LeBrun: Oilers interested in T Ennis, offering a 4th round pick

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Kind of like saying “When Michal Kempny is your trade deadline acquisition...” four days before the deadline.

It’s basically the definition of talking out of your ass.
Did you just compare the Oilers to the 2017-2018 Capitals and Kempny to Ennis? :laugh:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In this case he's right though. The Oilers might be a playoff team this year but it's solely because of two players, and you can't have success in the playoffs because of two players. Now that they have a 1b line that's firing on all cylinders, it would be managerial malpractice not to give McDavid a legitimate top 6 winger to play with... a Hoffman or even a Kapanen could really elevate his game. There are assets they shouldn't give up, but there are also some that could be moved without totally derailing the five year plan. They need to make Edmonton a place that players don't include on their 'Do Not Trade' lists again.
No, he's not right. You don't seem like you have a very good read on the team.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think 3rd for Ennis but second @ 50% because only 400k get's it done 100%.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
We wont be in the playoffs for long this fall

Next season will be different

You need to create a winning culture the West is wide open this year. Plus be in the playoffs...... how about making the playoffs first before we get to that road? The race is incredibly tight and Ennis would help.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I had to read the thread title a second time because I was wondering why it was thread worthy that the Oilers like tennis.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wonder if the Senators could get a slightly better return by taking Brandon Manning? If Edmonton wants to make a second move, shedding that cap might be helpful. Now that Detroit has claimed Goloubef, Manning might be useful as a placeholder. I doubt the Senators want Jaros up right now when Belleville is so hot. They have had to recall Jaros after Goloubef was claimed by Detroit.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Wonder if the Senators could get a slightly better return by taking Brandon Manning? If Edmonton wants to make a second move, shedding that cap might be helpful. Now that Detroit has claimed Goloubef, Manning might be useful as a placeholder. I doubt the Senators want Jaros up right now when Belleville is so hot. They have had to recall Jaros after Goloubef was claimed by Detroit.

As an Oiler fan, please please please please please take him

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I've been saying "Manning to Ottawa" all year. Just makes so much sense.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I wonder if it’s a bigger deal than just Ennis. Maybe Tierney as well, in which case Ottawa would have to retain or take salary back. Gagner or Manning could come back to Ottawa. Either way, I think Ottawa will add another defenceman soon. It might just be a guy they can use for the rest of the year though, so Manning would work.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada

Wasn’t that the guy who got suspend for using racial slurs? That would be a horrible look for Ottawa trading for him only weeks after the incident.

Reactions: Tony Tony Chopper

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Wasn’t that the guy who got suspend for using racial slurs? That would be a horrible look for Ottawa trading for him only weeks after the incident.

yes, same guy. I wouldn’t want him either, but he’d only be here for like 20 games, and once Boro comes back, Manning might be the 7th dman.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
As an Oiler fan, please please please please please take him

His salary is high relative to his role, so the Oilers would have to give the Sens an asset. So let's say if Ennis is worth a late pick, the Sens get a 3rd instead. Or if he's worth a 3rd, the Sens get a 2nd. etc etc

I wonder if it’s a bigger deal than just Ennis. Maybe Tierney as well, in which case Ottawa would have to retain or take salary back. Gagner or Manning could come back to Ottawa. Either way, I think Ottawa will add another defenceman soon. It might just be a guy they can use for the rest of the year though, so Manning would work.

Tierney makes sense for Edmonton if they don't want to burn assets on rentals. He is under team control for another year. Maybe Puljujarvi would be involved? Weren't the Senators in on him earlier in the season?

I must have missed that story. Probably a good reason not to take on that kind of headache to fill what amounts to a warm body.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
My thoughts exactly. Edmonton is currently really restricted by the cap heading into the deadline due to injuries and bonuses. Unloading Manning would give them a little breathing room to make a move on Monday.

I doubt they move Russell (NMC), Gagner, or Chiasson since they are in a playoff spot and those players help. But I think Manning and Granlund are salaries they could move. Khaira is another one. He's struggled this year for the Oilers but he should still have some trade value (not a pure cap dump) given his skillset and past performances.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
My thoughts exactly. Edmonton is currently really restricted by the cap heading into the deadline due to injuries and bonuses. Unloading Manning would give them a little breathing room to make a move on Monday.

I doubt they move Russell (NMC), Gagner, or Chiasson since they are in a playoff spot and those players help. But I think Manning and Granlund are salaries they could move. Khaira is another one. He's struggled this year for the Oilers but he should still have some trade value (not a pure cap dump) given his skillset and past performances.

Yeah the two you’ve identified is the guys they could unload to try and free up some cap or as part of a deal where salary needs to go back. Problem with Khaira is he’s a part of a pretty good Oilers PK.

Sounds like a Ennis to Edmonton trade is coming down the pipe. I hope it’s a 4th + throw in prospect at most but could see it being a 3rd to seal it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00