Post-Game Talk: Oilers have no bounce

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not even saying this as a diss, but man Matthew's was like rnh. Just invisible both games we played them.

Marner is better

I didn't even notice matthews in Calgary either. Guy is very streaky

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Don't worry boys, Bobby isn't going to take the easy way out and move on. He's going to right this ship!

oliers-entertainment-group-ceo-and-vice-chair-bob-nicholson1.jpeg

Damn straight! He's almost 10% through this book now! Expected to finish it by the end of June. That's commitment.

1119159083.jpg

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Missed most of the game, then turned it off with three minutes left, and thus missed the goals. Meaningless games all, so the important thing is that Drai and McD got two points apiece!

Lost in all the fussing over the final seconds is that the Oilers had yet another 5-on-3 in the third (?) period, during which they didn't come close to scoring (or even getting a good shot).

Have the Oilers scored on a 5-on-3 yet this season? I'm remembering about four times it's happened and they've choked every time.

Reactions: Fmrnuckfan95

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
Missed most of the game, then turned it off with three minutes left, and thus missed the goals. Meaningless games all, so the important thing is that Drai and McD got two points apiece!

Lost in all the fussing over the final seconds is that the Oilers had yet another 5-on-3 in the third (?) period, during which they didn't come close to scoring (or even getting a good shot).

Have the Oilers scored on a 5-on-3 yet this season? I'm remembering about four times it's happened and they've choked every time.

I think they scored one against the Blackhawks few months back but that's it.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
What’s with Drai playing more minutes than McDavid the last 4 games?

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
McD was alright tonight, for some reason he isn’t his spectacular self vs the Leafs. Draisaitl should have had a couple goals tonight, man he had some great chances but Andersson was the difference. The rest of the team should be fired into the sun, what a garbage effort, these are supposed to be meaningful games and apart from our 2 stars it was yet another sick joke

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
We only have 2 regulation losses in the last 10 games, both from the same crew. I like how they kept going at full speed in the last 2 minutes. With multiple comebacks recently, Oilers are starting to adopt an identity, never say die attitude.

Toronto just has our number, I think Mike Babcock is a legendary coach. Imagine is Chiarelli actually implemented a thorough hiring process instead of just jumping on McLellan's lap and not even considering other options.
I remember, according to Friedman and Dreger, that Babs and Todd had a dinner prior to the hire, and Mike said if you really want to coach them then I won't stand in your way. Todd said it was a perfect marriage. They both wanted to coach McDavid, but Babs let his former assistant take it.

Leafs were crap, worse than Edmonton when Babs took over. They were the worst team in the league his 1st year. But he's molded that team and locker room into a real culture of belief and hard work. I have no doubt, he would've done the same thing here, but with much more elite talent. The one that got away

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty much an auto loss, Kosko out with the flu, Leafs are the faster more well built team overall. That being said, I like a lot of what I saw.

Oilers continue to execute plays unlike how they were doing for most of the last 2 seasons. Battles are being won, coverage is being kept to, passes both easy and hard are being made, pucks are getting on net from decently dangerous spots. Too bad it couldn’t translate to a W, against a weaker team like we saw agains tree Canucks it would have. Some thoughts.

- Russell is a warrior and showed it tonight, said that before. He also has issues with his gap likely due to not being the quickest or most powerful skater, said that before too and he showed that as well.

- Drai was good again. McDavid was good as well. Both need more help.

- Like Larssons continued efforts in bringing more offense to his game. All he had to do is get used to it a bit, more poise should follow, and better plays and better results.

- Matt Benning is a horrible skater; but it really showed against a fast team.

- Like what Khaira brought. Liked Currie. Cave is meh. Brodziak has been pretty MIA, more so than a 4th liner should be. Reider I don’t care if he scores any more but completing one effective play at all would be nice.

- Gagner is smart at creating chances and continues to show it.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Don't worry boys, Bobby isn't going to take the easy way out and move on. He's going to right this ship!

oliers-entertainment-group-ceo-and-vice-chair-bob-nicholson1.jpeg
He didn’t really shoot down the rumour that he was leaving. Said something about this being an important time for the Oilers but nothing about not being interested in going somewhere else. He’s so used to answering questions without actually answering questions that he might not be able to anymore.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hey guys,

Leafs fan here coming in peace.

Just want to give my props to you Oiler fans.

Watching that Oilers/Leafs game was one of the most entertaining games that I’ve watched all year and it was mainly because of the fans.

That was ****ing awesome.

Your team once again shocked the hockey world with it's tenacity and again far exceeded everyone's expectations.

I am sure it still stings a little but you guys should all be very proud of your team, especially going as far as you did with having Chia as the GM. Most teams would have bent over.

I am very impressed with your team!!

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:
:shakehead

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Playoff push is far from over boys. We can realistically afford to lose 3-4 of our remaining 14 games. We've been playing well recently, and if we beat our Western opponents, there is a chance.

10-3-1 is certainly possible. We're still in it until mathematically eliminated.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Still in a state of mental depression at going to a home game that was an away game.

Got out fan’d big time in our own barn.

Too bad we couldn’t tie it up.

Stolarz had a Koskinen like game (in a good way)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad