Post-Game Talk: Oilers have no bounce

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tavares, McDavid, and Draisaitl all show why they make the big bucks. Matthews continues to struggle since he signed his contract.
Matthews right now is probaably the worse of those 4 players. Him and JT are pretty close but AM has hit a slump. Drai+Mcdavid are currently ahead of AM and Mcdavid will be for most of his career.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Stolarz played a pretty good game atleast. oilers played for about 1:46 minutes today which is pretty good. maybe if we play for 5 minutes next time we can score 6 goals

Reactions: Todd Parchment

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If Nurse had hockey IQ, he probably would not be here.
Nurse is what he is and that's nothing more than a 2nd pairing defenseman, ideally your #4 guy. He is in way over his head on the PP and late game situations.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
My goodness we need to get the 3 forwards some help. I don't understand how in the world Chia gutted the team this badly, and was allowed to do it. It'a actually kind of shocking.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Maybe just maybe Hitchcock can pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize Nurse on the pp is horrible.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Matthews right now is probaably the worse of those 4 players. Him and JT are pretty close but AM has hit a slump. Drai+Mcdavid are currently ahead of AM and Mcdavid will be for most of his career.
I still can't understand why Dubas even entertained Matthews' agent using McDavid as a comparable during contract negotiations to reach the big money and short-term that they agreed to. Matthews is a star player that has 40+ goal potential every season, but I've seen nothing that suggests he's a perennial contender for the Hart/Lindsay Trophy.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I would've felt better if they had just lost 3-0, but man they had a chance for the miracle.

Still just gotta take care of business the next three games, can still pull within 3 if everything goes right. This was the game they could afford to lose, now they gotta roll off another 4 in a row.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Maybe just maybe Hitchcock can pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize Nurse on the pp is horrible.
Nurse's PP numbers this season suggest that he's not horrible. He at least knows the way to score is to distribute it to RNH or McDavid on the half-boards, and doesn't force low percentage shots like Klefbom has this season. I agree that long-term the Oilers need Bouchard to develop into what he does at the junior level - a PP quarterback that is both a threat to shoot and pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad