Post-Game Talk: Oilers don't win yet again, management content to eat ass.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Agreed. It’s top to bottom. Even McDavid has been a. Complete no show lately. Everyone is at fault. This entire organization is a joke. Players seem unmotivated and don’t care. They came out absolutely flying and it seemed as soon as Florida went up 2-0 the Oilers just sat back and accepted defeat. Kosk needs to go. I just knew he would give up the first softie like that. It all starts with goaltending

we were out shooting them 16-7 or something and Bob kept them in it. If we had a goalie that could keep us in games when we are being out shot, we would win a hell of a lot more games. Yes you’re right, it’s the entire team but goaltending has been an issue with this franchise for a long long time and needs to be addressed

By the way, how the hell does Tippett still have a job today???

People don't understand ... goaltending for this team is not just the position of stopping shots and nothing else.

This teams entire confidence flows from the goalie.

If there is rot there, it will spread and destroy the D corps' confidence and then the forwards will fall apart and even things like your PP ... that rot spreads there.

I called this in the summer.

This is why it was extraordinarily dangerous to be so damn dismissive of goaltending in the summer. A mistake as bad as any Chia made.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Crawford was an excellent goalie. He might not be a Vezina caliber goalie but he was good enough to win 3 Cups. Chicago would be getting eliminated in the first round every year if they had Koskinen level goaltending.

Crawford was solid but he was definitely not a great goalie that first Cup with him. Niemi was not a good goalie, average at absolute best. Crawford was great by the 2nd Cup with him

Not many teams win with their backup as the starter, you’re right

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
People don't understand ... goaltending for this team is not just the position of stopping shots and nothing else.

This teams entire confidence flows from the goalie.

If there is rot there, it will spread and destroy the D corps' confidence and then the forwards will fall apart and even things like your PP ... that rot spreads there.

I called this in the summer.

This is why it was extraordinarily dangerous to be so damn dismissive of goaltending in the summer. A mistake as bad as any Chia made.
Very well said. Couldn’t agree more !!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You could make a case that someone like Markstrom would've saved 3 out of 6 goals today, but when the D plays so poorly, letting players shoot from grade a+ positions, you don't get far.
People say that the players don't have confidence in the goalie and that's why they don't score, but why no one never says that maybe the goalie plays like absolute shit, because the team can't score and the D won't help him at all? It can go both ways. If I knew that every night I have absolutely no help from the D or Forwards, I'd probably suck too.

Teams like Florida and Colorado and Canes have had many games where they are losing by many goals and still manage to rally and win. Coaching, figthing mentality, leadership.
I'm not trying to make a case for Koskinen being falsely accused, because he sucks, but people thinking that goalie change would fix most of this are wrong imo.

The Oilers were outshooting the Panthers 30-13 and somehow Florida was winning 2-0. You just watched that game and you're saying this? The quality clubs in the league with good goaltending can come out in games completely asleep and reel the game back because their goalies are saving bacon. When do we ever get that?

The bolded is silly. Usually equivocating is. Koskinen sucks, As bad as any D can be at times on this club Koskinen is worse. Koskinen was watching the Oilers get stymied by a Vezina quality performance. You think the Panthers played well in this game for most of it?

Reactions: geebster

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Reactions: MessierII

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Honestly I think the internal case is the best one. Woodcroft has done enough to earn the job. Bring him up to work with Gully to finish the season, and then let him pick his assistants in the offseason.

I prefer Manson over Playfair.

The only thing I like about Playfair is his hulk impression.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
The Oilers were outshooting the Panthers 30-13 and somehow Florida was winning 2-0. You just watched that game and you're saying this? The quality clubs in the league with good goaltending can come out in games completely asleep and reel the game back because their goalies are saving bacon. When do we ever get that?

The bolded is silly. Usually equivocating is. Koskinen sucks, As bad as any D can be at times on this club Koskinen is worse. Koskinen was watching the Oilers get stymied by a Vezina quality performance. You think the Panthers played well in this game for most of it?
Fair enough, good points.
This is just frustrating and I don't think a better goalie would save the season.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fair enough, good points.
This is just frustrating and I don't think a better goalie would save the season.

Better goalie did save the previous season. They are running out of time, letting it go this far (well shit letting it go even past summer) was dangerous.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Agreed. It’s top to bottom. Even McDavid has been a. Complete no show lately. Everyone is at fault. This entire organization is a joke. Players seem unmotivated and don’t care. They came out absolutely flying and it seemed as soon as Florida went up 2-0 the Oilers just sat back and accepted defeat. Kosk needs to go. I just knew he would give up the first softie like that. It all starts with goaltending

we were out shooting them 16-7 or something and Bob kept them in it. If we had a goalie that could keep us in games when we are being out shot, we would win a hell of a lot more games. Yes you’re right, it’s the entire team but goaltending has been an issue with this franchise for a long long time and needs to be addressed

By the way, how the hell does Tippett still have a job today???
I think it’s whatever is in the water

Reactions: tardigrade81

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I don't mind the idea of bringing in Malone, and giving him the green light to rally the room. Sounds stupid, but obviously there's no one in that room that can do that right now.

Have him come in and tell the boys how he's spent a decade on busses and in crappy hotel rooms because he loves this game. Remind these guys how lucky they are to be playing in the NHL.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Call up Malone, Griffith and Marody. Send down Shore, Sceviour and Ryan. It’s something minor but it changes the look of the 4th line.

On a positive note, up until the 3rd goal against the defence actually played really well. I hope they stick with those pairings for a while.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Don't worry Oilers fans the Calgary Flames are masters of breaking other teams out of a slump. McDavid will torch Calgary as usual.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I want you to take a deep breath, and laugh.

Every time the Oilers do something dumb, just laugh at it. Even you have to force it. Eventually, every goal against is funny.
I'm not deluded when I say I can do a better job at managing a hockey club than old man Kenny

It's so frustrating because all off-season I was complaining about this boneheaded stupid ass decisions and signings, people were just calling me a hater.

Bear and Jones > Russell and Koekkoek
5.6m > Keith
3.5m > Barrie
2 years of LTIR Smith
2 years of useless forward Shore (BECAUSE OF ONE GOOD GAME 4 VS JETS)
Keeping Koskinen

dumb idiotic moves which me and plenty of other people called right of the bat, its not hindsight, its f***ing inevitable like Thanos and global warming

and nothing EVER happens until its too late. dumb old bobby nick ran out the clock till the last second with Chiarelli and Todd and its going to happen again.

these old cucks need to go

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad