Post-Game Talk: Oilers don't win yet again, management content to eat ass.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
im just venting

honestly just ignore half the shit I say
Fair enough, I can understand. I just aren't upset at either of those, because the team needs more bodies. Malone is a decent vet for a long time.

That said, the rest is brutal, I assume the Kane signing is incoming.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
I don't mind the idea of bringing in Malone, and giving him the green light to rally the room. Sounds stupid, but obviously there's no one in that room that can do that right now.

Have him come in and tell the boys how he's spent a decade on busses and in crappy hotel rooms because he loves this game. Remind these guys how lucky they are to be playing in the NHL.
I hear what your saying but I'm not sure guys that get millions a year on guaranteed 6,7,8 year contracts really give a **** that Malone paid his dues and they will never have to.
That said yes somone or something needs to get there attention as not much has so far.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I think it’s whatever is in the water
All I know is the season and team isn’t even fun to watch anymore. I can understand a bit of a losing streak of 5 or 6 and maybe even two or three of those being in overtime. But this is just ridiculous getting killed in every game. It’s hard to even get excited or want to watch a game anymore. Something needs to change, but as usual it won’t.

Reactions: Anemia

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I take solace in knowing every night Tippett goes to bed, he's thinking about his life after he gets fired

same with Holland

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
It’s a vicious circle. Losing teams continually overpay players to get them to stay which ends up making it harder to build a winning roster.
if thats the case, those losing teams should move to a better market to sign and keep players...

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I understand Griffith but what does Marody have to do to get legitimate shot on this team? I get it, he has issues skating, but to write him off without even giving him a shot seems so unnecessary.

Reactions: McWeber

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I do like how much pressure the rest of the hockey world is putting on Holland now. Pretty much every NHL reporter is tweeting and podcasting about it at this point. Even a KHL team getting involved.

Reactions: Skar

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Absolutely a better goaltender would save the season.

upload_2022-1-21_16-21-11.jpeg

what a stud.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I do like how much pressure the rest of the hockey world is putting on Holland now. Pretty much every NHL reporter is tweeting and podcasting about it at this point. Even a KHL team getting involved.

Who was that who was arguing with me that it would be no big deal and Holland wouldn't be feeling any heat?

Lol.

This is like 2 weeks ago. Lo and behold.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Fifth fewest goals per game too.

Florida and Colorado have scored more than double the goals the Oilers have since then haha.

I'm not saying this team hasn't regressed in all areas. It has underperformed everywhere but goaltending has absolutely sewered this team. With even league average goaltending this might have been salvageable trying to get through death by a thousand covids and rotating left defensemen that has gone like five prospects deep into the pipeline. Special teams have both cratered in part due to some missing core pieces.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm not saying this team hasn't regressed in all areas. It has underperformed everywhere but goaltending has absolutely sewered this team. With even league average goaltending this might have been salvageable trying to get through death by a thousand covids and rotating left defensemen that has gone like five prospects deep into the pipeline. Special teams have both cratered in part due to some missing core pieces.

They'd still be well into the negatives for goal differential at 5v5 with average goaltending because their offense has been non-existent.

One piece isn't changing this team.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fifth fewest goals per game too.

Florida and Colorado have scored more than double the goals the Oilers have since then haha.

If ever there was a case study of a team that completely comes undone with bad goaltending, this would be it.

Bad goaltending is like a virus to this team, it starts in net, but eventually just infects everything.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Not an Oilers fan but what does Wallstedt do for the Oilers? They need to compete now, while #97 and #29 are under contract. For one, drafting goalies is especially difficult. For two, he's not likely to make the NHL in a full-time capacity for a few years and if the Oilers haven't found a starting goalie by then it's very possible #97 and #29 will either be gone or looking to leave.

They need a proven solution now. Not in 3-4 years...now.
this is a copy and paste of an answer I gave to another person who said the same thing

some goalie's become NHL ready faster than others.
and yeah there's a chance that he wouldn't be NHL ready for atleast 2-3 years. but still having a potential franchise goalie.
what are the chances the 22nd overall + 90th overall pick once are ready will fill or help fill the biggest need since Roloson left?
I could be forgetting a goalie in there though.

either way knowing you have an elite goalie prospect would likely be alot more refreshing over still searching

Reactions: Whyme

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2