Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Over the roster limit by 1 now, maybe they can dump Spooner for a late pick to someone? Probably just Yamamoto sent down or is he on IR?

Edit: forgot about Gambardella

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm usually positive to these low-risk waiver moves, but I'm not sure what the point is of this one. Is he any better than Zykov even? If not, why give him up on waiver just to pick up this guy? Seems like just another dime a dozen bottom-six / fringe player. We have plenty of those already.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In before all of HFOil flips out that we wasted an asset on Cave. Because, you know, HFOil flips out over even free assets.
All depends on what we do after. If we lose a player better than him on waivers to claim him then yeah.

If not it's just a pointless move.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
A former Bruin...surprise surprise

Does Chia know he can look at players outside the Mass/Tri-state region?

On another hand, the #13-14 Forward in Boston should probably be #8-9 on our depth chart....

Reactions: frag2

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I prefer this to whatever trade Chiarelli is planning on making next.

At the same time, the coaching staff (both Hitchcock/McLellan) cant be bothered to play players like this. We seen it with Zykov, Gambardella, Marody etc, so whats the point. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle? I have never seen a coaching staff play certain players so little. The pressure from the organization must be immense.

Reactions: Aerrol

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Over the roster limit by 1 now, maybe they can dump Spooner for a late pick to someone? Probably just Yamamoto sent down or is he on IR?

KY is still on IR. I'm wondering if you are counting Gambardella when you say we are over, because we're at 23 right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad