Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Colby Cave off waivers

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm kind of getting tired of these types of moves. On one hand I don't mind it as our top prospects in the AHL are first year players, so I'd rather them keep getting the ice time down there, but this is also sending a message to our AHL players that other teams prospects are more worthy than you. At least he isn't trading futures for temporary help though.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'm kind of getting tired of these types of moves. On one hand I don't mind it as our top prospects in the AHL are first year players, so I'd rather them keep getting the ice time down there, but this is also sending a message to our AHL players that other teams prospects are more worthy than you. At least he isn't trading futures for temporary help though.

This is key. I don't care what he does so long as no moderate to major trades.

And he needs to get fired.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
At the conclusion of his final junior season, placing second on the club in points with 75 in 72 games, Cave was signed as an undrafted free agent to a three-year, entry level contract by the Boston Bruins on April 4, 2015

Despite agreeing to an extension with the Bruins in August 2013,[3] Chiarelli was fired by the team on April 15, 2015.[4] On April 24, 2015, the Edmonton Oilers announced Chiarelli's hiring as general manager and president of hockey operations.[5]

Damn near PC's last move in Boston?

Hopefully near Chia's last move in Edmonton.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
At the conclusion of his final junior season, placing second on the club in points with 75 in 72 games, Cave was signed as an undrafted free agent to a three-year, entry level contract by the Boston Bruins on April 4, 2015

Despite agreeing to an extension with the Bruins in August 2013,[3] Chiarelli was fired by the team on April 15, 2015.[4] On April 24, 2015, the Edmonton Oilers announced Chiarelli's hiring as general manager and president of hockey operations.[5]

So based off these timelines could January 23rd be the day he gets fired? Last NHL day before the All-Star Break, the morning after the Oiler's last game before the 10 day break. If the team doesn't go 3-1 minimum from here to there, there's a decent chance that will be the case.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Colby Cave.. CC... Ceci ... CC ... Cody Ceci ... CC ...
ears.gif

PuckNut

Oct 31, 2005
Edmonton

Hopefully it’s damn near his last move in Edmonton too...

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
It allows Khaira to go back to wing is all.

Cave is essentially filling the hole Strome left. So yes another downgrade on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad