Speculation: Oilers/Bruins

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
Oh another DeBrusk to Edmonton Traded proposal how original. DeBrusk is it playing great and still on a entry level contract for another year why would we trade him.
or you could say another boston edm thread would like to stay away any where from teams our past gm traded with or worked for

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm sorry, but you are VALUING a 28-year old winger based on his PAST NINE GAMES???

:help:

Nine games, yes, this will tell you something. Sure looks good right now. The problem? Kassian disappears for long stretches. When he gets motivated, such as in the playoffs, he is a genuine pleasure to watch. Hitting, scoring, skating, are all inspiring. You wonder where this player has been all year, save for a spat of games. Then the regular season starts again and his listless play gets him sent right down to the 4th line again. Frustrating.

That he is inconsistent is to put it gently. However if you're looking for a nice surprise when games matter pick him up for the playoffs. He'll become a fan favorite and he won't cost too much.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm sorry, but you are VALUING a 28-year old winger based on his PAST NINE GAMES???

:help:

I don't think it was the intention to suggest that Kassian gets valued completely based on his past 9 games. However, it does show that, if nothing else, he is capable of being a good player and isn't a scrub junk bottom line face puncher. By no means is anyone suggesting that he is a point per game player. The issue with Kassian isn't what he brings, its how often he brings it. He can, and this year, has, went through tremendous stretches of being completely invisible. Like most NHL players, when they are half-arsing it, they are not worth playing. Kassian can get discouraged and it shows in his game. I don't think that would be a concern for this season if he gets traded, but it would be completely fair to wonder about that for next season.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Nine games, yes, this will tell you something. Sure looks good right now. The problem? Kassian disappears for long stretches. When he gets motivated, such as in the playoffs, he is a genuine pleasure to watch. Hitting, scoring, skating, are all inspiring. You wonder where this player has been all year, save for a spat of games. Then the regular season starts again and his listless play gets him sent right down to the 4th line again. Frustrating.

That he is inconsistent is to put it gently. However if you're looking for a nice surprise when games matter pick him up for the playoffs. He'll become a fan favorite and he won't cost too much.
This is true. Kassian will have significant value to a lot of playoff teams.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Gross.

Too bad the guy that had the obsession with Kassian already brought him to his team.

My guess is RNH.

If there's a deal to be made, that's another question. But RNH seems like a logical need from the Bruins side.

While that may be so, you have very little to offer that’s realistically moveable and would meet any needs that Edmonton has.

Nuge has three times as many points as DeBrusk but you guys bristle like a porcupine when his name is mentioned.

I’m sure you’d offer something like Heinen+Grzelcyk but there’s no sense whatsoever in us doing that .

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The Oilers and Bruins have been scouting each other heavily (Providence Bruins as well). What kind of deals could you see going through between the two teams?

Nuge for Debrusk+?

Pulju for Donato/Heinen+?

Chiasson/Kassian for pick/prospect?

Not saying either teams should do these, just wondering what kind of deals they could be exploring.

My guess is you are correct on the second deal. A hockey trade young ELC for young ELC.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Trading Nuge when he's finally building off that rookie season performance would be beyond stupid.

Chiasson or Kassian for picks I could see

Pulju for Donato + JFK? That's something I would do.

While I don't think both would be moved for him I think it's pretty close with the idea of one of the NHL prospects and an AHL prospect/D that Gretzky helped draft for Puljajarvi. Low risk, high reward for both teams when a player gets a change of scenery or is given the chance to produce in a new setting.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, 8 is the bare minimum. We could easily see 9-9.5.

As someone from Winnipeg I mean no offense by this but you are probably talking market value. The Oilers will have to over pay because of location and the current dumpster fire and the future is also looking like a dumpster fire.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
The last time to Oilers made the playoffs Kassian was a treat to watch,
I'd be ok with the B's taking a chance on him if it's not gonna cost tooooooo much

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Your second trade makes so much sense if Gretzky has the + in mind that he drafted and believes can be a part of the Oiler future group. He also knows all the D prospects front to back and could target Lauzon or Zboril on top of one of the forward prospects and have a win-win situation for the Oilers and Bruins.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Your second trade makes so much sense if Gretzky has the + in mind that he drafted and believes can be a part of the Oiler future group. He also knows all the D prospects front to back and could target Lauzon or Zboril on top of one of the forward prospects and have a win-win situation for the Oilers and Bruins.

We don’t overly need more D prospects. Particularly not offense devoid LHD. Our top two LHD are 25 and 23 years old. Two of the top performing Condors this year are Jones and Lagesson, both LD. Our 2nd best prospect in Junior is a LHD. Not really seeing the fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Imagine a whopper trade right out of left field between these two.

Like a Pastrnak/McAvoy for McDavid plus 6 other humans being thrown in to balance things out.

Would be awesomely terrifying for both fan bases. Even the whole league.

Anyhoo, back to swapping 4th rounders!

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Then that would leave a huge hole in 2LW, it would be better to trade NOT to Edmonton but another team a existing RW "Backes salary retained" + picks, prospects, for a upgrade on RW.
I agree with the not trading with Edmonton part and I also don’t want to trade JD buuuut no one is taking Backes, this team has truck loads of Left Shot Left Wings in the system, heck Heinen, Celarhik, Donato and Bjork say hi. It’s a position of strength, and they should deal from there. JD is the one I would part with last, but as the center piece for a legit RW which this system severely lacks, I would consider it.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I agree with the not trading with Edmonton part and I also don’t want to trade JD buuuut no one is taking Backes, this team has truck loads of Left Shot Left Wings in the system, heck Heinen, Celarhik, Donato and Bjork say hi. It’s a position of strength, and they should deal from there. JD is the one I would part with last, but as the center piece for a legit RW which this system severely lacks, I would consider it.

Backes isn't totally useless, I just don't think he fits the Bruins style of play, remember Jagr he played like crap on the Bruins, then once he went to Florida he was very productive. I'm willing to bet someone would take him at 50% retained That's $3,000,000

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
We don’t overly need more D prospects. Particularly not offense devoid LHD. Our top two LHD are 25 and 23 years old. Two of the top performing Barons this year are Jones and Lagesson, both LD. Our 2nd best prospect in Junior is a LHD. Not really seeing the fit.

I wonder if it's for Heinen + a Bruins forward that Gretzky likes but the Oilers scouts are unfamiliar with; hence them going to see what he is all in for moving. It could be Hughes or it could be JFK.

I'd imagining Heinen gets Puljajarvi's spot and the scouts have to approve of Gretzky's second piece before making the move so that's why they are in Providence.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wonder if it's for Heinen + a Bruins forward that Gretzky likes but the Oilers scouts are unfamiliar with; hence them going to see what he is all in for moving. It could be Hughes or it could be JFK.

I'd imagining Heinen gets Puljajarvi's spot and the scouts have to approve of Gretzky's second piece before making the move so that's why they are in Providence.

Showed my age by calling them Barons.

I could live with Heinen+ As long as + has some NHL upside and isnt a LD or a goalie. Enough risk on both sides that it makes some sense.

It would be very ‘us’ to have Puljujarvi explode and Heinen continue to decline, though. Everyone we get is on the downswing.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Imagine a whopper trade right out of left field between these two.

Like a Pastrnak/McAvoy for McDavid plus 6 other humans being thrown in to balance things out.

Would be awesomely terrifying for both fan bases. Even the whole league.

Anyhoo, back to swapping 4th rounders!

If we made that trade I would cry.... Literally.

The Oilers would be dead to me

Reactions: McWeber

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Kassian is a meathead who can’t play a lick of hockey. We have Wagner as a physical 4th line presence, absolutely ZERO need for that stiff Kassian.

Bruins need a 3rd line center. Nugents Hopkins is a 2nd line center, and makes too much money to be cast as a 3rd line center. And I wouldn’t want to pay him 6m to be miscast as a top 6 winger.

Oilers fans like DeBrusk. But so do Bruins fans. Kid is really good and will only improve. No chance you’re acquiring him for your scrubs. Klefbom Nurse aren’t getting you DeBrusk. Neither is Puljujarvi or Yakowhatever his name is. Neither is a mid to late 1st. To get DeBrusk Oilers would need to put Draisaitl on the table. And I’m guessing they aren’t interested in doing that. And even then, I think Draisitl is overpaid

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Chia is gone but I am fully expecting the Oilers to continue to get bent over in trades as long as we have the same worthless pro scouts and morons like MacT and Howson in prominent roles. Hopefully K. Gretz proves me wrong.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kassian is a meathead who can’t play a lick of hockey. We have Wagner as a physical 4th line presence, absolutely ZERO need for that stiff Kassian.

Bruins need a 3rd line center. Nugents Hopkins is a 2nd line center, and makes too much money to be cast as a 3rd line center. And I wouldn’t want to pay him 6m to be miscast as a top 6 winger.

Oilers fans like DeBrusk. But so do Bruins fans. Kid is really good and will only improve. No chance you’re acquiring him for your scrubs. Klefbom Nurse aren’t getting you DeBrusk. Neither is Puljujarvi or Yakowhatever his name is. Neither is a mid to late 1st. To get DeBrusk Oilers would need to put Draisaitl on the table. And I’m guessing they aren’t interested in doing that. And even then, I think Draisitl is overpaid

Have you ever considered a career in stand up comedy? That was ****ing hilarious! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad