Speculation: Oilers/Bruins

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The Oilers and Bruins have been scouting each other heavily (Providence Bruins as well). What kind of deals could you see going through between the two teams?

Nuge for Debrusk+?

Pulju for Donato/Heinen+?

Chiasson/Kassian for pick/prospect?

Not saying either teams should do these, just wondering what kind of deals they could be exploring.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I wouldn't trade Kassian. Showing he can produce like a third liner. Nearly a ppg in his past 9 games.

I might be interested in a Nuge for Debrusk + 1st. I would hate trading Nuge, but it gives us cap space to sign a guy like Stone in the offseason.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I wouldn't trade Kassian. Showing he can produce like a third liner. Nearly a ppg in his past 9 games.

I might be interested in a Nuge for Debrusk + 1st. I would hate trading Nuge, but it gives us cap space to sign a guy like Stone in the offseason.

IF the oilers move Nuge, with the money they free up they will look at signing 2 fwds at 3.5 not one at 7

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
No thanks keep the guy that is finally producing like a top pick and its been going back all he way to last year so no thanks.

I generally wouldn't, although our team would look a lot better than before if we sign Stone.

XXX - McDavid - Stone
Debrusk - Drai - XXX

would look solid, and two first round picks would make our prospect pool great.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I generally wouldn't, although our team would look a lot better than before if we sign Stone.

XXX - McDavid - Stone
Debrusk - Drai - XXX

would look solid, and two first round picks would make our prospect pool great.

big risk to take going into next year when probably 10+ other teams will be in on stone. notice how many empty spots are already in your example there. if stone doesnt sign whos filling in 3 spots before mcdavid just decides to retire.

edmonton would be very very dumb to move rnh. its not like hes a ufa

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
The Oilers can't really make moves because of their cap situation (other than shedding salary). If there's any deal, it's Boston trading for a expendable contract. My money is on Kassian.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
For which ever team signs stone I get a funny feeling the first digit of the $ figure is an 8, so I think some people are already setting themselves up for disappointment if they’re pencilling in stone at 7.

And Nuge is one of the few oilers actually performing to or above his 6m cap hit although I do like Debrusk

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
For which ever team signs stone I get a funny feeling the first digit of the $ figure is an 8, so I think some people are already setting themselves up for disappointment if they’re pencilling in stone at 7.

And Nuge is one of the few oilers actually performing to or above his 6m cap hit although I do like Debrusk
Yeah, 8 is the bare minimum. We could easily see 9-9.5.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
The Oilers can't really make moves because of their cap situation (other than shedding salary). If there's any deal, it's Boston trading for a expendable contract. My money is on Kassian.
Petrovic, reider, and Talbots contracts are done at the end of this year so that’s 8m freed up. And before you say that 8million will be used to replace these players I’d like to note that 8m has a grand total of ZERO goals this year for the oilers

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Petrovic, reider, and Talbots contracts are done at the end of this year so that’s 8m freed up. And before you say that 8million will be used to replace these players I’d like to note that 8m has a grand total of ZERO goals this year for the oilers
Wow......Talbot is a bigger bum than I thought!

Reactions: McFuhryous

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
My prediction is something oilers will not like. RNH trade for a first 2020 and good prospect. And then the pick and lucic flipped to a team that needs to get to the cap on July 15th and lucic then bought out

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Already replaced Talbots salary with your finish goalie…..

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
The Oilers and Bruins have been scouting each other heavily (Providence Bruins as well). What kind of deals could you see going through between the two teams?

Nuge for Debrusk+?

Pulju for Donato/Heinen+?

Chiasson/Kassian for pick/prospect?

Not saying either teams should do these, just wondering what kind of deals they could be exploring.

I don’t see why the Bruins do any of these besides the Kassian deal.

Boston needs to add to their top-6, snagging RNH for Debrusk is filling one hole by creating another.

I’d like to see Puljujarvi in a B’s uni but right now both Heinen and Donato are scoring at a better clip, barely, but again does this really help the Bruins during these playoffs?

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
with just how much the Oilers have been scouting the Bruins and baby Bruins you have to imagine this isn’t about Kassian or some lower end of the roster guy. Beyond that it’s hard to figure out. Bruins primary needs are up front. EDM has three top 6 centers and zero top six wings. I think folks are right to obviously circle in on something around DeBrusk and RNH, but who the heck does RNH play with in Boston if DeBrusk is moved? Just don’t get it.

Reactions: veganbruin

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
with just how much the Oilers have been scouting the Bruins and baby Bruins you have to imagine this isn’t about Kassian or some lower end of the roster guy. Beyond that it’s hard to figure out. Bruins primary needs are up front. EDM has three top 6 centers and zero top six wings. I think folks are right to obviously circle in on something around DeBrusk and RNH, but who the heck does RNH play with in Boston if DeBrusk is moved? Just don’t get it.
Nuge plays the wing just as well as C. 2nd line with Krejci?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Nuge plays the wing just as well as C. 2nd line with Krejci?

Maybe. But I think it really only makes sense if the idea is to move Krejci in the offseason (he goes to 16 team NTC) and move RNH back to C. RNH can play wing, but that’s kind of a waste. Basically just feels like if these two teams make a big deal, Boaton has to make another one.

Edit: and the need for another deal after an initial deal always makes the first deal more complicated.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Oh another DeBrusk to Edmonton Traded proposal how original. DeBrusk is it playing great and still on a entry level contract for another year why would we trade him.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I would maybe be interested in Chiasson, if the price is right. Give us a chance to get a guy we probably should have got in the Seguin deal.

Not interested in the other guys though

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Oh another DeBrusk to Edmonton Traded proposal how original. DeBrusk is it playing great and still on a entry level contract for another year why would we trade him.

Debrusk isn't actually playing great, he's been struggling to score for a while, but he's a good player. Not better than Barzal, Connor and Chabot who he was picked before, but that's another thread.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
DeBrusk is cost controlled and won’t be getting a huge bump in pay. He has lots of torque to his skating game. Not moving that kid for Nuge at 6m. Bruins don’t have a need for a #2 center and can’t afford to allocate 6m to 3rd line center. Also don’t like the idea of playing Nuge at wing. Rather keep DeBrusk there and watch him grow.

Don’t like any of the other names proposed. Not good trade partners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad