Speculation: Oilers/Bruins

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Debrusk isn't actually playing great, he's been struggling to score for a while, but he's a good player. Not better than Barzal, Connor and Chabot who he was picked before, but that's another thread.

Well he is basically only playing with Krejci one he gets a good RW his number will pick up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t think this is about huge names, honestly.

I think we’re looking at Cehlarik/Senyshyn/Hughes(we love our Edmonton area boys) on the Baby B’s and guys like Heinen on the big club (even though scouting the Bruins for secondary scoring is a bit of a lost cause) My guess is we’re offering Kassian/Chiasson/picks.

We don’t have a GM right now and I sincerely doubt K Gretzky has the authority to move RNH.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Edmonton fans have been trying to get DeBrusk since the day Boston drafted him, same thing with Boychuk it was one Edmonton Boston trade proposal after another trying to get Boychuk to Edmonton. so of course you saying that he isn’t playing great your trying to devalue him in order to convince Bruins fans to trade him. 16 Goals and 19 points I n 47 games isn’t that bad, look at Pastrnak numbers in his first 2 seasons, then he game went to a whole new level. Well he is basically only playing with Krejci one he gets a good RW his number will pick up.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
DeBrusk is cost controlled and won’t be getting a huge bump in pay. He has lots of torque to his skating game. Not moving that kid for Nuge at 6m. Bruins don’t have a need for a #2 center and can’t afford to allocate 6m to 3rd line center. Also don’t like the idea of playing Nuge at wing. Rather keep DeBrusk there and watch him grow.

Don’t like any of the other names proposed. Not good trade partners

And yet they have been scouting heavily. What are we missing?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Trading Nuge when he's finally building off that rookie season performance would be beyond stupid.

Chiasson or Kassian for picks I could see

Pulju for Donato + JFK? That's something I would do.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There were rumors at one time that we coveted Krug. Does anyone think that he might be available?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The Oilers and Bruins have been scouting each other heavily (Providence Bruins as well). What kind of deals could you see going through between the two teams?

Nuge for Debrusk+?

Pulju for Donato/Heinen+?

Chiasson/Kassian for pick/prospect?

Not saying either teams should do these, just wondering what kind of deals they could be exploring.
I'd do Pulju for Heinen 1 for 1

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Petrovic, reider, and Talbots contracts are done at the end of this year so that’s 8m freed up. And before you say that 8million will be used to replace these players I’d like to note that 8m has a grand total of ZERO goals this year for the oilers
No, I mean the Oilers are currently, right now, over the cap and can't add salary until they get below the cap. They need to get below the cap just to activate Sekera. I'm not talking about the end of the season; I quite literally mean right now.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
No, I mean the Oilers are currently, right now, over the cap and can't add salary until they get below the cap. They need to get below the cap just to activate Sekera. I'm not talking about the end of the season; I quite literally mean right now.

What a mess.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Bury Manning, replace with Lagesson.

Send down Puljujarvi, replace with Currie.

Trade Petrovic to a playoff team wanting grit for a 7th. Done.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
..... so of course you saying that he isn’t playing great your trying to devalue him in order to convince Bruins fans to trade him..

:huh:o_O John who are you directing this to? The only guy in this thread claiming Debrusk isn't playing well lives in MA (so I'm assuming a B's fan).

Anyway.... I'm with the other Oiler fans who've said that any trade is more likely looking at supporting cast players (from EDM) to Boston for your playoff push in exchange for baby-B futures. We are, tragically, sellers again at this deadline.

No way we are doing something as big as an RNH deal with an interim GM.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
The Oilers can't really make moves because of their cap situation (other than shedding salary). If there's any deal, it's Boston trading for a expendable contract. My money is on Kassian.
Gross.

Too bad the guy that had the obsession with Kassian already brought him to his team.

My guess is RNH.

If there's a deal to be made, that's another question. But RNH seems like a logical need from the Bruins side.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Oilers are scouting B's farm team as well so its probably a lesser deal.
Trading away RNH would be very stupid.
Oilers need him far more than Bruins.

Reactions: spaghtti

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The Oilers and Bruins have been scouting each other heavily (Providence Bruins as well). What kind of deals could you see going through between the two teams?

Nuge for Debrusk+?

Pulju for Donato/Heinen+?

Chiasson/Kassian for pick/prospect?

Not saying either teams should do these, just wondering what kind of deals they could be exploring.

Imo the Bruins assets are more valuable in all scenarios.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yes because Jake the winger with his 19pts is far more valuable than RNH and his 50+ points.
Ryan Donato must be lighting the league on fire as well. Maybe in 2 yrs Puljujarvi would become just as good.

I don't think Poolparty has any value right now and isn't close to those mentioned.

I think there could be a deal around the 1st option but EDM has such little leverage right now I don't think they'd get much for an RNH deal, at least not enough to make sense.

Last 2 guys are just replacement level players.

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
It would be something like
To edm
Backes
Halak
Vaakanainen

To bos
Lucic
Spooner
Montoya
Lagesson

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
It would be something like
To edm
Backes
Halak
Vaakanainen

To bos
Lucic
Spooner
Montoya
Lagesson

Why does Boston do this? Trading a bad contract for a worse contract, a downgrade in net, a Spooner who hasn't exactly lit the world on fire (far from it) and downgrading their prospect corps. Really makes zero sense.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Oilers need guys on their ELC to plug into their wings and a ton of the of the Baby Bs were drafted by Gretzky. He probably wants some of his kids.

Thinking - Heinen, Donato, Senyshyn, Hughes maybe JFK, Cehlarik.

Pool party for Donato? I'd consider it. Wouldn't do Heinen unless Edmonton added.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I don't think Poolparty has any value right now and isn't close to those mentioned.

I think there could be a deal around the 1st option but EDM has such little leverage right now I don't think they'd get much for an RNH deal, at least not enough to make sense.

Last 2 guys are just replacement level players.
How does Donato have more value than Puljujarvi?
If in 2 yrs Puljujarvi sits on 9pts in 34 games while being -11 then he would have same value as Donato.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad