Oilers Broadcast changes

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Jack Michaels and Louie Debrusk are equally important cogs that make up the apparatus that is without doubt the worst broadcasting duo in all of sporting history.

I'm sure there is a behind the scenes crew that deserves mention but I assume they value their anonymity when it comes to this lofty sports programming achievement.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I'm actually enjoying Jack and Louie. They work well together, sounds like they're having a good time calling the game and I like the vibe. Jack would have been a great WWE commentator, he gets a bit over the top at times but me and my wife have a pretty good chuckle about it, we find it pretty entertaining kinda like Principe. Pretty sure after the Oilers scored the 2 quick goals early Jack said "They dropped a deuce on the Jets" or something like that and man did we lol. It's definitely not a vanilla telecast with Jack at the wheel and i find it refreshing tbh. Just my 2 cents

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm actually enjoying Jack and Louie. They work well together, sounds like they're having a good time calling the game and I like the vibe. Jack would have been a great WWE commentator, he gets a bit over the top at times but me and my wife have a pretty good chuckle about it, we find it pretty entertaining kinda like Principe. Pretty sure after the Oilers scored the 2 quick goals early Jack said "They dropped a deuce on the Jets" or something like that and man did we lol. It's definitely not a vanilla telecast with Jack at the wheel and i find it refreshing tbh. Just my 2 cents
He gets so fired up at the end of the games. I think I'm going to blame him for not being able to sleep until 1am last night

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Jack really wants to be one of the cool kids and say cool things that he thinks are incredibly witty.;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I just wish Jack would stop saying chisels

What about "spears it out of the air"???

I love his adjectives. (Is that what they are called? I know English is my first language but I was never good at it - or math).

I don’t get the hate for Michael’s. Never cared for the OILERS radio network but I love his PBP especially on TV where I find it’s a massive upgrade.

I think perhaps he had massive shoes to fill taking over for Rod Phillips? Either way color me happy. I’d rather Michael’s than Ball or Singh or the majority of the NHL regional guys - the guy out of Bahstahn especially.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I love his adjectives. (Is that what they are called? I know English is my first language but I was never good at it - or math).

I don’t get the hate for Michael’s. Never cared for the OILERS radio network but I love his PBP especially on TV where I find it’s a massive upgrade.

I think perhaps he had massive shoes to fill taking over for Rod Phillips? Either way color me happy. I’d rather Michael’s than Ball or Singh or the majority of the NHL regional guys - the guy out of Bahstahn especially.

Singh... Oh God that Gaudreau goal call :banghead::banghead:

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

He's decent for sure, I liked Quinn but he his language was always the same. Maybe its just the new car smell, but I like the variety of the calls, though that could wear off in 5 years too.

Idk if you being rhetorical, but those are verbs.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I don't believe that's the reason at all. I think everyone knew there is only one Rod. He is being judged on his own merit.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I never minded Jack much at all but then again I only listened to Rod at the tail end of his career(2008 onward) and he was terrible so I never got to listen to the 'good' Rod Phillips. Jack was a step up.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
So so do we get Cassie and Singh or is that just a national game?

I hated that "Geaudreaaaaaa auuuu auuuu auuuu" call lol.

What was he thinking. Went pure Pagal there

Reactions: oilers'72

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So so do we get Cassie and Singh or is that just a national game?

I hated that "Geaudreaaaaaa auuuu auuuu auuuu" call lol.

What was he thinking. Went pure Pagal there
Singh is the guy who got a bunch of internet fame for his BoninoBoninoBonino call in the playoffs on HNIC Punjabi a few years ago so I think he’s trying to recreate that.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I didn't even mind that one lol. You can't really do it with Jhonny's name IMO. It sounded so bad.

He's trying to make it his dumb trademark because everyone was head over heels for it the first time.

Might sound ok in Punjabi, but sounds ridiculous in English. Just like his play by play generally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad