Oilers Broadcast changes

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jack was terrible on the radio.
Jack on TV was excellent early and now he is slowly becoming his radio personality.
So many stories about crap as the game is going on.

I don’t mind that. Like I said earlier it personalizes the game for me, it’s like your watching the game with Louie and Jack over beers in the basement.

Also I am Jacks secret HFOil burner so there’s that.

Reactions: CravenMH

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He's decent for sure, I liked Quinn but he his language was always the same. Maybe its just the new car smell, but I like the variety of the calls, though that could wear off in 5 years too.

Idk if you being rhetorical, but those are verbs.

Verbs. Adjectives. Tomato. Tomahtoe. :huh:

Reactions: North Cole

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jack Michaels and Louie Debrusk are equally important cogs that make up the apparatus that is without doubt the worst broadcasting duo in all of sporting history.

I'm sure there is a behind the scenes crew that deserves mention but I assume they value their anonymity when it comes to this lofty sports programming achievement.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you must never have heard a Leafs or Habs English regional and surely never a Sharks or Panthers.

Reactions: TB12

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Jack was terrible on the radio.
Jack on TV was excellent early and now he is slowly becoming his radio personality.
So many stories about crap as the game is going on.

I think this is a pretty good take. If he keeps his play call simple and less is more in a visual medium then the guy can be passable. The more he talks the more muddled his play calling becomes and also begins tripping into the analyst lane too. He's too jingoistic with full-on Oilers glasses bias which is homerism better served by weak radio broadcasters.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't believe that's the reason at all. I think everyone knew there is only one Rod. He is being judged on his own merit.

By now I believe your probably correct. I know a lot of people didn’t like him at first but we were used to Rod. I didn’t like his PBP at all but it grew on me when I had the chance to listen.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Singh is the guy who got a bunch of internet fame for his BoninoBoninoBonino call in the playoffs on HNIC Punjabi a few years ago so I think he’s trying to recreate that.

That was a natural heat in the moment reaction. The one for crying Johnny was delayed and forced. It sounded like he missed a directors cue and was utterly stupid

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Going to start with the radio synced to the tv so I don’t have to hear Cassie. Will only turn on audio on the tv if Oilers are up big so I can hear:

A) her terrible spin on why this is good for the Flames and how they’re still in it and
B) her tears

edit: if it’s Hrudey instead of Cassie tonight the above still 100% applies. Just substitute one annoying Flames fart sniffer for the other.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I merely turn the sound off the TV and enjoy watching Cassie when she wears her leather top.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I merely turn the sound off the TV and enjoy watching Cassie when she wears her leather top.

0D4141F0-C1D3-4B04-A5EC-0707B0CA0A1A.gif

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you must never have heard a Leafs or Habs English regional and surely never a Sharks or Panthers.

Leafs regional - TSN - Gord Miller & Ray Ferraro generally
Leafs regional - SNET ONTARIO - Chris Cuthbert & often Craig Simpson

Both networks with full panels - treat it like a national game. I like their broadcasts.

I don't mind Mudryk on the TSN Habs games.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Both networks with full panels - treat it like a national game. I like their broadcasts.

Im sure there's even some who have often preferred to watch those telecasts on here...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

It’s still the Leafs.

In fairness they are very good. I was thinking of the Leafs radio guys, last I heard them anyway.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
True sound bite from tonight's game as the play was going on...

Bob: *Homer Simpson giggle* This is a really funny tweet that I can't say on air.

Cam: I don't want to know that right now! Puck carried in by...

*** Comedy aside, I feel genuinely sorry for Cam. Bob just keeps getting worse and worse with trying to hog the spotlight.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
True sound bite from tonight's game as the play was going on...

Bob: *Homer Simpson giggle* This is a really funny tweet that I can't say on air.

Cam: I don't want to know that right now! Puck carried in by...

*** Comedy aside, I feel genuinely sorry for Cam. Bob just keeps getting worse and worse with trying to hog the spotlight.
Cam is great. I really, really hope they decide to keep him on. As someone who works shift work, radio is often my only option and Cam is a breath of fresh air from the mind numbing college football and weird, unprofessional drinking buddy type conversation between Jack and Bob.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jack is better on tv. Because he's not on my radio...

Seeing boob on tv is funny though. With those tiny little eye slits It always looks like he just finished smoking an ounce of weed wrapped in a med. chicken pizza

He looks like Trump staring into the eclipse, except all the time

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I still haven't figured out the difference between knifing the puck into offensive zone and pitchforking it in.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->