Oilers Broadcast changes

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
At least if Jack is calling a video broadcast then when he goes off on some tangent you can still watch the play. When he did that on the radio sometimes he would be talking for 20 seconds about whatever BS him and Bob were going back and forth about WHILE play was underway, and you would have no clue what was happening on the ice. Sportsnet should also keep Michaels more accountable and on topic with his PBP calls I would think.

Also, I like Cam Moon being added as the radio guy, he'll be much nicer to listen to.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
From reading the tea leaves, Jack Michaels will still call any games on CHED that are national or playoffs.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Not a huge fan of Michaels. Like Moon, though, who dropped a live F-bomb on 960 a few weeks ago.
I have a neutral opinion on Michaels. I really admire his passion and energy but I do get displeased with the way he sometimes awkwardly uses strange terms to call goals or sometimes he gets completely distracted while he's supposed to be calling a play. I feel like he could be a great announcer if he worked on his weaknesses.

Reactions: oilers'72

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
No more Drew means no more:

1A7C9A29-BA24-437D-9C08-9F509203F7AF.jpeg

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
I think in this situation he will be better. The only real knock I have on him is gets sucked into bob’s tangents. With Louie he will thrive.

Agree I feel badly for Quinn. He did a very solid job for a lot of years. Hope he lands a good gig.

Hoping being paired with Louie will help him too. I also feel bad for Quinn, loved the overtime winner calls. The big silver lining here is that we finally got rid of Remenda.

Reactions: oilers'72

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think Jack's play by play is just...straight up better than Quinn's. His rambling is definitely from Stauffer but if I'm reading it right Debrusk is the analyst so I think he is his sidekick?

Edit: It'll be nice to have our PBP guy not butcher names.

Edit Edit: Even all of the Oiler hype videos before games and shit replaced Quinn with Jack lol

Hmm. Open to seeing how this shakes out. Michaels and Stauffer is lose lose. Hopefully a real analyst like Debrusk will mitigate some of the sideshow stuff that derails Michaels being focused and clear on his play calling. Clear Michaels is heavily influenced by the great Doc Emrick so maybe this will work with a better, more professional co-pilot. Michaels can simplify his play calling within the visual format reducing the nail on chalkboard effect that has been a poor radio broadbcast product. Personally I think Reid Wilkins would be an immensely better intermission host whose professionalism keeps the focus on expert guests.

Cam Moon's put in the hard miles to earn this promotion. He's pretty solid. Crazy I remember watching him play back in the day for the Saskatoon Blades.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad