Oilers Broadcast changes

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
No more Remenda = I’m happy.

Kinda sad to see Kevin Quinn go though. I wonder if another team will sign him.

Reactions: MessierII

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The biggest problem with Jack is "Jack and Bob".
I think both would be fine separately.

If Michaels tones down the screeching just a bit, I think he's actually pretty good as a play by play guy. Debrusk would be a good ying to the Michaels yang IMO.

I think Jack and Louie could make an interesting duo. I'm looking forward to it.

For the intermissions, I think this format will emulate the regional format for Flames broadcasts, with Bob playing the role of Eric Francis to Gene's Roger Millions with Spector also hanging around.

Reactions: oilers'72

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I might be in the minority when I say a) I'll miss Quinn and b) I don't hate Michaels. I really hope the "OILERS radio network" doesn't become the "OILERS television network."

Reactions: SnooPac

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I might be in the minority when I say a) I'll miss Quinn and b) I don't hate Michaels. I really hope the "OILERS radio network" doesn't become the "OILERS television network."

It won't. On TV you have the big Sportsnet Logo announcing what you are watching so you don't need to say it. On the radio you need to say it to indicate the station to listeners (even though most would know what station they are listening to). I suspect his drawn out OOOOOOOOOOOverrrrrrrtiiiiiimme will follow him though.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It won't. On TV you have the big Sportsnet Logo announcing what you are watching so you don't need to say it. On the radio you need to say it to indicate the station to listeners (even though most would know what station they are listening to). I suspect his drawn out OOOOOOOOOOOverrrrrrrtiiiiiimme will follow him though.

But I mean, saying "Oilers radio network" doesn't help anyone... if anything he should be saying "630 CHED."

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
But I mean, saying "Oilers radio network" doesn't help anyone... if anything he should be saying "630 CHED."

I think the broadcasts are officially owned by the Oilers Radio Network though where 630 Ched has the rights to broadcast within the Edmonton region. Other stations outside Edmonton also carry games so 630 Ched wouldn't be correct for the other stations.

Oilers Radio Network

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Who is with Jack? Still Louie?

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think Jack is a pretty good announcer. He just spends too much time giving background info on the radio mid game, his style is better suited for TV.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Interesting.

I guess we’ll see how this works on Wednesday. Personally I don’t mind it, too bad for Kevin; I wonder if it was the “Texas-Hat-Trick” comment that did him in.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think the broadcasts are officially owned by the Oilers Radio Network though where 630 Ched has the broadcasting rights in the Edmonton region. Other stations outside Edmonton also carry games so 630 Ched wouldn't be correct for the other stations.

Oilers Radio Network

Good call. But anyone who is able to automatically go "Oilers Radio Network = 630CHED" is also able to know what station they're on.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad