Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Brodziak's coming out party. He was lights out tonight, every shift.
Koskinen was absolutely solid once again, the 2 on 1 glove save was magnifique. 2 of those 3 goals were just unlucky bounces, but he didn't let that phase him or ruin his momentum. I hope he starts more consistently now, battle Talbot for that starter, very healthy competition

2 McPoints, Larsson was a block shotting beast, Benning actually had a decent game
1 pt away from Division lead, keep er goin boys

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Minus the PP time.. Chiasson needs to be on the top PP unit instead of Lucic.
or Nuge the PP needs trhat right shot from left side much more net to shoot at , Nuge should be On half boards on 2nd unit

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
RUx5EbI.gif

That WingSpan on Kosko. Wow.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Man this team is going to be good when McDavid is back to 100%. Quiet/poor game from Draisaitl. Excellent game from Khaira and the fourth line. Much better game from Puljujarvi. Benning continues to look better. Strome still sucks.

Oops, Draisaitl didn't get a point. Time to bash him again.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
My expectations for the two are vastly different at this point. Do you think Drai had a particularly good game, or JP had a particularly bad one?

How did Drai have a bad game? Because he went pointless? He set up multiple opportunities and none of them worked out. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Still ended up on the plus side of things, which, according to some of the stats experts on here, is a good thing.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Man this team is going to be good when McDavid is back to 100%. Quiet/poor game from Draisaitl. Excellent game from Khaira and the fourth line. Much better game from Puljujarvi. Benning continues to look better. Strome still sucks.
Draisaitl had a strong game and was setting up chances all night. Rieder just couldn't finish.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
There's no doubt about that. Swap in Yam or Marody for a game?
Why doesn't Lucic ever get benched? It'd because of his salary and it would be an embarrassment to Chia. If they did the right thing the team would be winning been more. This is the hidden cancer within the team. Luckily they win in spite of this.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Why doesn't Lucic ever get benched? It'd because of his salary and it would be an embarrassment to Chia. If they did the right thing the team would be winning been more. This is the hidden cancer within the team. Luckily they win in spite of this.
I dont think he's a "cancer", and I dont see why we would bench him. He is a good 3rd line player that should not be on the PP. Ryan Strome needs to step it up a lot, pretty much everyone else who weren't producing has done so, our 3rd line center needs to be better. He hasn't helped out Lucic or any other winger on the 3rd line.

I think McLellan feels pressure to play Lucic in certain spots because of his contract (such as PP) .... he shouldn't.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Didn’t we hear all summer how his lateral movement is terrible, how is glove hand is weak and he only had good stats because the KHL lied about the stats so Putin’s stacked team could look better than they were?

Looks pretty damn good so far this season.

I haven’t seen his KHL games but I thought in the Nashville game his lateral movement was the only thing worth critique. It could be he’s just getting warmed up and there’s more where this save came from. I’ve been looking into getting a new avy lately, Koskinen seems like a good candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad