Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Why doesn't Lucic ever get benched? It'd because of his salary and it would be an embarrassment to Chia. If they did the right thing the team would be winning been more. This is the hidden cancer within the team. Luckily they win in spite of this.
It's a mystery.

As I expected, the club is better this year, but I wish that Chiarelli had found a way to send Lucic packing last season and keep Maroon.

By the way, let's keep playing Koskinen. He looks good, and the team has confidence with him now. Talbot needs a time-out.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Draisaitl had a strong game and was setting up chances all night. Rieder just couldn't finish.

Yeah, only caught the NHL 8 min highlight package but even that includes Drai stripping players in our zone to break out Rieder for a beauty breakaway and some absurd chances which end up going off the post. Seemed like a really strong outing that at least nets one goal for his line most nights.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, only caught the NHL 8 min highlight package but even that includes Drai stripping players in our zone to break out Rieder for a beauty breakaway and some absurd chances which end up going off the post. Seemed like a really strong outing that at least nets one goal for his line most nights.
Drai has been a beast the last 5+ games.

He was really good tonight aswell, and I agree, on most nights he gets atleast a point from his level of play.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Despite those iffy goals that went in, I feel like Koskinen has shown more raw skill than Talbot. I've noticed a few times that he makes saves that Talbot probably wouldn't have, even if the sole reason is that his size covers more net.
I feel like it would be easier to clean up his game to prevent those weaker goals in than for Talbot to just get better.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Despite those iffy goals that went in, I feel like Koskinen has shown more raw skill than Talbot. I've noticed a few times that he makes saves that Talbot probably wouldn't have, even if the sole reason is that his size covers more net.
I feel like it would be easier to clean up his game to prevent those weaker goals in than for Talbot to just get better.

It could be that he's in a good shape, and Talbot maybe isn't quite 100%. Even if a goalie says he wants to play 82 games it doesn't mean they are actually feeling great. I think it's impossible to play as much as Talbot has without picking up a lot of small injury baggage along the way, and a few months over the summer might not be enough to get back to full health. Talbot should actually be able to play better with a second goalie who can pick up the slack.

Reactions: Aerrol and harpoon

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Actually
Calgary is 3rd
Toronto is 5th
Vancouver is 6th
Edmonton is 7th
Winnipeg is 9th
Montreal is 14th

Strong showing from Canadian teams. Who would have thought Winnipeg would be the 2nd worst of them.
Actually

At the time he posted he was correct.

Shall I correct you tomorrow? ;)

Reactions: BleedingOil

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
It's a mystery.

As I expected, the club is better this year, but I wish that Chiarelli had found a way to send Lucic packing last season and keep Maroon.

By the way, let's keep playing Koskinen. He looks good, and the team has confidence with him now. Talbot needs a time-out.

Maroon no Lucic would be fantastic!

Maroon in RNH spot on the top line and RNH centring the third of Caggiula / Rattie and Yamamoto / Marody.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Actually
Calgary is 3rd
Toronto is 5th
Vancouver is 6th
Edmonton is 7th
Winnipeg is 9th
Montreal is 14th

Strong showing from Canadian teams. Who would have thought Winnipeg would be the 2nd worst of them. Heck who would have thought Montreal would be out of the bottom 3!

When Alberta forgets about Ottawa after Ottawa forgets about Alberta

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Are the end boards in Detroit even legal?

Are there any league checks in place that regulate what boards must do?

The Wings kept shooting at certain areas of the end boards.

Reactions: McDrai

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Lines 1, 2, and 4 showing a lot of chemistry. Line 3 is going to need some repair. Personally I would try out Rattie (once healthy) and Marody in place for Puljujarvi and Strome.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Oilers Flames and Coyotes are going to run the division. Goal differential tells the story (Flames have that 9-1 loss in their goal differential).

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I didn’t watch the entire game, but:

-4th line looked great
-I thought Drai and McDavid had mediocre games (crazy that McD still gets 2 points even when he’s not playing great)
-Reider looked off
-JP needs some AHL time
-Really liking Caggiula right now
-Klefbom has looked really good in every game I’ve watched
-can’t believe the crazy bounces off the boards at Joe Louis, was happening all game. Also seemed the ice was subpar (lots of players losing edges, bouncing pucks, etc.)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It could be that he's in a good shape, and Talbot maybe isn't quite 100%. Even if a goalie says he wants to play 82 games it doesn't mean they are actually feeling great. I think it's impossible to play as much as Talbot has without picking up a lot of small injury baggage along the way, and a few months over the summer might not be enough to get back to full health. Talbot should actually be able to play better with a second goalie who can pick up the slack.

I’m not buying this. Talbot has had one season in his entire career where he’s had what could be considered a heavy workload.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
yes that's what i mean. trotz is a proven great coach especially in the reg season. who would have thought isle minus tavares would being doing this well. trotz is a heck of a coach.
Yes, I know. I was agreeing with you for once. Just wanted to point out who had the GWG in case you’d missed it. :)

duul

Jun 21, 2010
McDavid with 18 minutes of ice time last night. Pretty sure he's still got the flu or something. He hasn't had that tenacity he usually does the past week or more. Hopefully he gets back up to speed. He still manages to sit at a 132 point pace though, so who can really complain?

The crazy part is, it's completely sustainable.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
McDavid with 18 minutes of ice time last night. Pretty sure he's still got the flu or something. He hasn't had that tenacity he usually does the past week or more. Hopefully he gets back up to speed. He still manages to sit at a 132 point pace though, so who can really complain?

The crazy part is, it's completely sustainable.

He hasn't quite been as dominant in the last two games, so I could totally see him being under the weather a bit.

I do think part of his ice-time being reduced is the Oilers being ahead for literally the whole game while the fourth line was dominant and Todd could keep going to them to get o-zone momentum.

Reactions: motoronoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad