Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I don't disagree the AHL is best for Pulju and Yamamoto. And Marody too for that matter.

But we don't have any extra forwards if all three are down.

That's true. Some people might be opposed to this, but I wouldn't be opposed to calling up a guy like Malone as our extra forward. That or claiming a guy like Walker off of waivers.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I think it is wrong to say the 3rd line is bad, since that would imply a state of existence. Instead, I believe they have manufactured a null reality where good/bad, light/dark, plus/minus does not exist. Nothing is equal to anything in their world, including the world itself.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That's true. Some people might be opposed to this, but I wouldn't be opposed to calling up a guy like Malone as our extra forward. That or claiming a guy like Walker off of waivers.

Not opposed at all. Prospects need to play. Guys like Malone or Currie should be the extra forward.

Reactions: RegDunlop and ujju2

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think it is wrong to say the 3rd line is bad, since that would imply a state of existence. Instead, I believe they have manufactured a null reality where good/bad, light/dark, plus/minus does not exist. Nothing is equal to anything in their world, including the world itself.

They have reached ultimate zen and are one with the universe.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
That was my first live game in a couple years and was extremely enjoyable. Boys came out with a purpose from the moment the game started and continued throughout. I remember turning to my red wing buddy with 6 minutes left in the game, Oilers up by 2, and we both noted how hard the Oilers were still pressing at that point. Great to see. Play defense in the offensive zone.

What I didn't like though is that the red wings had no place in that game. Ya they got some lucky goals, but with 90s left, they still had a chance to steal one or more points. We really need to bury these teams earlier.

That whole area in Detroit where this arena, Comerica park and Ford field are located...WOW they did a really good job there. We arrived at Little Ceasar's early enough to grab a meal and some drinks and it's a great place to watch a hockey game. Def a little expensive, but you can spend a good 6 hours there and really enjoy yourself. These new arena's are not just about the 2.5hour hockey game anymore, and they shouldn't be. I imagine similar in Edmonton at Rogers place. But not sure if you could see on TV how many empty seats there were. And it's not just the lower bowl, it's the entire arena. Pretty sad that a sold out game had so many missing in attendance.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Great effort from all the lines, especially the fourth. The breakouts from the defense and centres have been better as well. The Oilers are really playing as a team at this point. They played primarily defensively and tight-checking again.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I'm a long time Oiler fan, moved from Edmonton to London On 6 years ago and saw the Oilers Wings game live. It was my first Oiler game since living in Edmonton and my first time seeing McDavid live. Great Arena, we met some very nice Red Wing fans and we had a pretty good time.

Kind of a boring game though, was exciting that they scored 12 seconds in but a pretty uneventful game overall. Good road win for the Oilers and I didn't realize McDavid was sick. He had a very quiet two points without really doing too much, was still nice to see him live though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad