Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Jets 1

Gambl0r83*

The injury list is going off the friggin' page
Jesus, now literally our only legit d-man not named Klefbom is out now too. On the weakest d-core in the league.
#OilersCureIsReal

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
So...is anyone else worried about Nurse? He has absolutely no confidence right now. I know he's a rookie but he's being asked to do way more than he can handle.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
well he's injured not dead. He'll be here next season when games start to matter again.

Maybe Klefbom will be back soon, but it does seem odd that we will NEVER have a healthy lineup this entire season, and I'm only talking about key pieces like McDavid, Eberle, Klefbom, Davidson, and RNH.

Basically that is the way I am looking at it as well. People are on here calling for Buff's head. There wasn't anything dirty on the play. I have come to the point that we will never see the whole team together. Just be happy we found a dman in Davidson and he will be back next year with 2 more dman acquired in trades

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I only watched the 3rd, but I was gutted when I heard Davidson got injured.

We are cursed.

No other words to explain it. I feel like we could have an All-Star team and half of them would have major injuries.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not mad at Buf for the injury to Davidson, but its annoying how many late and questionable hits he gets away with in a game. Lays out McDavid well after he dumps the puck and is headed for a line change.

Anyways, back to Davidson. Really sad loss. It may sound weird because he's not super flashy, but he's been my 2nd favourite player to watch the last few months. His steadiness and calmness are just so beautiful to watch, and his progression has been simply amazing. Get well soon Davy, this guys a top 4 D man whether some posters like to admit it or not.

On a side note, Fayne really has been fairly solid of late playing with Sekera. If they acquire 2 top 4 D this offseason they could honestly keep Nurse in the AHL to start the year and run

Klef-XX
Davidson-XX
Sekera-Fayne

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Typical. Oilers win and it's the yak sucks PGT. Wonder how the night goes if Connor buries the breakaway yak sent him in on early.

Lol pretty much. He had a good first period and a half and didnt deserve the demotion imo. If Connor scores on the nice breakaway pass, and Yak scores one of those 2 chances he had alone in the slot on the same shift then the Yak haters would be in hiding.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hate to be a wet blanket, but do we win 3 more games this year without Davidson/Klefbom? We are down to one legit NHL defenseman...

I'll say yes, because of Cambot. If we see Klefbom back around the same time as Nuge, then I think we could go around .500 the rest of the year, maybe better if he's not looking rusty.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
So...is anyone else worried about Nurse? He has absolutely no confidence right now. I know he's a rookie but he's being asked to do way more than he can handle.

NO!!!!
Look who his partners are most nights. The guy does not have a mentor on this team and we have the worst D in the league. He will probably take a bit more time to develop just because of how terrible our D is. Time to stop running prospects out of town without giving them a fair shake.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I'm not mad at Buf for the injury to Davidson, but its annoying how many late and questionable hits he gets away with in a game. Lays out McDavid well after he dumps the puck and is headed for a line change.

Anyways, back to Davidson. Really sad loss. It may sound weird because he's not super flashy, but he's been my 2nd favourite player to watch the last few months. His steadiness and calmness are just so beautiful to watch, and his progression has been simply amazing. Get well soon Davy, this guys a top 4 D man whether some posters like to admit it or not.

On a side note, Fayne really has been fairly solid of late playing with Sekera. If they acquire 2 top 4 D this offseason they could honestly keep Nurse in the AHL to start the year and run

Klef-XX
Davidson-XX
Sekera-Fayne

This is why fans like me don't want Nurse traded - he will BE that player.
Hamonic or any of these coveted players won't do that for you.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Lol pretty much. He had a good first period and a half and didnt deserve the demotion imo. If Connor scores on the nice breakaway pass, and Yak scores one of those 2 chances he had alone in the slot on the same shift then the Yak haters would be in hiding.

If I'm McLellan, I'm reminding Yak that splitting the line isn't a demotion, it's asking him to carry the third line offensively as we split up our offense to try and evade the Jets line matching. I thought Yak did well doing that, though I would have liked to see him pot one of the chances he created.

I think it'd ease some of our collective angst on here if we discussed it the same way. I have no issues with switching between the two configurations as a way to move between an offensive push and slightly more reliable hockey. I'm happy as long as Yak is getting some time up there.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If I'm McLellan, I'm reminding Yak that splitting the line isn't a demotion, it's asking him to carry the third line offensively as we split up our offense to try and evade the Jets line matching. I thought Yak did well doing that, though I would have liked to see him pot one of the chances he created.

I think it'd ease some of our collective angst on here if we discussed it the same way. I have no issues with switching between the two configurations as a way to move between an offensive push and slightly more reliable hockey. I'm happy as long as Yak is getting some time up there.

I guess I just didn't understand why Eberle, who killed the play all night for McDavid's line wasn't asked to go carry a line on his own. Yak didn't bury his chances, but he was involved in 3 high danger scoring chances in the first period and a half, just unlucky I guess that none of them went in.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I'm a Yak fan and I want him gone. I can't stand the short leash he's given in this organization. He created all night, makes a couple mistakes and is relegated to the 4th line. Every other player, Hall included is given tons of room to make mistakes. We just demote the kid. Had enough. Trade Yakupov, it's time he blew up somewhere else and plays with confidence.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Came to ask what others thought too... I have been cringing a lot lately when he is on the ice. Has been struggling for a while, but there is no other option really.

Talbot was once again unreal last night. Has won the Oils a lot of games and has kept them in a lot of games. Honestly I thought Jets should have won but I give all credit to Talbot.

Also its so strange to me how some games Oilers are such a fun and exciting team to watch offensively, but then a lot of games are a complete snoozefest!!!... I love Oilers and Jets youth and was hoping for a fun game, but majority of game I was bored out of my mind.

Either way, a win is a win and Talbot gets all the credit with this one. Seems like some games you just know he isn't letting anything in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad