Pre-Game Talk: Oil at Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The writing is on the wall. Pulju’s emergence has added him to the “must protect” list, which limits their ability to protect Jones, especially given the emergence of Lagesson and even Larsson’s resurgence.

3D to me is Nurse-Bear and not sure who. Larsson, Barrie are UFA's. Klefbom won't be taken and shouldn't be protected. Lagesson, Jones are fighting for the 3rd spot assuming any signings are to wait post expansion. It also needs to be said that the price to pay for them to not select Lagesson if he was exposed is unlikely to be massive. Who knows what will happen from now till then as there's still a ton of hockey and potential trades that could happen. He's 23 and has struggled on the PK, that doesn't mean they don't value him. Practice and player development is a thing, the team could easily be having him focus on areas of improvement. Tippett gets the most out of everyone usually and that tends to be the result of things we don't see. I don't think they are as fatalist as you.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
3D to me is Nurse-Bear and not sure who. Larsson, Barrie are UFA's. Klefbom won't be taken and shouldn't be protected. Lagesson, Jones are fighting for the 3rd spot assuming any signings are to wait post expansion. It also needs to be said that the price to pay for them to not select Lagesson if he was exposed is unlikely to be massive. Who knows what will happen from now till then as there's still a ton of hockey and potential trades that could happen. He's 23 and has struggled on the PK, that doesn't mean they don't value him. Practice and player development is a thing, the team could easily be. Tippett gets the most out of everyone usually and that tends to be the result of things we don't see. I don't think they are as fatalist as you.
Give us the flexibilty of adding another Dman, goalie and even a forward from a team struggling to keep all its players protected.
Ekholm an example again or a team with 2 starting goalies

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Give us the flexibilty of adding another Dman, goalie and even a forward from a team struggling to keep all its players protected.
Ekholm an example again or a team with 2 starting goalies

Cheap capable dmen like Jones and Lagesson have value, especially in this cap crunch. I don't know if I'd be too quick to undervalue them. In saying that you can only lose one and the cavalry is coming. Perhaps you're right and a deal for a 2LD would make sense, even if they end up dealing him post expansion. Never looked at it like that. I'd still ensure that if I was divesting myself of assets that goalie and 3C were my chief additions as although a really good LD could make a huge impact at some point the young players need to be given chances to thrive.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Toronto with a pair of wins would be great. Matthews going cold for a couple games and letting their depth charge the sinking ship flamer would be better
Toronto winning 1-0 twice where Kerfoot and Vesey get unassisted goals would be ideal.

That'd almost be has nice as the Oilers blowing the Canucks out tomorrow. Almost.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
As an Oiler fan in Northern Ontario, I am an equal opportunist. I hate the Leafs and Flames the same amount. I don't care who wins the other contender games as long as they are regulation games and not OT games. As long as Wpg, Tor, Mtl, and Cgy lose in regulation, I am good with it.

where at in Northern Ontario. Been thru every part of it and I have friends in Cochrane

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This is almost a good problem to have, before we were gonna have too many protection slots and not enough players worth protecting.
I hope Holland capitalizes on it and trades for some solid guys for cheap because their teams were going to lose them anyways.

Does Yamamoto need to be protected? He is still on an ELC so he gets a pass right?

McDavid, RNH, Drai and JP are the only 4 forwards worth a slot, everyone else is expendable to one degree or another. Holland should make a move for a defenseman

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
@Ginger Papa are you ready to make your treachery against HFNucks complete and join us on this one as you've been along for the ride with us for this winning streak? :)

Jokes aside, those Canucks reverse retros are great.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Been a minute since we've had a game where both Connor and Leon feast together but this back to back set would be a perfect time for both of them to create some more separation from the pretenders out East.

Although if they want to save a little bit to put the dressed up duo in their place during the 3 game set with the Leafs, that would be excellent too.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Should almost have a blog on this

our defence has looked pretty good recently. It must be because I read much of the PGT on here after games and it has been mostly positive. Usually is when we r winning. In saying that, what does everyone think going forward?

Nurse - a must to resign
Barrie - pass mark for me. I’m liking his cannon from the point and his puck carrying ability. Hopefully he can be signed reasonably

Larsson - I’m a Larsson fan. I like what he brings. UFA at years end. I wouldn’t object to bringing him back on a friendly deal
Lagesson- I like this guy. Cheaper version of Larsson and basically plays the same

Bear - injured but pass mark for me
Bouchard - a keeper. Best is yet to come

Jones- has regressed but looked good last year
Russell - time is ticking but he is a soldier I must say
Klefbom- not sure what to say. I have a messed up shoulder now since October. Great Dman when healthy. Not healthy too much

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I hope Holland capitalizes on it and trades for some solid guys for cheap because their teams were going to lose them anyways.

Does Yamamoto need to be protected? He is still on an ELC so he gets a pass right?

McDavid, RNH, Drai and JP are the only 4 forwards worth a slot, everyone else is expendable to one degree or another. Holland should make a move for a defenseman

Edmonton Oilers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Yama is on ELC

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Ginger Papa are you ready to make your treachery against HFNucks complete and join us on this one as you've been along for the ride with us for this winning streak? :)

Jokes aside, those Canucks reverse retros are great.
Lol, I’ll definitely be over to check out @5 Mins 4 Ftg ‘ s GDT and enjoy the pre-game banter.

It looks like I’ll be doing the GDT for our side, but I don’t have the skills that your crew brings.

That said, I’ll use my GIF’s and Memes to cheer up my crew during our rough patch and continue through the GDT.
57BEB421-6271-49F4-9819-DAD77AF8BE61.jpeg

4A918A1B-289A-4F28-9016-01507B15D3BC.jpeg

Back to the Oilers, I’m really impressed to see you climb back into the League top 5, even with the same goaltending tandem. Hopefully Mr. Holland is able to work something out near the deadline to bring in a true #1 for the Playoffs.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol, I’ll definitely be over to check out @5 Mins 4 Ftg ‘ s GDT and enjoy the pre-game banter.

It looks like I’ll be doing the GDT for our side, but I don’t have the skills that your crew bring.

That said, I’ll use my GIF’s and Memes to cheer up my crew during our rough patch and continue through the GDT.
View attachment 399263
View attachment 399264
Back to the Oilers, I’m really impressed to see you climb back into the League top 5, even with the same goaltending tandem. Hopefully Mr. Holland is able to work something out near the deadline to bring in a true #1 for the Playoffs.

Pop by whenever, and I'm sure your GDT will be fantastic. It'll give people a good laugh, which given the state of the world right now, laughter is a highly prized commodity.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

It looks like I’ll be doing the GDT for our side, but I don’t have the skills that your crew brings.

View attachment 399263
View attachment 399264

I’m starting on scene 5 - should be up before I hit the sack late tonight - but I want to see the Flames lose again tonight first.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

No, it's based on pro years/games. Jones and Lagesson are soon eligible to be drafted by Seattle.

Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

upload_2021-2-22_19-39-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad