Pre-Game Talk: Oil at Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I’m cheering for the Flames tonight!!!!!

YA, that’s right!!!! I said it!!!!!!!!!

Yeah me too. No points for the leafs ballerinas.

This is how you develop bad kharma. No matter how attractive it might look from an initial glance, it is never, ever proper to cheer for those Lame's. Cheering for their destruction is always the correct answer.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Any rules about that guy being injured the past year? I don't think the Oilers need to protect Klefbom anymore. I'd let him go after this year.

Not easy to find defenders who give you 1st pair services for 4.1 m a year!

Would be stupid to let Klefbomb go when we have him for 2 seasons more at 4,1 after this one, been our best D totally his years with Oilers.

He was a stud in our little playoff run a couple of years ago(Larsson too, but people easy forget)!

Nurse have been good this year, Larsson has geared up recently and has nursed Lagesson pretty good.

Those 2 is our most important pieces on D going into a playoff, their toughness and their ability to handle toughest opposition pk is a must to go anywhere in a playoff.

/Cheers

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I hope it's nothing that leads to anything worse, but it is a sigh of relief that something is nagging Drai. It has been for a while. He doesn't get eaten up at evens like he has been a lot of games. You could just see something is off with him. Guy still racks up points too lol.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Mine are since October. I can’t even shoot darts. Waiting for a MRI. I figure something torn or bone spur. It’s a kick in the nuts ffs

My is related to bone spurs and nerve impingement . A hit a run car accident in Calgary at the corner of 64 ave NE and the south exit to Barlow trail . Idiot hit me in my convertible Mustang in a old shit van and took off . 14 years ago and I never been the same .

Reactions: bellagiobob

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Not easy to find defenders who give you 1st pair services for 4.1 m a year!

Would be stupid to let Klefbomb go when we have him for 2 seasons more at 4,1 after this one, been our best D totally his years with Oilers.

He was a stud in our little playoff run a couple of years ago(Larsson too, but people easy forget)!

Nurse have been good this year, Larsson has geared up recently and has nursed Lagesson pretty good.

Those 2 is our most important pieces on D going into a playoff, their toughness and their ability to handle toughest opposition pk is a must to go anywhere in a playoff.

/Cheers

Well it's almost March and Klef hasn't had the surgery. Looks unlikely that he would be ready for the start of next TC even if the surgery did work and even if he did want to return. His earliest return might be Jan 2022 but Sept 2022 might be more realistic. No need to protect him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is how you develop bad kharma. No matter how attractive it might look from an initial glance, it is never, ever proper to cheer for those Lame's. Cheering for their destruction is always the correct answer.

Thank you for reading from the correct play book. Thou shalt should have been in there somewhere.

Thou shalt NEVER cheer for the flames in ANY game lest the abomination occur.

This is a Monday made worse with a Flames win. Although at least it keeps them floundering along with same coaching.

Reactions: yukoner88

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers always seem to have an emotional letdown after a big win against the Flames....let's hope it's different this time

tbh I think the Oilers actually have trouble getting up for games against the flames. It takes them a game each time for them to even develop a decent dislike for them. Flames hate the Oilers, the Oilers are indifferent. The Oilers get up for clubs like Toronto, Montreal. Somehow they are up more for the eastern clubs. Its something they have to figure out. For instance how to manufacture enough intensity to get a 2 set from the Nucks.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Well it's almost March and Klef hasn't had the surgery. Looks unlikely that he would be ready for the start of next TC even if the surgery did work and even if he did want to return. His earliest return might be Jan 2022 but Sept 2022 might be more realistic. No need to protect him.

He has played with shoulder pains for years, dont even know if there are a big surgery, dont think they know that yet, hes already getting better not playing this season.

When he gets the options from his doctors, he probably retires if it takes to long to come back. Think we get the answer before the draft.

If hes prognoze is good, he will be taken in the draft! Surely they will protect him then.

Play next season or retire, think Klefbom self knows that you dont coming back after sitting 2 years.

Forsberg 21 foot problems and all his come backs was a good lesson for many other especially Swedish players!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
tbh I think the Oilers actually have trouble getting up for games against the flames. It takes them a game each time for them to even develop a decent dislike for them. Flames hate the Oilers, the Oilers are indifferent. The Oilers get up for clubs like Toronto, Montreal. Somehow they are up more for the eastern clubs. Its something they have to figure out. For instance how to manufacture enough intensity to get a 2 set from the Nucks.
well after last year's emotional game against the Flames where they won 8-3, they laid an absolute egg against the Yotes the next game
Edmonton Oilers - Arizona Coyotes - February 4th, 2020

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Second in league in goals for per game.

Screenshot_20210222-223513_NHL.jpg

Look at those goals against for TB though.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Go 7-3. Protect Nurse, Bear Laggeson. Forwards, McDavid, Drai, Yams, Pool, Arch, ??.?? No need to protect any UFA's. If they want to sign here let them do it after the expansion draft.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
When going east/south on the trans-canada highway, there is a left hand turn to make there right after crossing a set of train tracks, and the traffic lights at that intersection are absolute bullshit.

Your city needs a true truck by-pass lol

Last comment on the geography of SSM is that the bypass will likely never happen any more than it has. South is of course USA,east is Lake Superior and respectfully, reservations east/northeast make land acquisition or at least agreements all but impossible. There is a bypass east of the city, but you are pretty much already outside of the city....don't ask...

Back to Oiler related stuff, got thinking and the Soo has treated the Oilers fairly well at times in it's history. Gretzky, Coffey, Beukeboom and Nurse are the notable ones. Lesser notable are Steve Graves, Ralph Intranuovo, Dan Currie... You hit on some, you miss on some. I remember seeing them all live, not to date myself or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad