Pre-Game Talk: Oil at Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
No, it's based on pro years/games. Jones and Lagesson are soon eligible to be drafted by Seattle.

Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

View attachment 399291
The GR on CapFriendly’s page is to do with the requirement to expose 2 forwards and 1 dman with a certain number of NHL games played over the last two years so they’re not left picking from career AHLers. It doesn’t have anything to do with eligibility to be exposed. Even if those guys didn’t play another game this year they’d still be eligible to be picked.

Reactions: Samus44 and voxel

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Should almost have a blog on this

our defence has looked pretty good recently. It must be because I read much of the PGT on here after games and it has been mostly positive. Usually is when we r winning. In saying that, what does everyone think going forward?

Nurse - a must to resign
Barrie - pass mark for me. I’m liking his cannon from the point and his puck carrying ability. Hopefully he can be signed reasonably

Larsson - I’m a Larsson fan. I like what he brings. UFA at years end. I wouldn’t object to bringing him back on a friendly deal
Lagesson- I like this guy. Cheaper version of Larsson and basically plays the same

Bear - injured but pass mark for me
Bouchard - a keeper. Best is yet to come

Jones- has regressed but looked good last year
Russell - time is ticking but he is a soldier I must say
Klefbom- not sure what to say. I have a messed up shoulder now since October. Great Dman when healthy. Not healthy too much

Like Klefbom I have a bad shoulder and I am lucky to sleep for more then a couple of hours with out waking up in pain . I can barely put my right arm above my head . Its bad . I can totally relate to him not being able to play with his kids . I wish him all the luck in the world but I doubt he will return . my shoulder issues have been going on for years .

Reactions: RattsSSV

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
3D to me is Nurse-Bear and not sure who. Larsson, Barrie are UFA's. Klefbom won't be taken and shouldn't be protected. Lagesson, Jones are fighting for the 3rd spot assuming any signings are to wait post expansion. It also needs to be said that the price to pay for them to not select Lagesson if he was exposed is unlikely to be massive. Who knows what will happen from now till then as there's still a ton of hockey and potential trades that could happen. He's 23 and has struggled on the PK, that doesn't mean they don't value him. Practice and player development is a thing, the team could easily be having him focus on areas of improvement. Tippett gets the most out of everyone usually and that tends to be the result of things we don't see. I don't think they are as fatalist as you.

I'm not being fatalistic, just being realistic.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Like Klefbom I have a bad shoulder and I am lucky to sleep for more then a couple of hours with out waking up in pain . I can barely put my right arm above my head . Its bad . I can totally relate to him not being able to play with his kids . I wish him all the luck in the world but I doubt he will return . my shoulder issues have been going on for years .

Mine are since October. I can’t even shoot darts. Waiting for a MRI. I figure something torn or bone spur. It’s a kick in the nuts ffs

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm not being fatalistic, just being realistic.

Jones has shown some real game at times at the NHL level and 7 games ago the org. was high on him. It's still very possible he, after some hard work in practice, rediscovers the promise that had the org. high on him literally 7 games ago. Or something could completely change. I will say this I could see him dealt, not because the org. is down on him, but simply because he's an asset in an area of strength.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Your comment that "the writing is already on the wall" is literally suggesting the outcome is already determined. It is not "realistic" to insinuate certainty in regard to the objectively unknown.

Jones has shown some real game at times at the NHL level and 7 games ago the org. was high on him. It's still very possible he, after some hard work in practice, rediscovers the promise that had the org. high on him literally 7 games ago. Or something could completely change. I will say this I could see him dealt, not because the org. is down on him, but simply because he's an asset in an area of strength.

The writing is on the wall because of a confluence of other factors.

Reactions: Samus44

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Part of the injury pain, if its endless, and from what you describe can be nerve related pain. I used to get spasms in this area that wouldn't release. Extremely painful. I'd have to get up, walk around put arms and neck in different positions. Finally found some back exercises that helped release the nerve spasms and I've taken Magnesium Citrate daily for years. Most people even middle age are magnesium depleted, moreso for active people. I NEVER get this pain anymore. PM if you're curious at all. I used to weight lift I don't do that anymore either. That helps too. But I still do lots of rehab, exercising,

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Still a long ways from expansion before we can figure out who we are protecting. Nuge and Barrie are going to be two big questions going forward in terms of a) whether we can actually afford to keep them or b) whether we sign them before hand or risk Seattle coming in with an offer they can't refuse.

In the meantime let's keep the winning train rolling tomorrow. Hoping for another big game from McDavid, but loving the depth scoring we're getting lately.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Cassie Campbell is a fool. An utter foolish child that hates the Oilers

I mean why would she even state this? she knows she does some of the Oilers telecasts. Seems like she's trolling this opinion out there. I mean she can think whatever she wants. Why make this contentious post just to inflame what she knows will obviously inflame.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Want to add that my mood has completely flipped after the past 10 or so games.

Had reasonably moderate expectations coming into the season but still pegged us as a playoff team. We came out of the gates flat and it was super disheartening. I was pretty close to giving up on the season.

Amazing what a few weeks can do. Hope the boys keep it up - they've earned the praise with their recent play.

Also 3 game win streaks seem to be our limit but hopefully that changes tomorrow.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lol, I’ll definitely be over to check out @5 Mins 4 Ftg ‘ s GDT and enjoy the pre-game banter.

It looks like I’ll be doing the GDT for our side, but I don’t have the skills that your crew brings.

That said, I’ll use my GIF’s and Memes to cheer up my crew during our rough patch and continue through the GDT.
View attachment 399263
View attachment 399264
Back to the Oilers, I’m really impressed to see you climb back into the League top 5, even with the same goaltending tandem. Hopefully Mr. Holland is able to work something out near the deadline to bring in a true #1 for the Playoffs.

I think you just need to convert to being a full-time Oilers fan. :nod: :naughty:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
The GR on CapFriendly’s page is to do with the requirement to expose 2 forwards and 1 dman with a certain number of NHL games played over the last two years so they’re not left picking from career AHLers. It doesn’t have anything to do with eligibility to be exposed. Even if those guys didn’t play another game this year they’d still be eligible to be picked.

Any rules about that guy being injured the past year? I don't think the Oilers need to protect Klefbom anymore. I'd let him go after this year.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

Cassie Campbell is a fool. An utter foolish child that hates the Oilers

Show us a video of anybody else that can stickhandle as fast as McDavid..

IBoLZVw.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not necessary ! Some injuries respond better to being worked .
Then he should have practiced ;)
The guy was out killing penalty in 3rd for no reason.

Huge 2 wins vs Flames considering they beat TML tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad