Pre-Game Talk: Oil at Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
If Drai's injured, that'd explain a lot recently... Hopefully it's nothing that could turn into something major.
I remember he took a puck to the face or something at the end of one of the Ottawa games .

Ever since then he’s been a little off .

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The writing is on the wall. Pulju’s emergence has added him to the “must protect” list, which limits their ability to protect Jones, especially given the emergence of Lagesson and even Larsson’s resurgence.
This is almost a good problem to have, before we were gonna have too many protection slots and not enough players worth protecting.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone know if they will be available after this year? It's the first I've really wanted since the black All Star Jersey a couple years back (got the McDavid one). Wanted to wait until the start of next season to decide on who to get.
I'm waiting to hear back from Struds if I can use his name:laugh:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If Draisaitl is banged up, wouldn't it be a good idea to sit him for a few games to monitor the condition and/or give him time to recover? With the way we've been playing lately, we haven't really needed him so he could use some rest.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If Draisaitl is banged up, wouldn't it be a good idea to sit him for a few games to monitor the condition and/or give him time to recover? With the way we've been playing lately, we haven't really needed him so he could use some rest.

Yep. A few days off is probably good for him.

JP McDavid Arch
Yam RNH Kahun
Haas Ennis Nygaard/Turris
Khaira Neal Chiasson

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Humiliation is the key :)

Its an easy cheer for TML for me. We dont need to win the division. TML can run the board as long as they dont have a winning record against us.

CGY still has games in hands and can easily get back in the mix if they beat TML. A whole lot of Sens is coming up for them.

Also, no way Russell is getting scratched next game after his play vs Flames.

Yeah, you want to see the Flames, broken, beaten and scarred going into their 5 out of 6 and 7 out of 14 stretch against Ottawa. If they are still a fragile team going in, and lose one of the first two games, Ottawa could take a lot more of those games than if they are confident and clicking.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTIR

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I was hoping they put Bear back with Nurse but I also have always liked the thought of a Jones-Bear pairing, I think they will do well together. Going to be interesting who they leave out when everyone is back to 100% (except KK)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His one timer that is usually lethal off the wall has been off lately, he's either fanning on it or missing entirely. Could have something to do with it.
For sure, his mechanics are off. Would be hard to pinpoint where the injury is from that, and could be anything, as Drai like most hard shooters uses his whole body in leveraging. If anything is off it throws it all off. Just like any injury, really anywhere in the body, impacts a Tennis players serve. Something is off. Not serious enough to keep him out of games but given the missing pratices its obviously something he's working through.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I was hoping they put Bear back with Nurse but I also have always liked the thought of a Jones-Bear pairing, I think they will do well together. Going to be interesting who they leave out when everyone is back to 100% (except KK)
God I hope we dont see Jones Bear pairing.

They were put together for 5 shifts earlier in the year and had 2 goals against. Yuck of a pairing

Reactions: gordonhught

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
This is almost a good problem to have, before we were gonna have too many protection slots and not enough players worth protecting.

Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Pulju
Yams
Archi
Kass?

Nurse
Barrie (UFA if resigned)
Klef (if needed?)

Bouchard obviously slots in if either of these two aren't required and he is.

Koski?

Are any of Bouch, Yams, Benson exempt?

Leaves Khaira, Jones, and Laggy exposed.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Pulju
Yams
Archi
Kass?

Nurse
Barrie (UFA if resigned)
Klef (if needed?)

Koski?

Bouchard is exempt, Yams and Benson need protecting.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Pulju
Yams
Archi
Kass?

Nurse
Barrie (UFA if resigned)
Klef (if needed?)

Koski?

First and second year players don’t need to be protected, as well as prospects so no need to worry about Bouchard and Benson.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Pulju
Yams
Archi
Kass?

Nurse
Barrie (UFA if resigned)
Klef (if needed?)

Koski?

You’re forgetting Bear.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
You’re forgetting Bear.

Ah right. I have a feeling Klef is either done or won't need protecting due to injury status. If so i swap him in for Klef.

I'd like to see Barrie come back but still not sure what will happen there. Lots of moving parts on this team/list right now.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Ah right. I have a feeling Klef is either done or won't need protecting due to injury status. If so i swap him in for Klef.

I'd like to see Barrie come back but still not sure what will happen there. Lots of moving parts on this team/list right now.
I think both Barrie and Larsson wouldn’t be resigned prior to the expansion draft even if we wanted to bring either back. Nuge we’d sign ahead I’d think.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Nuge
Pully
Yamo

Nurse
Bear
Klef if healthy or one of Jones/Lagesson

Reactions: Cypress

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Forwards:
1. McDavid
2. Drai
3. Nuge
4. Pool
5. Yams
6/7: Kahun (RFA)/Kassian/Benson/Archibald

Def:
1. Nurse
2. Bear
3. Klefbom (If he ends up being exempt, then Jones or Lagesson)

Goalie:
1. Skinner... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad