Official Nick Bjugstad Appreciation Thread

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Unless I am reading it wrong, I think article says exactly the opposite...

You're reading it correctly.

"It doesn't appear that center Nick Bjugstad is going anywhere yet coach Peter Horachek hasn't told him to find a permanent living arraignment."

It's about as straightforward a passage as you will ever read.

651*

I hope Bjugstad goes beast mode for you guys the remainder of the year.

The goal the other night was pure goal scorer skill in fruition there.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flap...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Org has told Bjugs to find a more permanent residence in S. Fla. No surprise, but official he will stick with the team,

c37ea8a7b96aabcc1d4bb453a38c54e89bf0d79c14d87a33d077644d869bca6f_1.gif

haha thanks for nothing GR

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I hope Bjugstad goes beast mode for you guys the remainder of the year.

The goal the other night was pure goal scorer skill in fruition there.

I said it before in another thread...that goal against Howard was great! It showed his strength with the puck, the IQ to see his shot selection, and the hands to flip it near side over Howard's shoulder. What I want our other youngsters to take away from his play is his aggressiveness. He attacks the opposition, and puts the puck on net often. I cannot wait to see what kind of player he will be in a few years from now.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Course we all hope he produces like Thornton, Kopitar or Getzlaf, but I wouldn't mind if he produces like David Backes at the very least. That goal on Wednesday was just awesome. NB walked around the NHL's defensive poster child for the score. Loved the look on Howard's face and Datsyuk's face after he scored. Great to see Nick playing that way. I hope it's an "all the time" kind of thing and not just a "sometimes" thing.

Last edited:

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Have to agree and jumping on this bandwagon as well. I'll be the first to admit that after his first 11 games last year I was not expecting him to make such a big jump this year but like all of us, have been extremely impressed by him. What I also like about him is he does seem to enjoy the games and seems like a down to earth guy (at least he comes off that way on the interviews).

I am still hoping he can bulk up a little more and add more strength (he definitely has the frame for it) as long as it doesn't affect his skating speed/agility.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Have to agree and jumping on this bandwagon as well. I'll be the first to admit that after his first 11 games last year I was not expecting him to make such a big jump this year but like all of us, have been extremely impressed by him. What I also like about him is he does seem to enjoy the games and seems like a down to earth guy (at least he comes off that way on the interviews).

I am still hoping he can bulk up a little more and add more strength (he definitely has the frame for it) as long as it doesn't affect his skating speed/agility.

Far and away one of the best personalities in the Gopher locker room when he played for Minny.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Man, last night NB got better and better every shift. It was great to see.

He is getting better because he realizes that he cant be pushed around easily, even for his age, and that his overall size and reach is a major advantage to him. I think the only thing missing from that Huby-Bjugstad line is a sniper. Huby is the setup man, and Nick looks to be able to clean up the garbage, now all we need is that sniper that will take advantage of the space those two will create for him.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Even though Upshall has been playing better than before.. I would like to see him off that line, maybe put Matthias in there.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Even though Upshall has been playing better than before.. I would like to see him off that line, maybe put Matthias in there.

Grimaldi would really be the best possible player to add to that line in the future. With Huby's puck control, and Nicks size, Grimaldi will really have a lot of ice in the offensive zone, and would probably be less punishing for him, because of the attention Nick and Huby would get.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Grimaldi would really be the best possible player to add to that line in the future. With Huby's puck control, and Nicks size, Grimaldi will really have a lot of ice in the offensive zone, and would probably be less punishing for him, because of the attention Nick and Huby would get.

Yum. :yo:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He is getting better because he realizes that he cant be pushed around easily, even for his age, and that his overall size and reach is a major advantage to him. I think the only thing missing from that Huby-Bjugstad line is a sniper. Huby is the setup man, and Nick looks to be able to clean up the garbage, now all we need is that sniper that will take advantage of the space those two will create for him.

You stole the words from me.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

The tallest and shortest always belong together.

651*

I want him to score 40, 50 goals a years for you guys. Maybe a bit biased (I went to the U of M) but I think he has a great skill set.
]

Last edited by a moderator:

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Grimaldi
Kane - Barkov - Trocheck

That would one heck of a future top six for us.

one could only wish. i don't think people realize what we'd need to give up for kane. other teams would be willing to give up prospects. i don't see us doing that. it would have to start with flash and a 1st round pick. i'd rather try and see if they'd take our first next year. only cuz i believe our young guns will be much better next year and hopefully Tallon isn't handicap and can spend a few dollars on some free agents that will fit around these guys.

no way if i'm Tallon do i trade bjugstad hubby or barkov. all are young and yea aren't stars but you can see all the talent in the world to take that next step to be at least very good players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad