Official Nick Bjugstad Appreciation Thread

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I honestly think there's a big chance Bjugstad becomes as big a force on the offensive end as Chara on the defensive end.

There was one shift a few weeks ago where he just took the puck from one end of the ice, flew through/out muscled 5 players, and then got a half-breakaway (two guys were hooking him) shot on goal and almost scored.

It was like a flash into the future. When he's 27 years old playing against 20 year olds and 35 year olds he's going to be unstoppable.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
There was one shift a few weeks ago where he just took the puck from one end of the ice, flew through/out muscled 5 players, and then got a half-breakaway (two guys were hooking him) shot on goal and almost scored.

I remember that - it was like watching a truck pile through!!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I love when..

Bjugstad collides with another player and that guy goes flying

Bjugstad takes the puck hard to the net

Bjugstad shields the puck from the defender down low

Bjugstad gets gets on his horse in the neutral zone like a train coming through

Bjugstad cuts in into the middle and then lets a wrister go

#justBjugstadthings

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
And for the one poster that said Bjugstad is soft for a big man, I'm not sure if you've noticed but he has been getting quite chippy lately. He has not been taking peoples abuse.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
He's got a competitive mean streak that's the best kind. If you don't know what I mean, then just watch him closely next time he gets the puck stolen or checked hard. He comes back even harder almost every time.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Don't know why you brought this up...

It was a terrible, a miserable, a clueless call then... Why would it be any different after a couple of months ?

:help:

I was at that game right behind Berra. To me it looked different in person. From my angle it looked like nick skated right into him. My girlfriend asked me why he did it and I remember answering "because he's a panther".

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I was at that game right behind Berra. To me it looked different in person. From my angle it looked like nick skated right into him. My girlfriend asked me why he did it and I remember answering "because he's a panther".

At first, it seems like the ref was being a little nit-picky, but on second glance I feel like NB sort of forgot where he was and crashed into Berra who came out to challenge. NB didn't even try to shimmy out of the way and I'm also amazed he didn't stuff the puck home on that play. I kind of think the ref got it right but only because NB wasn't aware of his surroundings.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Hope he's our Mats Sundin

You know it's highly unlikely there will ever be another player as dominant as Mats Sundin was right?

Bjugstad will never be a "Mats Sundin". Hopefully he can be as good as Ryan Johansen and put up like a 30+30 season next year.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You know it's highly unlikely there will ever be another player as dominant as Mats Sundin was right?

Bjugstad will never be a "Mats Sundin". Hopefully he can be as good as Ryan Johansen and put up like a 30+30 season next year.

Ha laughable... He had the puck tried to make a move around the goalie who lunged out at him to poke check... This was an absolute joke of a call then and after watching it a slash was missed and a trip on the goalie could could have been called... It's even worse now than it was then

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver

:laugh: Correct.

Now if he could just do it sneakily like a Panther. Should have spent more time learning the tricks of an agitator from Kopy.

Anyone know anything about the status of #27?

Edit: last story on him I found is from the 24th by our friendly neighbourhood Fox Sports writer. Apparently he is doing pilates...

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Could this be a recurring back injury ? Any past history with the back ? This concerns me more than a common fan along with Barkov too. I love love our big centres down the middle but if back problems pop up every season or every other season moving forward it will not be a good precursor for the future of this team.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Could this be a recurring back injury ? Any past history with the back ? This concerns me more than a common fan along with Barkov too. I love love our big centres down the middle but if back problems pop up every season or every other season moving forward it will not be a good precursor for the future of this team.

I've never heard of Bjugstad having back problems before now. In college he missed a lot of time his freshmen year due to mono. In his first rookie camp tourney (the one where Bjugstad, Kucherov, Pastrnak and Forsberg dominated), he suffered a concussion, but recovered pretty quickly as he dressed for the Panthers weeks later and skipped his AHL debut.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Via an article on the Panthers website, Bjugstad says he is basically feeling 100% and feels he is game ready but is still taking it slowly.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Via an article on the Panthers website, Bjugstad says he is basically feeling 100% and feels he is game ready but is still taking it slowly.

Great to hear. No chance of rushing back if he's feeling ready to play this soon.

Now just stick Williams (or someone) on that RW and I'm liking his chances to break 50-55 pts if he stays healthy.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Sounds like NB is optmisitic about being 100% to start camp. I hope he's right; surgery is no joke. Offseason surgery hit Huberdeau pretty hard. We can't have anyone regressing next season. I expect at least 25-30 goals and 25-30 assists from Bjugy.

Mr. Minnesota hockey has to step up big for the Panthers next year. I bet he knows it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad