Official Nick Bjugstad Appreciation Thread

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hey guys,

I know at the start of the season alot of people pegged Bjugstad to spend the season in the AHL this year and then hopefully become the Cats #3 or maybe #2 Centerman of the future. Last night vs. the Canucks was the first time this season I have seen the Panthers play live on tv(hard to catch Panther games in Canada!) and I was wondering something... Was that a typical game for Bjugstad? Or was this one of his bettergames? Cause I honestly thought he was the best and most effective player not only on the Panthers,but also in the whole game. And it was obvious he coaches thought the same thing cause it seemed lke he was on the ice every other shift and in the dying seconds of the game and OT. I was VERY impressed. To me he didnt look like a#2 or #3 Centerman or even a AHL type player... He lookedlike easily the #1 Centerman and a complete stud. Great draft pick for you guys!!

Not sure why you thought he'd be a #3 maybe #2 for our future, Tallon always had him as a top two line guy. That's how he's been playing, it's been friggin awesome. I think some were a bit nervous because he wasn't this guy in his his 10 games last season and it looked like he needed time in the A, but he's come out playing well and keeps getting better.

The sad thing is, some people probably have no clue how he's been playing the last 10 games and still think he's "the next Brian Boyle". :shakehead

Lol, gotta love the 'experts.'

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The amount of area he covers is amazing. It seems like no puck is ever out of reach. I definitely thought he would be more of a shooter (has arguably the best shot on the team thanks to his uncle.) However, he looks to be able to set guys up as much as he can finish. Most impressive of all though are his hands. You'd think he was 5'11" the way he can skate with the puck.

I definitely had him pegged as a 2/3 center but now it looks like he might have #1 potential. Still VERY early but the types of things he's doing on the ice do not signal to me a guy who has been getting lucky. We've got ourselves legit talent here.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I have no doubt that ultimately Barkov will be the #1 center. He is that good already and just turned 18. For the reference there are currently only three players playing full-time in the entire NHL at the age of 18. It really is that rare.

But having said that, isn´t it an awesome situation to have a guy like Bjuggernaut at #2? The top 2 lines are looking really really good already, add one or two top 6 wingers (Trocheck&UFA?) to that and it´s going to be explosive.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I have no doubt that ultimately Barkov will be the #1 center. He is that good already and just turned 18. For the reference there are currently only three players playing full-time in the entire NHL at the age of 18. It really is that rare.

But having said that, isn´t it an awesome situation to have a guy like Bjuggernaut at #2? The top 2 lines are looking really really good already, add one or two top 6 wingers (Trocheck&UFA?) to that and it´s going to be explosive.

just imagine this

6'4 barkov 210+
6'6 bjuggernaut 220+
6'3 shore 200+
6'4 (if we keep matthias as 4C) 220+

Erick*

Bjugs is our best player right now. He doesn't really have a flaw to his game. I've been equally impressed with how responsible he is defensively. Horachek had him out on a PK late in the game last night.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
having Barkov-Bjugstad-Trocheck as the top3 centers is going to be amazing for us. maybe they convert trocheck to rw to fit him in the top6, but honestly, for now, i think id rather just keep them all at center and having 3 strong centers, i don't wanna risk hurting anyones development and having 3 centers like that will do wonders for us, especially since we rely on 3 to all 4 lines. if they all blossom the way we hope, we can cross that bridge then, but now i want them all at center.
its huge for us and bjugstad the way he's playing right now. hopefully he keeps it up and improves on top of it.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
having Barkov-Bjugstad-Trocheck as the top3 centers is going to be amazing for us. maybe they convert trocheck to rw to fit him in the top6, but honestly, for now, i think id rather just keep them all at center and having 3 strong centers, i don't wanna risk hurting anyones development and having 3 centers like that will do wonders for us, especially since we rely on 3 to all 4 lines. if they all blossom the way we hope, we can cross that bridge then, but now i want them all at center.
its huge for us and bjugstad the way he's playing right now. hopefully he keeps it up and improves on top of it.

I tend to agree, but at the same time.. I'd love to see Trocheck next to Hubs and Bjugs.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Gotta chime in here, this kid is definitely proving me wrong, thought for sure he needed a full season in San Antonio to keep his development on track, but I think the new coaches are handling him perfectly.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
The Kid is quite a talent, I was not impressed with him last year but he has grown so much ever since, He has been very impressive and gets my full attention, I find myself looking for him on the ice.
Barkov, Bjugstad, Trocheck, Mathias....just wow!

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Easily our most consistent and effective forward this season thus far. Glad he's starting to find his comfort zone and really bringing it.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
The Kid is quite a talent, I was not impressed with him last year but he has grown so much ever since, He has been very impressive and gets my full attention, I find myself looking for him on the ice.
Barkov, Bjugstad, Trocheck, Mathias....just wow!

Think we'll be saying the same about Markstrom next year? I'd love to see a poll.

Markstrom, if you're reading this, get off hfboards and go play some hockey big guy.

We all know you expected to be pegged as the net protector but you didn't deserve it.

Take that fuel and go get it.

Don't let the goals come in.

Dream about the goals never happening.

There is no such thing as a goal when you're in the net you ferocious beast of a man.

Understand that when you are in net you're filling the shoes of some of the greatest goalies to ever play this game and you need to be serious about it.

You think you'd ever find beezer dancing around like a monkey at a game?

DUDE DIDN"T EVEN TALK TO HIS MOTHER WIFE OR KIDS ON GAMEDAYS.

Time to get some zen in dude.

You should room up with Bjustad if you're reading this and eat what he eats for breakfast and go to bed when he goes to bed. No, you don't have to shower when he showers, but you should follow in the example of people who are redeeming themselves.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Barkov
Bjugstad
Shore
Howden
Huby
Guds
Petrovic
Kulikov
Markstrom
Wilson
Trocheck

All these guys should be playing in the NHL next year. The future looks bright my friends it looks bright.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Barkov
Bjugstad
Shore
Howden
Huby
Guds
Petrovic
Kulikov
Markstrom
Wilson
Trocheck

All these guys should be playing in the NHL next year. The future looks bright my friends it looks bright.

Looks like another lottery team again next year if thats the case. Tallon better get established big $$$ vet free agents next year. The Q. Howden's, Drew Shore's and (gulp) Markstrom's of the world will not get it done to get us out this abyss of mediocrity were in.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Looks like another lottery team again next year if thats the case. Tallon better get established big $$$ vet free agents next year. The Q. Howden's, Drew Shore's and (gulp) Markstrom's of the world will not get it done to get us out this abyss of mediocrity were in.

What? All of those prospects I listed above have so much great potential. Sure yea Shore, Howden are never going to be as good as Huby or Barkov but there still very very good 3rd line prospects. Yes and of course that's not the whole team. You only have 11 players there buddy.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Think we'll be saying the same about Markstrom next year? I'd love to see a poll.

Markstrom, if you're reading this, get off hfboards and go play some hockey big guy.

We all know you expected to be pegged as the net protector but you didn't deserve it.

Take that fuel and go get it.

Don't let the goals come in.

Dream about the goals never happening.

There is no such thing as a goal when you're in the net you ferocious beast of a man.

Understand that when you are in net you're filling the shoes of some of the greatest goalies to ever play this game and you need to be serious about it.

You think you'd ever find beezer dancing around like a monkey at a game?

DUDE DIDN"T EVEN TALK TO HIS MOTHER WIFE OR KIDS ON GAMEDAYS.

Time to get some zen in dude.

You should room up with Bjustad if you're reading this and eat what he eats for breakfast and go to bed when he goes to bed. No, you don't have to shower when he showers, but you should follow in the example of people who are redeeming themselves.

Redeeming? I think that's a little harsh. It was Bjugstad's first 11 NHL games. He did score a goal. A nice one. And he was not used to playing so many games a season, being in college. He was also 20 years old. Bjugstad did fine last season.

Barkov
Bjugstad
Shore
Howden
Huby
Guds
Petrovic
Kulikov
Markstrom
Wilson
Trocheck

I'm not sure about Howden and Wilson, especially Wilson. Like jrockett said, you can't have that many rookies in the lineup if we are going to acquire some top veteran talent too. Not enough roster spots. Shore should probably make it, but I'm not even sure how big of a role he's going to play.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I'm not sure about Howden and Wilson, especially Wilson. Like jrockett said, you can't have that many rookies in the lineup if we are going to acquire some top veteran talent too. Not enough roster spots. Shore should probably make it, but I'm not even sure how big of a role he's going to play.

Would like to see Shore get time next season for sure. 4th line center looks great for him. Think we have a decent bottom 6 already in the system for next year.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Would like to see Shore get time next season for sure. 4th line center looks great for him. Think we have a decent bottom 6 already in the system for next year.

I'm just not sure how the center lineup is going to look. Are we going to re-sign Goc? Are we going to trade Matthias? Is Trocheck going to play center or wing? Dineen said "we've talked to Shore about him playing wing when we need him to". I assume he meant Tallon too. So maybe they envision him moving to the right side eventually. And build around Barkov-Bjugy-Trocheck down the middle. But maybe that was just Dineen. Who knows.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hey guys,

I know at the start of the season alot of people pegged Bjugstad to spend the season in the AHL this year and then hopefully become the Cats #3 or maybe #2 Centerman of the future. Last night vs. the Canucks was the first time this season I have seen the Panthers play live on tv(hard to catch Panther games in Canada!) and I was wondering something... Was that a typical game for Bjugstad? Or was this one of his bettergames? Cause I honestly thought he was the best and most effective player not only on the Panthers,but also in the whole game. And it was obvious he coaches thought the same thing cause it seemed lke he was on the ice every other shift and in the dying seconds of the game and OT. I was VERY impressed. To me he didnt look like a#2 or #3 Centerman or even a AHL type player... He lookedlike easily the #1 Centerman and a complete stud. Great draft pick for you guys!!
I'm guessing this is do to the inaccurate information that Huberdeau is a center. But, Bjugstad is projected to be the #2 center behind Barkov.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I'm just not sure how the center lineup is going to look. Are we going to re-sign Goc? Are we going to trade Matthias? Is Trocheck going to play center or wing? Dineen said "we've talked to Shore about him playing wing when we need him to". I assume he meant Tallon too. So maybe they envision him moving to the right side eventually. And build around Barkov-Bjugy-Trocheck down the middle. But maybe that was just Dineen. Who knows.

Yeah a lot of questions but at least it seems for once we have enough pieces in place. Who will play wing or center is definitely the main question. But I don't think I would want Trocheck on the third line. Think moving him to wing will be best for both him and his linemates (any of Huby, Bujgs, Barkov) to make use of the great young playmaking skill that we have. I know its far away but like I said I think for once we might have a good problem here.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Plus Tro's size compared to our 6'3 + centers does not win out. We finally can have big, skilled centermen in our line up, Tro will benefit on the wing from the big guys making space for him.

Unless we want to mess with people and run a mighty mite line of:
Rau-Trochek-Grimaldi
lol

651*

Would love to see him in a USA sweater for us in Sochi in '14 but we're more likely going to have to wait for '18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad