OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Yah, blacks look amazing and will look even better in the non-fanatic version.

I wish they had gone with the classic sleeves on the white, but will reserves judgement until I see them with full gear.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Very nice, I might end up buying one of each when they drop
Wish they used the O logo on the shoulders instead of the S though, but thats a complete nitpick

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Yah, blacks look amazing and will look even better in the non-fanatic version.

I wish they had gone with the classic sleeves on the white, but will reserves judgement until I see them with full gear.

Easy fix in my opinion. Not now, but in the future they can always tweak the little things on the jersey, just like the Habs and Leafs do for example.

At least the overall jersey and logo is now where it needed to be years ago, so once they get some feedback from fans I am sure they will make the necessary tweaks in the future.

Reactions: Deku

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Easy fix in my opinion. Not now, but in the future they can always tweak the little things on the jersey, just like the Habs and Leafs do for example.

At least the overall jersey and logo is now where it needed to be years ago, so once they get some feedback from fans I am sure they will make the necessary tweaks in the future.

Agreed, I had a similar thought.

Make minor tweaks in a couple of years, sell more jerseys.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Not sure why they couldn’t just go back to the black forearms and black and red stripes at the bottom. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree that looked better. Literally zero had work had to be put into making a better jersey.

Maybe Melnyk wants his own stamp on the team still.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone know where the video was taken, like what store and area? Curious to see if there's any difference for the Adidas version.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- the tweets been deleted. anyone take any screengrabs?

You didn't really miss anything if u saw the giant tiger one already. Showed the white one as well in the tweet but that's it.

edit: Logo looks bigger though since these were mens jerseys I believe

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
The black sleeves on the 90's white unis are what made them really distinctive among hockey sweaters. Best white jerseys in the league IMO. Not gonna be the same without them.

A bit of a buzz kill, but I'll try not to quibble given I've waited years for them to go back to the "originals".

Emerica

May 29, 2010
The black sleeves on the 90's white unis are what made them really distinctive among hockey sweaters. Best white jerseys in the league IMO. Not gonna be the same without them.

A bit of a buzz kill, but I'll try not to quibble given I've waited years for them to go back to the "originals".
I share this sentiment as well.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

The Bruins have the same thing too though. I like it, don’t get me wrong. I think the blacks are killer and most people don’t buy white jerseys anyway

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Not sure if the numbers will be between the stripes or above. It still seems a little off.

It seems off because the red stripe is a completely different red than the other red on the jersey (since it was just a quick mock-up) and because we are only used to the original white 2Ds so it would take time to adjust

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It seems off because the red stripe is a completely different red than the other red on the jersey (since it was just a quick mock-up) and because we are only used to the original white 2Ds so it would take time to adjust
Maybe. It’s just a little odd to have black between the red stripes but no black stripe at the bottom. It’s fine with the home jersey but it looks really odd on a white one.

It looks pretty bland.

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
The Bruins have the same thing too though. I like it, don’t get me wrong. I think the blacks are killer and most people don’t buy white jerseys anyway

I hear what you're saying about Boston, but the black on their sleeves is more subtle - it doesn't go as far up the sleeve.

I personally preferred the original white sweaters, but I agree the black ones are killer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad