OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
That's your uninformed and uneducated opinion. Not sure why you're even coming to this forum to spew your hatred.
it isn't hatred. sorry if it upsets you. but it's not a great logo. news flash: neither is the Jets' logo (probably 10-15th worse in the league)

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I think people around here vastly overstate the quality of the 2d logo.

It is not the design itself, but what that design represents. Compare the 2D Senators logo to the Leafs logo, Habs logo, Bruins, Blues etc. and you will find that their logos are nothing graphically appealing but rather a symbol that represents decades of history.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It is not the design itself, but what that design represents. Compare the 2D Senators logo to the Leafs logo, Habs logo, Bruins, Blues etc. and you will find that their logos are nothing graphically appealing but rather a symbol that represents decades of history.

I don't think our 2nd logo is anywhere near as good as those. Most people would agree.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don't think our 2nd logo is anywhere near as good as those. Most people would agree.

You think those logos are "nice"? In what sense, there is absolutely zero creativity and detail in any of those team logos I mentioned, especially the Leafs and Habs.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I m happy to come back to the 2d but if I remember Melnyk change the logo because don’t sell enough marchandise. Why know all people happy and do you think gonna sell more

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
You think those logos are "nice"? In what sense, there is absolutely zero creativity and detail in any of those team logos I mentioned, especially the Leafs and Habs.

Simplicity goes a long way.

Think of the most recognizable logos on the planet. Betting they're all fairly simple in design. Apple, McDonald's, Nike, Mercedes, Toyota, Shell, etc.

The 2d logo is too busy and has too much extra fringe bullshit on it and a weird shape. It needs to be trimmed down significantly and the colour palette needs to be reworked. I thought the alternate that popped up about 10 years ago was nice but it might be worthwhile to get rid of the human figure altogether.

Seriously if they paid one true professional for a day's work it could look so much better.

The love for the 2d is almost entirely nostalgia-based.

Reactions: NB613

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Simplicity goes a long way.

Think of the most recognizable logos on the planet. Betting they're all fairly simple in design. Apple, McDonald's, Nike, Mercedes, Toyota, Shell, etc.

The 2d logo is too busy and has too much extra fringe bullshit on it and a weird shape. It needs to be trimmed down significantly and the colour palette needs to be reworked. I thought the alternate that popped up about 10 years ago was nice but it might be worthwhile to get rid of the human figure altogether.

Seriously if they paid one true professional for a day's work it could look so much better.

The love for the 2d is almost entirely nostalgia-based.
The shape of the logo makes all the difference for me when comparing it to the horrible modern 2D that came out in 2007. The original 2D is iconic and unique. People love the Blackhawks logo and it's very busy.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that GT has as much murchandise available with the new logo than the Ottawa Team Shop online?

Reactions: NB613

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Who directs what product is created for a team? Is it a league or franchise choice? Ive always felt our merch is ugly and directed at children whereas other fanchises seemingly have nicer gear. I didn't buy the 3D stuff because its fugly and Eugene driven.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Who directs what product is created for a team? Is it a league or franchise choice? Ive always felt our merch is ugly and directed at children whereas other fanchises seemingly have nicer gear. I didn't buy the 3D stuff because its fugly and Eugene driven.

it would all be team driven. League might help in distribution and such

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
it would all be team driven. League might help in distribution and such

There has to be some variance to these deals though maybe from 3rd party sub licensed manufacturers or something, many of the bigger teams seem to have merch available to them that I don't see for the Sens or other smaller teams, maybe I'm off here but it certainly seems some teams have different stuff to offer, anyways glsd to see the 3d done with!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I always thought our 2D logo was top 5 in the league. So happy to see them go back to it.

Black, red, white and gold is a killer color combination too. Much prefer it to something like the two tone Leafs or Habs mismatching colors.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Has anyone heard/have any guess if the new jerseys will be in stock like the day after the reveal? Or will they still delay sales?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I would have liked to eventually get a Sens new era hat with the logo change but unfortunately the NHL dropped their license with the most popular hat maker in the world because....NHL.

I can’t stand the fanatics monopoly. Worst thing to happen in awhile for apparel stuff.

A million different hats and they all look like trash. I would think they could even accidentally do something interesting by now. But no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->