OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Honestly this whole jersey reveal has been such a huge let down. Zero build up. Zero marketing. Zero money spent into anything. Let's go to local news to break a rebranded jersey... who does that in the 21st century? Every other team would have developed some sweet video content and really hype up fans. Months of teasers or hints to get a buzz going... Why do we always get the knock off version of everything?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Honestly this whole jersey reveal has been such a huge let down. Zero build up. Zero marketing. Zero money spent into anything. Let's go to local news to break a rebranded jersey... who does that in the 21st century? Every other team would have developed some sweet video content and really hype up fans. Months of teasers or hints to get a buzz going... Why do we always get the knock off version of everything?
It's cheaper.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Seriously. Going to local news for a major unveiling is something I'd expect a CHL team to do.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is the most accurate description I’ve seen of the Ottawa Senators.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Haphazard attempt at a rebrand. Seems like the NHL forced the franchise's hand because it had been in the works for so long. Much longer than any properly functioning organization would've taken.

I know it's a running joke but Melnyk is broke so obviously anything they can do to save money, they'll do. That includes not having proper marketing or marketing staff in place to take care of these things.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Has anything been revealed yet? I live in Vancouver so I don't get any of this... Have they made you watch 15 minutes of the news? This is just insane a major sports franchise would do this. It is so comical.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Exactly! They likely spent zero to no money in this whole process. Their logo unveiling was a press release... No fun - ever - being a fan of this franchise. It hasn't been fun since the Pizza Line days.
Yep ... & yet we are all still here, gluttons for punishment I guess.

Reactions: QuietOnTheFront

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Exactly! They likely spent zero to no money in this whole process. Their logo unveiling was a press release... No fun - ever - being a fan of this franchise. It hasn't been fun since the Pizza Line days.

Even Sens official Twitter just has the most boring profile and banner picture of the logo. Like, any other team would have hyped that shit to infinity, especially during an 8-month+ long break between games. It was literally all they had to get fans excited yet they went bare minimum.

Reactions: QuietOnTheFront

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Has anything been revealed yet? I live in Vancouver so I don't get any of this... Have they made you watch 15 minutes of the news? This is just insane a major sports franchise would do this. It is so comical.

Not yet, seems like they're dragging the reveal out on the news too. 20 mins in and all we get is "We're going to reveal the new jersey coming up soon!!!"

Really frustrating.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not yet, seems like they're dragging the reveal out on the news too. 20 mins in and all we get is "We're going to reveal the new jersey coming up soon!!!"

Really frustrating.

Don't blame CTV for stretching it out, but I do blame the team for letting local news be the first to unveil it.

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad