OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I would have liked to eventually get a Sens new era hat with the logo change but unfortunately the NHL dropped their license with the most popular hat maker in the world because....NHL.

I can’t stand the fanatics monopoly. Worst thing to happen in awhile for apparel stuff.

I spoke with someone at 47 Brand and they told me they’d have 2D merch in February. Not quite New Era, but a hell of a lot better than Fanatics.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
It is not the design itself, but what that design represents. Compare the 2D Senators logo to the Leafs logo, Habs logo, Bruins, Blues etc. and you will find that their logos are nothing graphically appealing but rather a symbol that represents decades of history.
It's a good example of why I am someone who wishes North American sports culture was more like Europe. Look at all the prominent soccer clubs throughout Europe. Most logos/badges haven't changed a bit since the inception of their Club. History and tradition is valued immensely. I wish we would do the same here instead of needing everything to be rebranded every 5 years or so to "stay fresh".

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
It's a good example of why I am someone who wishes North American sports culture was more like Europe. Look at all the prominent soccer clubs throughout Europe. Most logos/badges haven't changed a bit since the inception of their Club. History and tradition is valued immensely. I wish we would do the same here instead of needing everything to be rebranded every 5 years or so to "stay fresh".

the great sport culture of European soccer. keeping the logo for a hundred years, but having 3 different new jerseys every 12 months.....

Reactions: Senator23 and NB613

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

ya, I’m gonna call bs sorry. I’m not a huge soccer guy, but look at Chelsea, Man U, Roma, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Hajduk, etc Those logo have changed quite a bit during the course of their existence. There are some great logos in soccer (Celtic!) to be sure, but they are no different in terms of rebranding.

Manchester United change their club badge... how has your Premier League club's crest evolved? | Daily Mail Online

FC Bayern Munchen Logo | The most famous brands and company logos in the world

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
ya, I’m gonna call bs sorry. I’m not a huge soccer guy, but look at Chelsea, Man U, Roma, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Hajduk, etc Those logo have changed quite a bit during the course of their existence. There are some great logos in soccer (Celtic!) to be sure, but they are no different in terms of rebranding.

Manchester United change their club badge... how has your Premier League club's crest evolved? | Daily Mail Online

FC Bayern Munchen Logo | The most famous brands and company logos in the world
If you compare the frequency to North American sports properties when also considering how many soccer Clubs are in Europe, it's a far, far, far more frequent occurrence in North America.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
If you compare the frequency to North American sports properties when also considering how many soccer Clubs are in Europe, it's a far, far, far more frequent occurrence in North America.

the message your wrote before said:

“Look at all the prominent soccer clubs throughout Europe. Most logos/badges haven't changed a bit since the inception of their Club. History and tradition is valued immensely.”

I point out some of the biggest European clubs and now your argument changes to ‘they do less frequently’.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
the message your wrote before said:

“Look at all the prominent soccer clubs throughout Europe. Most logos/badges haven't changed a bit since the inception of their Club. History and tradition is valued immensely.”

I point out some of the biggest European clubs and now your argument changes to ‘they do less frequently’.
Lol.

So because a few Clubs have made changes means that it's a regular occurrence and negates what I said about European Clubs in general? I can't even see the goal posts. You moved them too far.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Lol.

So because a few Clubs have made changes means that it's a regular occurrence and negates what I said about European Clubs in general? I can't even see the goal posts. You moved them too far.

I've just spent more time on soccer than I have in 20 years... lol
Below are the logos of the top 12 clubs according to Forbes. I think its fair to say that the majority have made significant changes. Some have toggled back and forth between different types. A few (Real and Barcelona) have stayed pretty true to the main concept as you alluded too. It looks like Bayern Munich is the Vancouver Canucks of Soccer with all their crazy changes in colour schemes and logo styles.
View media item 8075View media item 8074View media item 8073

Reactions: Senator Blutarsky

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Here they are

The surprise is ruined but I am so happy I do not care. I love the "S" shoulder patch too...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

tenor.gif

Reactions: NB613

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I hope some nice hats come out as well... Haven't seen any I've liked so far

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The black ones are amazing. The whites will just take some getting used too but they’re not bad. Home jerseys are most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille