OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is a photo from many years ago. Taz, a Chesapeake Bay retriever, was less than a year old. Roman, the black lab, was nearly three. He was helping me train Taz and did a great job. Both have passed on but I will never forget the joys of their companionship in the field and at home.

View attachment 336949

Here are few of Roman enjoying his work.

View attachment 336951

View attachment 336953
We had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Zoe when I was very little. She was very protective of us. One day my mom was doing laundry and she heard a man outside yelling. A guy had come into the yard to read the meter and Zoe cornered him. She didn't attack but she made her point pretty clear. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Nope.
Go to HF thread on your phone.
Post reply.
Click on camera icon.
Upload a file.
photo library -> select cute photo of Marmalade
Select size & Done
Click “full image”
Post reply.

Furley wants to be with me riding my exercise bike, so he’s wedged in here. (Test photo!)
View attachment 336929
Ah, you have one of those Velcro dogs. :)

FB_IMG_1550888102719.jpg

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
We had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Zoe when I was very little. She was very protective of us. One day my mom was doing laundry and she heard a man outside yelling. A guy had come into the yard to read the meter and Zoe cornered him. She didn't attack but she made her point pretty clear. :laugh:

That’s a Chessie !!!!
She protected her family perfectly.
Great story

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This thread has stopped after Wednesday, no new posting. I so enjoyed it, thank you.

Stay safe, follow the rules, and help others.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So..... Human..... You want to know what it's like spending all day in this apartment every day? Here are the rules.

1. The recliner is mine.
2. The remote is mine.
3. The snacks are all mine. And I'm overdue for my next one. Hop to it.

Xoxo

Daisy

FB_IMG_1584903554624.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's Puppy Day!!! :)

Sadly, I have no puppy pictures of Daisy, but here is Coyle's pupper

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Took Daisy for a long walk tonight. Encountered several families out walking. We all kept our distance but a couple kids waved at us with big smiles and said "you've got a great dog!" :) This virus is horrible but there are positives to be found in the quarantine if you look for them. I've had more neighbors smile at me in the last week than I have in the thirteen years I've lived here. o_O

Plus, Daisy got to check her messages :laugh:

20200326_182943.jpg

Attachments

• 20200326_182943.jpg
    20200326_182943.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 2

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Wow.
He looks like a stuffed animal.
That he does.

He's incredibly shaggy right now and my mom is hoping he can get groomed on Monday as they are open and did confirm the appointment.

He's a Westie but my mom keeps his hair much shorter than the standard. In the summer, he gets a full buzz cut.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That he does.

He's incredibly shaggy right now and my mom is hoping he can get groomed on Monday as they are open and did confirm the appointment.

He's a Westie but my mom keeps his hair much shorter than the standard. In the summer, he gets a full buzz cut.
Daisy gets groomed this morning. The vacuum can't keep up with all the hair. :help: As much as I love the fluff, it's just a lot easier on both of us when her hair is shorter.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The human took me to a place where they attacked me with soap and buzzy clipper things and now I'm nekkid!!! :eek:

To thank the human, I pooped in the middle of the parking lot and almost got us run over by a grandma who wasn't paying attention.

I do feel much better now without all that heavy fur but don't tell the human. I've already guilted her into buying me a bag of tasty treats on the way out of the store.

Daisy

20200327_135442.jpg

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Decided to post this one of my poor sweet, sweet girl Mia who crossed the rainbow bridge two years ago today.

Ah - that darn Rainbow Bridge thing still makes me tear up. About 5 years ago I had to put down my 15-year old cat named Bruce ( named him after Springsteen ) due to cancer. I know everybody says that it's best for the animal in cases like this but it really was one of the hardest things I ever did. Anyway - about a week later I grabbed my mail on my way to work on a film shoot. Once I get to the location I'm sitting at a table with about a dozen other big tough looking guys ( the scene was taking place in a biker dive bar so everybody was unshaven and most of the other guys there were covered in tattoos ) and I open up a letter from my vet telling me that I had given Bruce 15 years of love and great care and inside the letter was a copy of the Rainbow Bridge. I probably should have read it after I got home because afterwards the waterworks start and I just couldn't stop. Of course one of the guys asked me what was wrong and I gave him the letter. Pretty soon the whole table is talking about all the great pets we have had and lost plus the ones we currently had. Some of the guys had never read the Rainbow Bridge before and soon almost everybody was getting pretty teary. The good thing was that we could just blame it on the fake smoke they were using on set.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ah - that darn Rainbow Bridge thing still makes me tear up. About 5 years ago I had to put down my 15-year old cat named Bruce ( named him after Springsteen ) due to cancer. I know everybody says that it's best for the animal in cases like this but it really was one of the hardest things I ever did. Anyway - about a week later I grabbed my mail on my way to work on a film shoot. Once I get to the location I'm sitting at a table with about a dozen other big tough looking guys ( the scene was taking place in a biker dive bar so everybody was unshaven and most of the other guys there were covered in tattoos ) and I open up a letter from my vet telling me that I had given Bruce 15 years of love and great care and inside the letter was a copy of the Rainbow Bridge. I probably should have read it after I got home because afterwards the waterworks start and I just couldn't stop. Of course one of the guys asked me what was wrong and I gave him the letter. Pretty soon the whole table is talking about all the great pets we have had and lost plus the ones we currently had. Some of the guys had never read the Rainbow Bridge before and soon almost everybody was getting pretty teary. The good thing was that we could just blame it on the fake smoke they were using on set.

My man if it doesnt get to you then you have something broken in you.

Reactions: eightspokedb

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My man if it doesnt get to you then you have something broken in you.

Yup - if you don't tear up ( even just a bit ) then you are dead inside. By the way - my aunt recently had her poodle pass on and she sent me this - it's not quite as powerful as the Rainbow Bridge but like the Rainbow Bridge it definitely tugs at the heart strings. And just like the Rainbow Bridge the author is unknown.

d0f6fd1a393b73a985903f94d40d7d49-pet-quotes-cat-rainbow-bridge-poem-3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad