OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I know he’s a wild creature, but I would have had a hard time not letting him in!

So friggin cute!!!

I rescued a baby badger a few years ago from under a dead tree. He was in pretty bad shape but I thought I would try to save him. Well, he not only survived, but he grew into a full size badger in just a couple of months. That’s when it became obvious that he was a wild critter. He would hiss and gnash his big teeth when I fed him. His claws were getting really big too, so it was time for him to venture out into the wild. I released him in the woods with well wishes and hoped he live on his own.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
C61DE1BB-E7B7-4939-9E63-2BB99591AAF8.jpeg
1FB44AD4-EB77-4F35-BEC3-380D47512893.jpeg
82820AFD-B8C9-427C-8237-30E41B05EC5A.jpeg
C40E41A1-FB29-4C10-8E5B-A186117165C5.png

This is Loki our absolutely wonderful lab boxer mix

That’s Penina, an Abby guinea pig, she actually passed away in late January. She had been abandoned and we looked after her but years of abuse left her with a tooth abscess and GP’s don’t do well with infections. We have two others, Thelma and Louise, not pictured here. They are healthy and zoomy

And that’s annika on her late horse jack, he also tragically died last year in February, but he was a great horse, also abandoned and not well cared for before annika got him.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This is Lucy. She's a 14yr old Bluetick Coonhound. She loves sun bathing on the steps in the morning and really doesn't like moving when you come down.

I was swinging through PetSmart to pick up some fish food and the next thing I know, my wife has this one in a bear hug over at the adoption event. It was all over after that. She's got full blown dementia now, so we won't have her much longer, but she's happy and hanging in there...

upload_2020-3-14_22-10-1.png

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
This is Lucy. She's a 14yr old Bluetick Coonhound. She loves sun bathing on the steps in the morning and really doesn't like moving when you come down.

I was swinging through PetSmart to pick up some fish food and the next thing I know, my wife has this one in a bear hug over at the adoption event. It was all over after that. She's got full blown dementia now, so we won't have her much longer, but she's happy and hanging in there...

View attachment 336133
Beautiful dog.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
View attachment 336101 View attachment 336103 View attachment 336105 View attachment 336107

This is Loki our absolutely wonderful lab boxer mix

That’s Penina, an Abby guinea pig, she actually passed away in late January. She had been abandoned and we looked after her but years of abuse left her with a tooth abscess and GP’s don’t do well with infections. We have two others, Thelma and Louise, not pictured here. They are healthy and zoomy

And that’s annika on her late horse jack, he also tragically died last year in February, but he was a great horse, also abandoned and not well cared for before annika got him.
Love all of these photos. That first one of the dog melted my heart- what a face! Sorry about Penina, but it looks like she was well loved and taken care of. Horse is beautiful, too. Annika seems like a loving and gentle soul.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
This was my sweet kitty Shanny, who died on this past Christmas Eve. I miss her everyday. She was funny and sweet and full of mischief. She loved potatoes, as in, dragging out a potato out of the cabinet and showing it off to my daughter and I. She never outgrew playing with toilet paper- I can't help but think of her during this toilet paper crisis and how we'd have to ban her from both bathrooms if she was still with us. It will take a long time to get over her loss. Thankfully, we have five other cats that are lovable and sweet, but she was the life of the party, out of that bunch!

St Patty's Shanny.jpg

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Boy, I enjoyed this thread so far. I have always been an animal lover. I have had multiple dogs, twice with three a time. I had three miniature schnauzers at one time, and three smooth hair collies another time. I am too sick and old to have another dog. I get my animal fix whenever there is any animal around.

What an excellent idea to make this thread. Thanks to those that have shared within it.

I will visit this daily.

Thanks for making my day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad