OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
IMG_1886.jpg

Hanging at MILs in Harwich... the coolest pooch around, Rue dog. She's a chiweenie.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
View attachment 335743This is Friskie. I rescued her 17 years ago. She is an affectation hound. Always need to be close to me, especially during Bruin games.

View attachment 335745

This is Peanut. Her mother lived in my backyard. When she had a litter of four, she abandoned the tiny, all white kitten on my patio. I tried to put the kitten back but Mama just moved the others and left the white baby. I bottle fed Peanut for 12 days before she even opened her eyes. I kept a heated fleece pad on my desk at work and took care of her until she was old enough to stay home. She is now 11 years old.

love that story

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Posting more of Daisy and Summer, just because.

FB_IMG_1532347553189.jpg

"No, we didn't do anything unspeakable to the carpet. Why do you ask?"

FB_IMG_1534385970747.jpg

"If you're not going to eat that taco, we'll gladly dispose of it for you."

FB_IMG_1565662794917.jpg

"Moooooooooooooooom, she's touching me!!!!!"

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Just got Dog #3 about 3 months ago. Wasn't looking for a third dog, but this guy was abandoned at our vet and needed a home. Previous owners dropped him off for boarding and never picked him back up.

His name is Max ("Destroyer of toys") and he's an 8yr old Victorian Bulldog. Best dog I ever owned, and I haven't found a toy yet that he cannot destroy.. Has a little arthritis but nothing some Glucosamine can't handle..
upload_2020-3-14_12-25-56.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just got Dog #3 about 3 months ago. Wasn't looking for a third dog, but this guy was abandoned at our vet and needed a home. Previous owners dropped him off for boarding and never picked him back up.

His name is Max ("Destroyer of toys") and he's an 8yr old Victorian Bulldog. Best dog I ever owned, and I haven't found a toy yet that he cannot destroy.. Has a little arthritis but nothing some Glucosamine can't handle..
View attachment 335907
I will never understand how anyone can abandon their pet like that. And the poor dog has no idea where his humans went. Glad he found a good home with you though!

Now I'm going to go hug Daisy.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

View attachment 335907

My Bernese Mountain Dog, (Piper who I posted earlier) is the same way. She is a 95 pound wrecking machine.

She chews through rope toys in a few minutes.
My wife is a Vet who brought home toys from a conference.....gone

Piper has a ball that you put treats in, and you screw the halves together....instead of rolling it around to get the treats out, she has figured out how to unscrew it.

She had a plastic bottle (looks like a wine bottle) that the bottom unscrews...the small end had a rope toy coming out, the idea was she would have to figure out how to move the rope to get the treats out....nope, she just chewed through the rope instead.

And to make things more fun, she has caught two adult rabbits in our yard....she swallows them whole like an alligator eating.

I want to get her a job as a dog toy tester at a company developing dog toys.......

and she has such a sweet face...........

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I thought this thread would be a great way to bring some happy memories into this trying time of uncertainty and fear, so I’m going to post a few photos of my dear “friends” who have passed away.

Roman, an outstanding black Lab who was a multiple field trial champion. He was a very gentle, friendly dog when not in the field.

upload_2020-3-14_13-42-15.jpeg

Buck, a black Lab who was the first retriever I trained on my own. He didn’t like staying in the house, so he slept on the patio most nights.

upload_2020-3-14_13-50-5.jpeg

Tank was a black Lab given to me as a puppy by Phil Robertson and W.E. Phillips. Some of you might recognize their names, as they later became quite famous on Duck Dynasty. I knew them long before that time and we are still very good friends. Tank was the smartest dog I’ve trained. He was amazing. Sadly, a tragic accident ended his young life at only 4 years old.

upload_2020-3-14_14-1-1.jpeg

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I thought this thread would be a great way to bring some happy memories into this trying time of uncertainty and fear, so I’m going to post a few photos of my dear “friends” who have passed away.

Roman, an outstanding black Lab who was a multiple field trial champion. He was a very gentle, friendly dog when not in the field.

View attachment 335935

Buck, a black Lab who was the first retriever I trained on my own. He didn’t like staying in the house, so he slept on the patio most nights.

View attachment 335937

Tank was a black Lab given to me as a puppy by Phil Robertson and W.E. Phillips. Some of you might recognize their names, as they later became quite famous on Duck Dynasty. I knew them long before that time and we are still very good friends. Tank was the smartest dog I’ve trained. He was amazing. Sadly, a tragic accident ended his young life at only 4 years old.

View attachment 335941

Beautiful dogs. Since we’ve had a Black Lab we’ve come to appreciate the breed, these dogs are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My Bernese Mountain Dog, (Piper who I posted earlier) is the same way. She is a 95 pound wrecking machine.

She chews through rope toys in a few minutes.
My wife is a Vet who brought home toys from a conference.....gone

Piper has a ball that you put treats in, and you screw the halves together....instead of rolling it around to get the treats out, she has figured out how to unscrew it.

She had a plastic bottle (looks like a wine bottle) that the bottom unscrews...the small end had a rope toy coming out, the idea was she would have to figure out how to move the rope to get the treats out....nope, she just chewed through the rope instead.

And to make things more fun, she has caught two adult rabbits in our yard....she swallows them whole like an alligator eating.

I want to get her a job as a dog toy tester at a company developing dog toys.......

and she has such a sweet face...........
Max is exactly the same way. He views it as a personal challenge to try to destroy any toy you put in front of him. It’s like people with Sudoku/Crossword puzzles. He just sticks with it until he’s solved the riddle. Sometimes it takes him a week, but he will not give up until he’s figured out it’s weakness.

Weird thing here is that he only does it with dog toys. He’s never chewed anything in the house that didn’t belong to him. Kinda crazy...

Reactions: Lady Rhian

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Max is exactly the same way. He views it as a personal challenge to try to destroy any toy you put in front of him. It’s like people with Sudoku/Crossword puzzles. He just sticks with it until he’s solved the riddle. Sometimes it takes him a week, but he will not give up until he’s figured out it’s weakness.

Weird thing here is that he only does it with dog toys. He’s never chewed anything in the house that didn’t belong to him. Kinda crazy...

I wish I could say that, except is getting better....she eats half a sock.....underwear...tears the bottom of legs off sweat pants....toilet paper and paper towels....hats...water jugs....its all fair game

Has never chewed furniture, blankets, pillows though

Now that it's warm enough (above 30 for her) I can put her in the fenced in backyard all day

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This was our dog, Lucky, that we had when I was growing up. He was actually from the Lassie bloodline and had a pedigree a mile long.

But he was dumber than a box of rocks sometimes. Let's just say Timmy would have never been found in that well. :laugh: He did know how to pose for the camera, so I guess he came by that honest.

I loved him though. :heart:

20200314_182521.jpg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I will never understand how anyone can abandon their pet like that. And the poor dog has no idea where his humans went. Glad he found a good home with you though!

Now I'm going to go hug Daisy.
My guy was abandoned too. Left in an apartment when the people moved. He was there a week before the neighbors called the cops and he ended up at animal rescue where my (retired) husband was working part-time. Westy noticed that he never soiled his pen overnight and brought him home “for the weekend” to get him out of the kennel. That was 6 years ago.

he’s never had an accident in the house. Never snatched food that didn’t belong to him. If the couch isn’t covered, he stands next to it and looks at you indicating he wants to get up. His only naughtiness is he will bolt if you leave the gate open.

Here was his first day home .
DEAC000D-F6A1-4CD8-B241-1F36F80B39EB.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My guy was abandoned too. Left in an apartment when the people moved. He was there a week before the neighbors called the cops and he ended up at animal rescue where my (retired) husband was working part-time. Westy noticed that he never soiled his pen overnight and brought him home “for the weekend” to get him out of the kennel. That was 6 years ago.

he’s never had an accident in the house. Never snatched food that didn’t belong to him. If the couch isn’t covered, he stands next to it and looks at you indicating he wants to get up. His only naughtiness is he will bolt if you leave the gate open.

Here was his first day home .View attachment 336033
Awww, he's beautiful! :heart:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love dogs too but am not home enough to have them. I have 3 cats...Frodo Baggins a Maine Coon and Luna and Pippin (rescued from Pat Brody's) both with angora fur. when I figure out to how to load photos I w
-PAXP-deijE.gif
ill.

Your pets / family are all lovely. I like them better than most people

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad