OT: Official Golf Thread II

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Weird seeing guys talking about the "last few rounds of the season". It's just cooling down enough to start playing here. Unfortunately, most of my golf funding is going to the kid's tuition. But that won't last all that long, so I'll be back at soon enough.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Weird seeing guys talking about the "last few rounds of the season". It's just cooling down enough to start playing here. Unfortunately, most of my golf funding is going to the kid's tuition. But that won't last all that long, so I'll be back at soon enough.
We're starting to get the rainy/cold days up here, although this weekend it's supposed to be 14-16 degrees, so i can probably get some swings in there. Next week looks to be dropping to highs of 3-5 degrees. We start getting snow mid October most years.

The struggle of living in the arctic of Canada.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
it`s one of the many advantages of living on Vancouver Island, can play 12 months a year. While the weather/temp is clearly not super warm come December/January, with a few layers on, the courses are still in pretty remarkable shape out there. I played one or two times last January and it was great to play.

What I really love is living here I don`t feel that pressure for lack of better word to sneak in as many rounds as I can before the weather changes like I had to when living in Halifax and the absence of humidity is a lifesaver for this asthmatic

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just did the final back 9 of the season, shot a 43. Clubs are cleaned off and ready for Las Vegas in November!

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Bringing this thread back; shot an 82 at a par 68 course earlier in the week. The par 3’s have always been a nightmare for me; par on the first one than double bogey on the next throughout the round. I’m playing again in the morning on a course I’ve only played once before and than playing Thursday with my dad on the course that I was previously talking about. Hit them well folks! Miss the golf talk

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I used to break 100 when I was 14 (broke 90 once) and now of course I sit at a gentlemen’s 110

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
1st round of the season and shot 95. That includes a 45 on the back with an 8 carded on one of those holes as well. I really felt like I played some good golf on the back. I haven't broken 90 in the last couple of rounds and really want to get back to playing golf like that again.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bringing this thread back; shot an 82 at a par 68 course earlier in the week. The par 3’s have always been a nightmare for me; par on the first one than double bogey on the next throughout the round. I’m playing again in the morning on a course I’ve only played once before and than playing Thursday with my dad on the course that I was previously talking about. Hit them well folks! Miss the golf talk
I too miss the golf talk!

Last year my goal was not reached (break 80), however I had a good step this year by shooting an 80 at a par 71. Was probably about my 8th time out this season.

The big issue remains double bogeys, on the front 9 I had two of them en route to a 43, while on the back I had no double bogeys at shot a 2 over 37. All in all not much to be mad at, my putting was a little off, but it bounced back later in the round.

Look forward to chatting about some more golf, hopefully I come back here with a 79 after the weekend. :cheers:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
With my son baseball season still on hold because of the virus, I have much more time on the w-e and bought a 30 games package at my nearest golf club.

Shot a 81 (41-40) on my first round last Sunday playing so-so but chipping and putting well (one chip-in and 27 putts on the other 17 holes).

Going back Sat and Sun this w-e with my 10y son who shot 115 (61-54) himself.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Love hearing the stories from other posters; especially with people playing with their families.

Fun round on a nice course this morning, Highfields in Grafton. I’ve only played the course once before and it showed on the scorecard but really liked the course! It’s only been two rounds this year but I am struggling on the par 3’s. Oh well, still great to get out and hopefully can turn it around.

Cheers all; hit them well and have fun!

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Love hearing the stories from other posters; especially with people playing with their families.

Fun round on a nice course this morning, Highfields in Grafton. I’ve only played the course once before and it showed on the scorecard but really liked the course! It’s only been two rounds this year but I am struggling on the par 3’s. Oh well, still great to get out and hopefully can turn it around.

Cheers all; hit them well and have fun!

Glad you enjoyed it. My backyard abuts the clubhouse & grill.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
My game has been pretty shit this year (save for an 81 on Monday where I started hitting the ball fairly well again). But the upside is that it pretty much all seems to be mental issues so I'm confident that as it gets warmer and I play more scores will get better

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
My game has been pretty shit this year (save for an 81 on Monday where I started hitting the ball fairly well again). But the upside is that it pretty much all seems to be mental issues so I'm confident that as it gets warmer and I play more scores will get better

It’s always the mental issues; my chipping game is AWFUL; and every time I take a full practice swing and than comes time to hit the ball and of course no follow through and the chip goes no where; it’s that mental thing I’m too scared to send the ball 100 yards instead of 5.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yes; beautiful course and beautiful neighborhood. I saw the construction equipment; any idea how many more units being built?

Sorry no. Still lots of land up there off the course itself. Starting around 600K on up.
When we first built ours in '98 the whole area was corn fields and dairy cows.
I will say having it as a golf course now is pretty nice for a 'neighbor'. Very quiet.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Hahaha, same. That's pretty much what i shoot on a consistent basis, maybe 90-94.

Would like to see that change to 88-90 this summer!

Best of luck with that; I’d say the same score would be great for me too!

But hey; there’s a lot worse days we could have than getting out and playing bogey golf!

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
How have the crowds been? Courses in CT were overwhelmed a few weeks back, so my son and I haven't been out yet, but we are planning on heading out next week. We haven't been out since last summer. It's going to be a gongshow...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Drived very poorly last w-e and shot two bad rounds because of it (85 and 83). Scores only salvaged because of good putts and a chip in.

My 10y son was meanwhile playing great and shot his best round ever on Saturday (48-50 98) then his 3rd best on Sunday (52-48 100).

Will not take long before he beats me...

haha

Reactions: beantown bullies

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
How have the crowds been? Courses in CT were overwhelmed a few weeks back, so my son and I haven't been out yet, but we are planning on heading out next week. We haven't been out since last summer. It's going to be a gongshow...

As far as the crowds; I’ve had a round less than 4 hours walking and a couple of 4 1/2 rounds driving. At the courses I’ve played here in MA, carts are allowed but one cart per person.

Have a blast with your son!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad