[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Green has made some decisions that made me scratch my head sometimes, but I've never seen the players quit on him. He always seems to get buy in from his players.

Regarding Babcock, all other considerations aside, I couldn't stand listening to him talk when he did those soundbites for the media. If I were a Leafs player, I'd be wearing earplugs.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Travis Green is a ****in mental midget.

I mean, just straight up insulting him really doesn't accomplish much.

He's an AHL level coach who constantly makes poor personnel choices and has an anemic ES system. The PP is clicking after years of Newell Browns awful systems and and set up, I'm sure it's more of an anomaly and our PP will probably go back to the mean by year end

Reactions: I am toxic

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Worst effort Ive seen of this team since the Willie D days. I think hes lost the room, and in not that long a time. I think Im leaning towards Fire Coach Green Now!

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
We have to remember the new man will have to fit inside Mr Aquilini's coaching budget ;)

I think these are the kinds of names that could be considered:

John Stevens
Jack Capuano
Mike Yeo
Phil Housley
Glen Gulutzan
Doug Weight
Jacques Martin
Guy Boucher
Paul MacLean

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Worst effort Ive seen of this team since the Willie D days. I think hes lost the room, and in not that long a time. I think Im leaning towards Fire Coach Green Now!
I don't think Green has 'lost the room'. For the most part, with exception of a few games like the Dallas disaster, they've competed hard and been in every game they've played.

But Green is coaching for his job, which leads him to overplay his best players. That just can't continue. You could tell in that Philly game that some of the top players were basically running on fumes.

Unless the ice-time gets equaled out and the top players get a chance to pace themselves, there's inevitably going to be an injury or two. Right now the bottom half of this roster is dragging the team down by its ankles.

But for whatever reason, Green just doesn't feel he can play them.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Virtanen was playing well until Green put him on the 4th line and now he’s invisible.

Pearson and Leivo weren’t doing anything yet they get promoted to the top 6 and still aren’t doing anything.

Fix it Green.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Virtanen is tied with JT Miller for first on the team in even strength goals with 6. Green demoted Virtanen to the 4th line and everyone's complaining about even strength scoring. I'm not saying Virtanen is the answer to all the even strength problems but why is our leading ES goal scorer not getting more opportunities?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Virtanen is tied with JT Miller for first on the team in even strength goals with 6. Green demoted Virtanen to the 4th line and everyone's complaining about even strength scoring. I'm not saying Virtanen is the answer to all the even strength problems but why is our leading ES goal scorer not getting more opportunities?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Mods, can you change the title to just Fire please, no more tolerating.

Thanks

f*** Green! he shrugged his shoulder during the coaches challenge like he wasn't even sure if it was off side! wtf! he's not even sure wtf he's doing anymore.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Green has made some decisions that made me scratch my head sometimes, but I've never seen the players quit on him. He always seems to get buy in from his players.

Regarding Babcock, all other considerations aside, I couldn't stand listening to him talk when he did those soundbites for the media. If I were a Leafs player, I'd be wearing earplugs.
Would you even be able to tell if they did?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Wow. So 4 out of every 5 nights this season our boys have given an A for effort but no one gave credit to the coach after those games. Now that we go through a tough stretch where the team is exhausted in the middle of a road trip and a tougher schedule people start blaming the coach. It’s so insanely reactionary and thoughtless that it can’t even be taken seriously by a serious person.

By the way I still think that play was offside and it was a good call by Travis. He’s done a good job as coach so far even as much as I hate the line juggling he should get some slack on a young team that’s still trying to find the right balance in chemistry. It would be a lot easier for him if he had two 2nd line wingers but he just doesn’t have it this year unless 2 of Goldobin, Roussell, and Ferland, maybe even Sutter to cover for Horvat defensively or Gaudette if Green will finally put him on Horvat’s wing, work out full time. Worst case scenario if none those guys work out then you run with Leivo and Virtanen. That’s not as bad as it looks on paper when they are playing with superstars like Pettersson and Hughes and Boeser and yes I still believe Horvat is also a superstar in the making. Notice all of these young players I mentioned are average a point per game - they are flourishing under Green’s coaching. That’s not something to take for granted either. Overall I would not fire Green because there’s a real chance we would be firing a potential Jack Adams guy.

#ITrustTravis

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Coach isnt going to get fired...Its pretty obvious when the coach does not have the ear of the room..Thats not the case here.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
We have to remember the new man will have to fit inside Mr Aquilini's coaching budget ;)

I think these are the kinds of names that could be considered:

John Stevens
Jack Capuano
Mike Yeo
Phil Housley
Glen Gulutzan
Doug Weight
Jacques Martin
Guy Boucher
Paul MacLean
ick.

hte preds are underachieving, I guess.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
I'm not a Green fan at all,and cant stand the defense coach Baumgartner.
But as long as Benning is here ,I don't see any changes happening anytime soon.
How does Benning not fire green to try and salvage this?

I mean far too late, obviously, but he's probably going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese