[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Lets not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all.

Tonight was the last straw for me.

The coach is the leader in this room, and tonight he really showed his true colors. He clearly values his job (2 points) more then protecting our most valued assets. The fact that he told his players not to retaliate after Petterson was hurt speaks volume of his spineless character.

Alain Vigneault would have not let this slide and I'm 100% sure John Torterella would not have let this go.

It's time we end the experiment and it's time we get a real NHL coach behind the bench. Coaches talk about winning the right way and fighting for your team. When you decide to give a free pass to a team that just injured your future franchise player, it really speaks volume of where this team's identity is going. We are not going to win anything with this man behind the bench and it's time for us to look at alternatives.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
If Pettersson is out for a while with a concussion no one is going to give a f*** if they Canucks finish with 68 points instead of 66 by the end of the season.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
This is a thread I can get on board with.

Absolutely despicable response from the Canucks. The team didn’t even breathe on Matheson. It’s just so embarrassing. There isn’t anywhere near enough words to describe how I’m feeling right now.

Based on Green’s comments after the game I’m nearly 100% certain he told everyone on the bench to not go after Matheson. So I’m going to give everyone on the bench a pass. As far as the players on the ice, it was a little away from the play so I’m not confident anyone really saw it. Would need to see a full replay though.

Regardless... I am just simply stunned right now.

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
**** it. Bring back AV
GlitteringCalmGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

https://nypost.com/2015/05/28/protect-a-teammate-or-turn-the-other-cheek-vigneault-weighs-in/
Protect a teammate or turn the other cheek? Vigneault weighs in
By Brett Cyrgalis
May 28, 2015 | 2:53am

The Rangers’ power-winger took a costly penalty in the first period of Game 6 on Tuesday in Tampa Bay, the end of an altercation with Steven Stamkos that started when the Lightning captain had a borderline hit-from-behind on his Rangers counterpart, Ryan McDonagh.

Coach Alain Vigneault said he thought McDonagh’s back was turned — thus the numbers on the back of his jersey were showing — and Stamkos slammed him into the boards after taking a couple of strides.

“At some point, you’re happy that a player protects their teammate,” Vigneault said. “At this time, not knowing what the [officials] are going to call, I mean, I’m more tempted to say ‘Turn the other cheek and let’s play.’ ”

“At some point, you’re happy that a player protects their teammate. At this time, not knowing what the [officials] are going to call, I mean, I’m more tempted to say ‘Turn the other cheek and let’s play.’ ” - Alain Vigneault, May 2015.

Last edited:

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
after this im fully on board, ship gooberson out while theyre at it and i might regain interest in this team

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
GlitteringCalmGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

https://nypost.com/2015/05/28/protect-a-teammate-or-turn-the-other-cheek-vigneault-weighs-in/

“At some point, you’re happy that a player protects their teammate. At this time, not knowing what the [officials] are going to call, I mean, I’m more tempted to say ‘Turn the other cheek and let’s play.’ ” - Alain Vigneault, May 2015.

That's the Stanley Cup finals. If it wasn't, then something wouldve happened for that.

This was a regular season game against an Eastern conference team in a season where we all know we won't win shit.

Completely different situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad