Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Well I probably should’ve said something during the Canes game.

there was one save he made during the second where afterwards I noticed he was grasping at his leg and kinda shaking it off. Left leg. I told my brother it looked like he was hurt, but he finished the game.

Saw that too.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So I don't see a thread discussing the tampering charges against the Coyotes. This could be HUGE news. TSN reporting 20+ cases of the Coyotes illegally testing draft prospects. Talk of $250,000 fine per incident. Another possibility is the league taking away draft picks from the franchise.

You mean this thread? :teach:

NHL investigating Coyotes over physical testing of CHL players

And no.... picks are not a punishment option. Only cash and the commissioner has the final say.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Hall - Hayton - Garland
Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Crouse - Soderberg - Fischer
Vinnie - Stepan - Richardson
Haha this is awesome! Just realized Kessel is in the press box.

I only dislike the burden of 1st line matchups for Hayton in this one. Tough to balance giving him the right opportunity and protecting him.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No bi
Not acccording to any of the articles out there.

I could see being kicked out of the combine though if it were gregarious enough.
No big deal getting kicked out of the Combine!! We do our own testing??? Too soon??

Reactions: Heldig

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone actually think Chayka will trade Hall? I just don't see it happening, I don't think Mr. Wendy's can actually do something that would admit failure, so I fully expect to keep Hall the entire year, finish out of the playoffs and lose the 1st round pick.

I really hope Hall likes the area and the weather, because the team is giving him 'zero' reason to stay. Geesh! We Suck!

There has got to be a special place in Heaven for Coyotes Fans!

Last edited:
Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What does a complete blow up look like?

Tocchet for Varady and MacLean gets sent down?

OEL+Soderberg for RyJo+Hamhuis?

Raanta to NJD for Patrick Moynihan?

Kessel to STL for Klim Kostin?

Hall to COL for Alex Newhook?

Goligoski to CGY for Sam Bennett?

Derek Stepan for Mikkel Boedker?

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Kuemper might come back as early as next week, seems to be practicing. Any news from you guys? What a great goalie since last season

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Just curious. How can capfriendly end up with a negative cap-hit on Schmaltz 2023-2026 on the buyout-calculator? Was just toying with it, not thinking they would buy him out, but just for fun.

It's the initial cap hit minus the savings, where the savings are initally actually owed minus paid after the buy-out. Still, that is odd. They got this right?

Nick Schmaltz Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
He got rid of Chucky because RT wanted Kessel, and most thought he would be an upgrade.

Irony is Chuckys demise probably saves some of Chaykas face. At least parts of it. Shouldn't, I think Chucky had real trade value at the time, but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad