Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I can't see what the Coyotes could offer that would appeal to the Leafs?
I think that will depend on whether the Leafs fail to make the playoffs (or lose in the first round again). Still, Matthews seems least likely of the "big 4" to be moved IMO - unless he asks for it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think that will depend on whether the Leafs fail to make the playoffs (or lose in the first round again). Still, Matthews seems least likely of the "big 4" to be moved IMO - unless he asks for it.
It wont matter, there are many teams who could put together an offer that would fit the Leaf's needs better. We don't have a Stud D or a lower level 1C to put in the table. Its moot anyway, I highly doubt they go that route, wingers go out the door first.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know if Tocchet is part of the problem or not. One thing is clear, however, he absolutely has no solution whatsoever for the problem.
That's been my take. I think the larger problem is the roster makeup. I don't know what anyone could do with these no-heart losers.
But Tocc is clearly not the answer either. It also would have been easier to fire the coach and hope for a spark than trade everyone approaching the deadline.
The fact Chayka couldn't read the neon-lit tea leaves doesn't inspire confidence. Doubling down by keeping the coach and doing nothing at the deadline was worse.
Either way, I'll be happy when I don't have to watch a dejected, hopeless head coach repeatedly saying, "I don't know" and begging players to show up for once.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad