Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just curious. How can capfriendly end up with a negative cap-hit on Schmaltz 2023-2026 on the buyout-calculator? Was just toying with it, not thinking they would buy him out, but just for fun.

It's the initial cap hit minus the savings, where the savings are initally actually owed minus paid after the buy-out. Still, that is odd. They got this right?

Nick Schmaltz Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I'm probably going to word this wrong but it's about recapturing any Cap benefit that was gained by paying uneven amounts in regards to Cap hit each year. In most cases its normally a Cap recapture for player who got most of their money in first few years kinda lightly cheating the Cap. In Schmaltz's case he is actually getting paid less than his Cap hit in first half of contract so Coyote's get that space back.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I’d listen to all offers not named:
Hall (hopefully resign-able at this rate)
Garland
Chychrun
Dvorak
Kuemper

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If this costs Lindsay Hofford his job then we’re ahead of the game.
It might cost Chayka his job. A $5 million fine would probably be considered with cause.

* I read a report on TSN where it stated what the Coyotes did was kind of in a grey area and they did not actually test anybody. Just asked them questions about their training, eating habits etc. And had the players arrive in shorts and tshirts so they could see their physical stature.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It might cost Chayka his job. A $5 million fine would probably be considered with cause.

* I read a report on TSN where it stated what the Coyotes did was kind of in a grey area and they did not actually test anybody. Just asked them questions about their training, eating habits etc. And had the players arrive in shorts and tshirts so they could see their physical stature.
Well if that's all it was, this is being blown way out of proportion.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
How many more games for Hill before he has to go on waivers to be sent down?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm hopeful Hayton become a solid 2C, similar to Dvo-level. I haven't seen anything from him, including at the WJC's, which leads to believe he'll be more than that.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

If that’s the case then AZ didn’t do anything wrong.

Reactions: Jakey53

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
OEL and Kuemper both went through a full practice this morning without issues.

ZryOepx.png

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
In other news.... Russo was sent back to Tucson. So it really sounds like OEL will go unless someone whacks his knee again with a pipe.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Michael Russo has talked about Arizona having interest in Jason Zucker. Would you guys, as fans, be interested in that at all? Perhaps if it seems like Hall is either gone at the deadline or doesn't plan on re-signing? If so, what could you see a deal looking like?

It was discussed last season at the start of Fenton's tenure that there was something around Zucker+Niederreiter for Dvorak+Fischer, I think it was. Obviously Dvorak is off the table, and I don't think the Wild would still have interest in Fischer, but is there a deal to be made that sends Zucker to Arizona?

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I've said this recently, I think Zucker is a fine player but he would further clog the most crowded position on the Coyotes roster...top 6 wing... And would likely cost a C which the team is already woefully short on.

I just don't see the Coyotes as a good fit, unfortunately.

Reactions: AKL

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Michael Russo has talked about Arizona having interest in Jason Zucker. Would you guys, as fans, be interested in that at all? Perhaps if it seems like Hall is either gone at the deadline or doesn't plan on re-signing? If so, what could you see a deal looking like?

It was discussed last season at the start of Fenton's tenure that there was something around Zucker+Niederreiter for Dvorak+Fischer, I think it was. Obviously Dvorak is off the table, and I don't think the Wild would still have interest in Fischer, but is there a deal to be made that sends Zucker to Arizona?
Would love to add him. You want Kessel? Haha.

Seriously though, not sure I see a fit. Unless you’re dying to add the likes of Hinostroza, Fischer or Grabner.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would love to add him. You want Kessel? Haha.

Seriously though, not sure I see a fit. Unless you’re dying to add the likes of Hinostroza, Fischer or Grabner.

Yeah I don’t really see much of a fit either, because if I were Arizona I wouldn’t give up anything Minnesota would want. Realistically I can’t see anyone outbidding Pittsburgh for him either. Seems like Rutherford wants him badly.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What we had to give for Zucker already went for Hall. I can’t see giving the 2nd when the 1st and 3rd are gone. I can’t see trading the likes of Hayton, Soderstrom or even Jenik or Maccelli honestly. Not that Zucker isn’t worth the likes of Jenik or Maccelli. I just think with all the futures we moved out, we need to cling to them.

Even Prosvetov I’d want to keep, given that I believe this will be Raanta’s last season with us. We actually really need Hill and Prosvetov as depth.

Reactions: Name Nameless

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What we had to give for Zucker already went for Hall. I can’t see giving the 2nd when the 1st and 3rd are gone. I can’t see trading the likes of Hayton, Soderstrom or even Jenik or Maccelli honestly. Not that Zucker isn’t worth the likes of Jenik or Maccelli. I just think with all the futures we moved out, we need to cling to them.

Even Prosvetov I’d want to keep, given that I believe this will be Raanta’s last season with us. We actually really need Hill and Prosvetov as depth.
We don't need Zucker, he isn't a solution to our problems. If anything, we need a vet RHD at the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->