OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I'll wear a mask, but you won't catch me getting the vaccine either. I'm young and healthy enough that my immune system is better and getting vaccinated doesn't stop your ability to carry and spread the virus to others. Rather somebody else with higher risk get vaccinated instead.
I'm somewhat in the same boat where I won't get the vaccine until most have gotten it. My point was mainly towards those who needlessly are politicizing a ******* vaccine for conspiracy reasons I don't have the patience to entertain.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Super happy that my wife is getting her second shot on the 4th. Can't wait to get mine, but even more so my very aged parents.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wisconsin Pharmacist Arrested For Deliberately Spoiling COVID Vaccines
Authorities arrested a suburban Milwaukee pharmacist Thursday suspected of deliberately ruining hundreds of doses of coronavirus vaccine by removing them from refrigeration for two nights.
Police in Grafton, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Milwaukee, said the Advocate Aurora Health pharmacist was arrested on suspicion of reckless endangerment, adulterating a prescription drug and criminal damage to property, all felonies. The pharmacist has been fired and police said in a news release that he was in jail. Police did not identify the pharmacist, saying he has not yet been formally charged.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just a heads up guys.

New directive from site administration, they want the team board COVID threads down to a very narrow scope.

Moving forward, only local interest COVID discussion will be permitted. If you want a more extensive discussion, you should go to the COVID forum.

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak

Critique of local government response is permitted, so long as ideological motivation is not part of the discussion. This is not open for partisan politics.

Posts about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention are no longer allowed unless there is a local component. Otherwise they belong in

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Just a heads up guys.

New directive from site administration, they want the team board COVID threads down to a very narrow scope.

Moving forward, only local interest COVID discussion will be permitted. If you want a more extensive discussion, you should go to the COVID forum.

Critique of local government response is permitted, so long as ideological motivation is not part of the discussion. This is not open for partisan politics.

Posts about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention are no longer allowed unless there is a local component. Otherwise they belong in

What is defined as local? Minnesota? Midwest? USA?
Asking as to understand where expectations need to be.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What is defined as local? Minnesota? Midwest? USA?
Asking as to understand where expectations need to be.
I would define as our 5 state area for the most part... but I could see some issues being a bit more of a national scale on occasion.

We're not going to debate what California is doing and how things are going there. We're going to discuss what affects us more directly.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Some more irony that I'm sure never occurred to the people making rules in the state:

Apparently it's okay for all our college sports teams not to wear masks (Gophers hockey or basketball team last night, for example) but some how high school hockey players need to wear them.

I swear these people are clueless.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Some more irony that I'm sure never occurred to the people making rules in the state:

Apparently it's okay for all our college sports teams not to wear masks (Gophers hockey or basketball team last night, for example) but some how high school hockey players need to wear them.

I swear these people are clueless.

Because the governor is afraid to enforce the law and that it's become politicized that each school, district and city gets to make up their own rules?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The only thing I can find is that it was government mandated. Don't know as you mentioned if it was a municipal level or higher up.
Which is the actual crux of this argument to me, especially watching how things have played out in Wisconsin. Dane County and the City of Madison have both been fairly aggressive throughout this thing with mask mandates, business closures and the like. Regardless of one's thoughts on the efficacy of any of it, all of that has gone through the proper channels. And my read "on the ground" is that people are generally on board with it and willing to roll with things.

That's a whole different kettle of fish than the governor declaring a statewide emergency and using that as an end run around the state legislature. I don't entirely disagree with the notion of emergency powers but they have to be used judiciously or you end up subverting the legitimacy of the entire system, regardless of your intentions.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't know enough to have an informed opinion on that one, but if the municipal governments aren't running afoul of the state constitution I'm not sure what the governor's on about. In general I think the city/county level is the place to be hashing these things out at anyway.
There governor issued an executive order saying local governments can't put limits on businesses.

Same stink as here, just a different flavor. Rule by executive fiat

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wife got second shot today. Super happy, though apparently the full effect won't be for at least another few weeks, as far as anyone understands this process. Has anyone else had the opportunity to get immunized yet? My understanding is that a lot of the health care systems(i.e. Fairview) are talking about it, but have yet to deliver much in the way of actual "jabs". For a guy like me, who is not young, it's disheartening to realize that I probably still have months to wait before i even get my first shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Wife got second shot today. Super happy, though apparently the full effect won't be for at least another few weeks, as far as anyone understands this process. Has anyone else had the opportunity to get immunized yet? My understanding is that a lot of the health care systems(i.e. Fairview) are talking about it, but have yet to deliver much in the way of actual "jabs". For a guy like me, who is not young, it's disheartening to realize that I probably still have months to wait before i even get my first shot.

I haven't had the opportunity to get the vaccine. Being a healthy male that's 34 years of age and working remotely, I haven't even asked for getting the vaccine as other people require it more than I do (I hope, still haven't been infected)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Any side effects from 1st or 2nd shot ?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
1st one she had pain in her shoulder(she's not a wimp in that respect), mild fever and lethargy for one day after the shot, then was fine. So far, this time, she feels less pain, and no sign of fever or any other symptoms, though they might come tonight. I'll post tomorrow about it.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
1st one she had pain in her shoulder(she's not a wimp in that respect), mild fever and lethargy for one day after the shot, then was fine. So far, this time, she feels less pain, and no sign of fever or any other symptoms, though they might come tonight. I'll post tomorrow about it.
Thank you

Hope she feels good !!!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Turns out that the symptoms were just as bad after the second shot. Fever, aches, sore arm. All gone after 24-28 hours. Not a bad idea to take it easy in the day immediately after the shot.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Turns out that the symptoms were just as bad after the second shot. Fever, aches, sore arm. All gone after 24-28 hours. Not a bad idea to take it easy in the day immediately after the shot.

Thanks for all of the information 57special. I hope your wife and your family is safe. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thanks for the offer, but now that she is vaccinated we are in great shape. The odds that she catches Covid, or if she does, has any serious symptoms , have now gone way down.

Hope others get the chance to get their shots soon.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Thank god she's alright.

Hopefully you both can move on with your lives :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad