Official Calder Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I've watched almost every game for both Vancouver and Colorado.

I watch Hughes and I think this is a special player, will probably become a high-end #1 D-man, could win the Calder in some years.

I watch Makar and in some games he's deferring a lot, not sure of his place. In a few of the others he looks like he's deciding to take charge, and he's already one of the very best players in the league, a franchise player, an instant Norris candidate. Suffice it to say, if he plays that way with any semblance of consistency, Makar will win the Calder by a country mile, and there won't be much of a Hughes-Makar debate. We'll have more debates about Makar for Norris, and maybe someday Makar for Hart.
How could you forget Commissioner of the NHL, the Oscar for the best male and female actor and a Nobel Peace Prize? It's so obvious. Everybody can see it right now.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think the forwards will heard from yet in this race...

Necas, J Hughes and even Glass should increase their scoring rates as the season progresses as they acclimatize and are brought along slowly. They'll work into and earn bigger minutes...

Quinn and Makar have banked some points early... but you get the feeling some of the young forwards are going to get their usage increased as the season runs into the second half here...

Long season of ebbs and flows remaining...

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
No love for Farabee yet? Kid has been creating chances since he has been called up. With a little more puck luck he is going to put up big numbers
I came here to say that. He's got a chance, if he sticks on the Giroux line and top PP. Super talented kid.

By the way, he's had like 3 goals called off already in 8 games, if I remember correctly?

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I thought the Canucks were over hyping Quinn Hughes, but he has exceeded expectations. Imagine how good J Hughes could become because he is considered better than his brother.

Reactions: xigon

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I came here to say that. He's got a chance, if he sticks on the Giroux line and top PP. Super talented kid.

By the way, he's had like 3 goals called off already in 8 games, if I remember correctly?

I remember one of his goals called off... definitely a soccer kick.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Martin Necas has 6 points in his last 6 games,
DEAL WITH IT
1778486261623102989_.jpg

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Quinn Hughes picking up points in B2B wins for the Canucks. Also named to the All-Star Game.

He is now only 1 point behind Cale Makar.

I think the most impressive thing about Quinn Hughes is how much ice time he is getting. He had 23:40 of ice time in today's win against Minnesota, which was the most on the team. Next highest was Tyler Myers at 21:08 - not even close. Now, to be fair, the Canucks had a lot of power plays, but still that is damn impressive. If this kid can do that at 20 years old, what is he gonna look like at 22 or 23? Will he be a 30 minute d-man?

Actually, his average ice time this year for the entire season is 21:27 which leads ALL rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad