Official 2023 Coyotes OFF Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
There wasn’t a spot for Doan with Carcone on a one-way deal. He’ll be getting good minutes in Tucson, although I don’t have a ton of faith in Potvin personally.

Tucson should be a place where our prospects go to shine, but we’ve seen alot of offensive regression from our prospects down there. Guys seem to plateau. Smith, McCartney, Jenik( had injury troubles), Soderstrom, kolyachonok. All of them seemed to plateau in Tucson last year. I’d like to see them get new coaching down there if things don’t improve this year

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I didn't watch Tucson at all, what's the gripe with Potvin? If he's doing his job as a building block (which may be less about offensive production and more about positioning and decision making) I'm fine with him. Eventually Tucson will be loaded to the teeth with talent, exceptional is not a word I'd use to describe that roster in previous seasons.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Ottawa needs to open up some cap space to sign Pinto and we're one of maybe 6 teams with the cap space to offer.

Any interest in taking on Joseph, Kubalik, or Brannstrom?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Unless they're sending a first, and taking O'Brien back, no.
It was reported that Philly asked for a 1st or equivalent prospect to take the 3 years of Joseph's contract. Ottawa balked (so far), but proposing something just a bit less than a 1st in value isn't out of the question.

I think they'd be open to taking a guy like O'Brien on a league minimum deal that likely clears waivers but can fill in throughout the regular season as needed.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It was reported that Philly asked for a 1st or equivalent prospect to take the 3 years of Joseph's contract. Ottawa balked (so far), but proposing something just a bit less than a 1st in value isn't out of the question.

I think they'd be open to taking a guy like O'Brien on a league minimum deal that likely clears waivers but can fill in throughout the regular season as needed.

It's Ottawa's problem to deal with. It's not the salary that's the issue, it's three years of having that contract.

If it's two years, we can talk a second rounder. Three years? Better be a first. We can even make the first conditional on how many games Chychrun is hurt for this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ottawa needs to open up some cap space to sign Pinto and we're one of maybe 6 teams with the cap space to offer.

Any interest in taking on Joseph, Kubalik, or Brannstrom?
Ostapchuk, Ridley, Klevin...

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
How about Joseph + Ostapchuk for Jenik/O'Brien + 3rd?

Ottawa gets the cap space to sign Pinto and Bailey while keeping a depth forward for injury callups. They don't give up a 1st which could make it palatable for Dorion to spin and maybe better than any of the other 5 teams.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would think you would have to take someone off their NHL roster. I could be wrong but I don't think they want to give up on three kids. Ottawa is pretty deep though.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would think you would have to take someone off their NHL roster. I could be wrong but I don't think they want to give up on three kids. Ottawa is pretty deep though.
I meant any ONE of those...

Of course if they need to dump salary we could take Chychrun back.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How about Joseph + Ostapchuk for Jenik/O'Brien + 3rd?

Ottawa gets the cap space to sign Pinto and Bailey while keeping a depth forward for injury callups. They don't give up a 1st which could make it palatable for Dorion to spin and maybe better than any of the other 5 teams.
I like Ostapchuk a lot but it’s Kleven we need. And Ottawa had a glut of LD anyhow. Kleven has no path.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Still would love to get Pinto
Only way it would make sense if Boyd was going the other way and I doubt the Sens would go for that. Willing to retain and add a draft pick.

rt

May 13, 2004
Still would love to get Pinto
Only way it would make sense if Boyd was going the other way and I doubt the Sens would go for that. Willing to retain and add a draft pick.
I wouldn’t give up our 1st for Pinto, I don’t think. And I doubt they’d accept a big pile of 2nds. So I don’t know how to make this one work.

It’s more likely NYR would take a big pile 2nds for Lafreniere. And I’d be thrilled to do that.

To NYR:
Travis Boyd (50%)
'24 ARI 3rd
'25 NYR 2nd
'26 NYR 2nd

To ARI:
Alexis Lafreniere

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse
Zucker-Bjugstad-Guenther
Lafreniere-McBain-Kerfoot
O’Brien

Or

Keller-Cooley-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Bjugstad-Crouse
Lafreniere-Hayton-Zucker
Kerfoot-McBain-Guenther
O’Brien

rt

May 13, 2004
Marcus Bjork is on waivers. He’s a guy I’d have liked to pick up if our off-season went differently. Adding Dumba and Stecher and Dermott kinda made it so this no longer makes sense. But he was an early off-season target of mine. I think he will get picked up. Everyone will say it makes no sense because better players passed through. I’m calling it.

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
I wouldn’t give up our 1st for Pinto, I don’t think. And I doubt they’d accept a big pile of 2nds. So I don’t know how to make this one work.

It’s more likely NYR would take a big pile 2nds for Lafreniere. And I’d be thrilled to do that.

To NYR:
Travis Boyd (50%)
'24 ARI 3rd
'25 NYR 2nd
'26 NYR 2nd

To ARI:
Alexis Lafreniere

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse
Zucker-Bjugstad-Guenther
Lafreniere-McBain-Kerfoot
O’Brien

Or

Keller-Cooley-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Bjugstad-Crouse
Lafreniere-Hayton-Zucker
Kerfoot-McBain-Guenther
O’Brien
You really don’t see Carcone having a spot on this team … do you? We gave him a 1-way contract for 2 years. I think he is on the team and plays notably more games than Boyd or O’Brien.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You really don’t see Carcone having a spot on this team … do you? We gave him a 1-way contract for 2 years. I think he is on the team and plays notably more games than Boyd or O’Brien.
Very possible. Nice to have good, although not great, depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad