Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse
Zucker-Bjugstad-Guenther
Kerfoot-McBain-Boyd/Doan
O’Brien/Boyd

Moser-Dumba
Valimaki-Durzi
Stecher-Brown
Dermott
like the lines - cooley gets playmaker and strong D and front of the net guy in crouse
guenther gets couple vets who can score with him
4th line (w boyd) had 92 pts last year got to be amongst best 4th in league

think D will be moser/durzi y valimaki/dumba from evening out top 4 - 2 best O (durzi/valimaki) and 2 best D (moser/dumba) if durzi D is questionable on D pair w better D of 2 LD

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
What do you mean Cooley can do a lot more?
Better supporting cast and depth to take away the hard matchups that Bedard is going to get. He's going to get to play on the powerplay with our top guys who are better than Chicago's top guys of which there's pretty much just Taylor Hall. Cooley is just going to get more offensive opportunities whereas Bedard is probably going to have to create it solely on his own a lot more.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Better supporting cast and depth to take away the hard matchups that Bedard is going to get. He's going to get to play on the powerplay with our top guys who are better than Chicago's top guys of which there's pretty much just Taylor Hall. Cooley is just going to get more offensive opportunities whereas Bedard is probably going to have to create it solely on his own a lot more.
Defensive matchups. Bedard will draw the toughest defensive matchups and Cooley will not.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fellas, Bedard will get 22min+ a night with #1 PP opps and Cooley will get 15 min and 2nd PP opps. I think Bedard will get 80+ pts, so unless Cooley has an unreal season, which would be historic for Arizona, he's not going to beat Bedard.

Only thing that will stop Bedard is an injury from playing too much...other than that, he's got to be the 99% favorite.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Fellas, Bedard will get 22min+ a night with #1 PP opps and Cooley will get 15 min and 2nd PP opps. I think Bedard will get 80+ pts, so unless Cooley has an unreal season, which would be historic for Arizona, he's not going to beat Bedard.

Only thing that will stop Bedard is an injury from playing too much...other than that, he's got to be the 99% favorite.
Agree. I think Luke Hughes finishes behind Bedard. Then Cooley and/or Fantilli. I hope he proves us both wrong but I don't see it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Didn't Bedard just have three points his first NHL exhibition game? The winning goal to boot. I know it's preseason, but still, Bedard, I think is head and shoulders above everyone else. Cooley is good, and we are lucky to have him, but I don't think he is in Bedard's territory, but either is anyone else.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Didn't Bedard just have three points his first NHL exhibition game? The winning goal to boot. I know it's preseason, but still, Bedard, I think is head and shoulders above everyone else. Cooley is good, and we are lucky to have him, but I don't think he is in Bedard's territory, but either is anyone else.
Bedard is going to make a lot of veteran NHL players look silly. I took the gambling bet for Cooley because it could be massive money if it hits, but I’m 97% confident Bedard is winning calder

Bedard
Levi
Cooley

Is the order I have it in

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bedard is going to make a lot of veteran NHL players look silly. I took the gambling bet for Cooley because it could be massive money if it hits, but I’m 97% confident Bedard is winning calder

Bedard
Levi
Cooley

Is the order I have it in
I think Hughes might give Bedard a run for his money.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Wyshynski believes that "Best narrative is the guy doing well with the Coyotes" wins a split. I think it's opposite. It's what keeps him from winning it if that were the scenario.
But the guys who do the actual voting for the award are saying Cooley is a legitimate contender.

Maccelli barely got a peep from them last season and he ended up 4th.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Two assists, one was for OT winner.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
So I know this happens, it's common, but how did we let Connor Clifton go?
Compared to Gormley, Capo, Dineen. We missed that one. Did we just not want him or he didn't want to sign?

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Would love to put a waiver claim for Akil Thomas and Philippe Myers... just too much depth on this team that will require going through waiver themselves if we do.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Defensive matchups. Bedard will draw the toughest defensive matchups and Cooley will not.
Cooley won't if he isn't exceptional. If he is exceptional, he will get better line mates and tougher matchups. That will mean he has better defenders on him and tougher D assignments. Cooley won't be under the radar and getting better matchups if he is on his way to being a 70 point player.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Hope someone puts a claim in for Jenik.

He's a fun player.

Edit:

Looks like fringe waiver eligible forwards like Sanford, Carcone, O'Brien, and Boyd are still around after the mass cuts (TheLegend will post shortly).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad