Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Podkolzin scored another beauty and a hattrick.

Robertson is a nice little player. A lot smaller than his brother but a much better skater.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He doesn’t like Turcotte for some strange reason.

He didn’t play at the Hlinka. ;)

For real though: Button does place a ton of emphasis on international tournaments, though it’s not like I’m not too right now in August. I wouldn't have him #2 like HP though. (maybe I’ll do a top 20 or something this week). It reminds me of them having Farabee #3 entering the year, although Turcotte has more dynamic skill. They like to be bold, especially with USA kids. But if he plays with Hughes at all, even if just PP, that helps draft stock.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is the most prepared I've ever been in August with having watched and evaluated all of the major prospects before the season, so I tried something new this year and did a top 31, with a manageable blurb on each, along with some other Hlinka players. I'll probably put it in its own thread for easy navigation, but I think it'll be fun to have as a resource or tool for comparison throughout the year -- for myself too. I usually save rankings for June because I'm a bitch and don't like ranking players I'm less familiar with, but I think I have enough to go on right now with at least multiple viewings on every prospect that's known to me right now.

So, Hive: do you think it's better for me to do my pre-draft/Hlinka write-ups as a long thread post.......or in a word doc like June? What's more convenient? It's not 40+ pages; more like 7, I think. A primer, if you will......a draft tenderizer.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
So, Hive: do you think it's better for me to do my pre-draft/Hlinka write-ups as a long thread post.......or in a word doc like June? What's more convenient? It's not 40+ pages; more like 7, I think. A primer, if you will......a draft tenderizer.

I'm voting for thread post because I hate Word documents.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is the most prepared I've ever been in August with having watched and evaluated all of the major prospects before the season, so I tried something new this year and did a top 31, with a manageable blurb on each, along with some other Hlinka players. I'll probably put it in its own thread for easy navigation, but I think it'll be fun to have as a resource or tool for comparison throughout the year -- for myself too. I usually save rankings for June because I'm a ***** and don't like ranking players I'm less familiar with, but I think I have enough to go on right now with at least multiple viewings on every prospect that's known to me right now.

I vote for a thread post. That way we can weed out the posters who quote the entire thing with their responses and mock them mercilessly. Bwahaha.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Thread post is good. Looking forward to seeing your info and of course how it changes thru the year. Side note, it seems like Appleyard would give us 4-5 names who were always ranked in the 3-7th rounds, but who he felt would be good steals. By the end of the year, it seemed like they were all 1st/2nd round picks.

Any and all info is great to see!

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is the most prepared I've ever been in August with having watched and evaluated all of the major prospects before the season, so I tried something new this year and did a top 31, with a manageable blurb on each, along with some other Hlinka players. I'll probably put it in its own thread for easy navigation, but I think it'll be fun to have as a resource or tool for comparison throughout the year -- for myself too. I usually save rankings for June because I'm a ***** and don't like ranking players I'm less familiar with, but I think I have enough to go on right now with at least multiple viewings on every prospect that's known to me right now.

For the life of me I've been having trouble sorting some names in my top 31 to the point of feeling comfortable, but I will post this piece of shit in the next day or two. I keep telling myself that and get sidetracked. It's probably gotten a page longer too. f*** me.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Anyone else feels that Dustin Wolf will be our yearly goalie pick for next draft?

He was the backup for Hart with the Silvertips in the WHL so our scouts probably saw a lot of him in theses last years. They also selected Wyatte Wylie from the same club.

I saw some rankings with him going early in the second round. Would it be too high for yet another goalie?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone else feels that Dustin Wolf will be our yearly goalie pick for next draft?

He was the backup for Hart with the Silvertips in the WHL so our scouts probably saw a lot of him in theses last years. They also selected Wyatte Wylie from the same club.

I saw some rankings with him going early in the second round. Would it be too high for yet another goalie?

Yes, it absolutely would.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad