Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Might be playing in Hamilton next year apparently.
That would certainly make it easier to follow him but I’m not sure it’d be the best decision for his development. I have to imagine he’ll get time in the Allsvenskan if he stays in Sweden.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
US more than holding their own with their B team.

Their defense is a train wreck but it’s not really surprising when one guy played a full year in the USHL & another in the BCHL. The rest pretty much played lower levels & a few games in a high level.

One kid was playing high school hockey in the Pittsburgh area last year. :laugh:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yea that's not right in this day and age not using video review is poor . The game it's self was fantastic and you guys whinning about the US defenceman , they did very well for themselves . Hate to see it end with contreversy .

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
it was a good game other than the mistake at the end. lets hope they change the rule and allow replay in the future.

It’s back in the Czech Republic next year & I think the main building they play in doesn’t have the capability like the secondary building in Canada didn’t.

These games at this level aren’t really big draws attendance wise so they don’t really have them in the greatest of buildings especially overseas.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I DVR'd the game, but it cut out with 2 minutes left. Whoopsy daisy! I'm watching the players, don't really care about results. Wish I saw how BS it was though.

(Like last year, I can do some brief thoughts on most of the key players in the tourney next week.)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I DVR'd the game, but it cut out with 2 minutes left. Whoopsy daisy! I'm watching the players, don't really care about results. Wish I saw how BS it was though.

(Like last year, I can do some brief thoughts on most of the key players in the tourney next week.)

It’s obviously a tough call to make in real time & the ref was just guessing in that situation but on replay it wasn’t even close. The puck was towards the top of the crease when the clock TSN showed hit 0.0.

Fortunately the U20’s & everything above that where the stakes are much higher have video replay.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess it will sort itself but there isn’t really any obvious weak links right now on the U18 team that would potentially get demoted by the end of this year. That Hlinka team for USA has some players on it too that would be obvious potential adds for the U18’s late in the year.

The 2001 birthyear might be the deepest ever for the US.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The 2016 draft for the US was the bomb it would be hard to beat .

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The 2016 draft had a fair amount of late birthday’s in the first round (Matthews, Tkachuk, McAvoy, Kunin, & Thompson). They were 97’s while the others were 98’s. A lot of the top players from this draft class will be from 01 birthyear opposed to 00.

The 97’s are probably the deepest birthyear at this point with Hanifin, Werenski, Matthews, Tkachuk, White, Roslovic, Kunin, McAvoy, Thompson, etc but the 01’s very well could beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad