Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone seen Moritz Seider? Huge RHD playing for Germany's top club in their top league. Captained Germany to the U20 D1A Gold and was named the best defenseman at the tournament. 7 points in 5 games. Seems to be getting some 1st round buzz.

Can't remember the last time a top prospect came directly out of the German system, but this kid seems to have a shot.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Anyone seen Moritz Seider? Huge RHD playing for Germany's top club in their top league. Captained Germany to the U20 D1A Gold and was named the best defenseman at the tournament. 7 points in 5 games. Seems to be getting some 1st round buzz.

Can't remember the last time a top prospect came directly out of the German system, but this kid seems to have a shot.

Yeh, I think he 100% should go 1st round. Maybe even in the ~10-20 range by seasons end as a big righty Dman.

Good skater, crisp passer, really nice stick-work, really big shot (even if can sometimes be hay-wire)...

his offensive upside is hard to pin down, but he is better offensively for sure at the same age as someone like Leon Gawanke (5th rounder) who is almost PPG in Q in draft +2 season. Plus heading for best draft year for Dman playing in DEL ever... it took Ehrhoff another year before he was at ~level Seider is now.

Certainly has top 4 upside and I could understand why some may think he could be say a #2 down the line.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Draisaitl would be the last German. He had one of the worst tournaments I've ever seen a draft-eligible player have.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Draisaitl would be the last German. He had one of the worst tournaments I've ever seen a draft-eligible player have.
He didn’t come directly out of the German system. He played two years in the WHL.

Bokk was a first rounder last year but played in Sweden.

Draisaitl was great in the Ufa tournament right after his 17th birthday.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I hope the pick is traded if it’s not 1 or 2.

Id entertain moving it too. What if Dallas is willing to move Seguin for the pick (and a few small extras)? Id absolutely do it.

I think you are the first to bring this up. I am on board.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Id entertain moving it too. What if Dallas is willing to move Seguin for the pick (and a few small extras)? Id absolutely do it.

Wow, that would be huge. I would too, especially when they take back some salary *cough cough* Farmer and Weiss.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Well the guy at the top is worth sucking for.

Btw, how great is it to be a fan of the Avalanche this season?
I’ve gone on their board just to say that. You’ve got a good season going including a breakout player and two players that are at the top of the points all the while having a decent shot a great player playing the exact position that you need and having several really good players coming up. I really hope they don’t get Hughes. I’d rather him go to a team like LA.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007

I’d move it for a forward or a defenseman. It would have to be someone like Seguin though or just below his talent level. Any target would have to be locked up with a number of years left at their current level.

I think it’s likely we finish in the 7-10 range. I’d move that pick+ for Parayko or Tarasenko.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He didn’t come directly out of the German system. He played two years in the WHL.

Bokk was a first rounder last year but played in Sweden.

Draisaitl was great in the Ufa tournament right after his 17th birthday.
Totally forgot about Bokk, don't really hear about him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I've only read about him but Ia wasin Manheim Germany over the summer (where he plays) and that city loves its hockey. It wasn't even hockey season but the train station was all decked out for the team.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So here's something for everyone to think about. If the Flyers end up with the first overall pick, would they consider moving one of Patrick or Frost as part of a package for a top pairing right side defender under the age of 25? Hughes/Giroux/Couturier/Patrick or Frost/Vorobyov/Rubtsov would be ridiculous depth, so someone would need to be moved. Just throwing it out there....

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@Magua - what do you think about Cozens as a winger at higher levels? I’ve only seen a few games of his at prospect shifts but I thought he has a skill set more suited as a winger.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Ok, I'll risk jinxing it and ask..

Where is Deadhead? Last seen Dec 20th..Someone took him out or did he pass away into the giant vapour bowl in the sky?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Magua - what do you think about Cozens as a winger at higher levels? I’ve only seen a few games of his at prospect shifts but I thought he has a skill set more suited as a winger.

I'm always eager to say a junior center will be a winger, but I actually think Cozens could stick at center. I also think he'd be a good PWF goal scoring wing with a great playmaking center. I'm sure his offensive ceiling is higher there. But I like his hockey sense and feel for the position at center: gives easy exit availability, solid defensively, moves really well at his size through NZ (or even stop starts in tight), physical in battles (even at the NHL level, when he fills out, he might be one of the tougher below the dots players to contain). I don't think he's much of a finesse player or passer, but his high IQ allows him to execute nice give and go plays or short area passes. He always has a plan.

My thing with Cozens, while most people have him 3-5 (again, this draft might not be the most talented), is that while he provides a lot of super high floor things that will project easily, I'm a little skeptical he has the high end puck skill to be a 1C type. But I have seen improvement this year from last year with his hands, though he's still not exactly a "stickhandle in a phone booth" type. I'd say more a 50-60 point 2C is my realistic hope. But again, wing maybe provides more. Like every non-Jaako Hughkko prospect, he has his pluses and minuses as a quintessential high pick, so he's certainly a possibility like any other. He's not exactly easy for me to comp either. Rosy ceiling.....smaller, more nimble Primeau? Maybe Star Man can chime in.

Reactions: VladDrag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad