Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Feel here is similar, watched another shift by shift on YouTube, too (from Sept). I see a bit of Stone in his game, which is why I think he would be a very good winger. Not sayin he is as good in the dzone, that would be unfair.

Hmmm it's not an uninteresting comparison in certain ways, if you played him on the wing, which I'm not saying NEEDS to be done, as I think he has interesting qualities as a power center. But we know Stone is a mediocre skater and was way worse at age 17. Whereas Cozens is and projects as a plus skater at his size; he's way more fluid and athletic in general.

But Stone is definitely an archetype of the "whole is greater" type player. Don't think he has the best hands, certainly not dynamic. But he has brilliant hockey sense and so many masterfully subtle qualities on top of good skill. Maybe Cozens can be that type of player too. Their games with the puck really do have some similarities now that I think on it. And I'm a big fan of Cozens' hockey IQ. I feel like I'm selling him to myself the more I talk and think about him lol. I guess my only point was that at #3-5 you hope for a Pettersson or Heiskanen or Marner or Jones.......a real superstar......but it doesn't always work that way. Not every draft has that. If he ended up a Mark Stone-type with better wheels, that's a beast of a player and not far off. I do think last year's 3-10 general area impressed me more than this year's though.

Last edited:

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Any idea which of the top prospects have a reasonable shot of making an NHL roster next year, other than the obvious answer of Hughes and Kakko? I'm impatient and want whatever guy we pick to contribute next year.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Any idea which of the top prospects have a reasonable shot of making an NHL roster next year, other than the obvious answer of Hughes and Kakko? I'm impatient and want whatever guy we pick to contribute next year.
Hextall is no longer in charge and therefore anyone picked in the top-5 would most likely play for the Flyers that season.
It helps that almost any of the projected top-10 picks other than Hughes appear to have NHL bodies.

Last edited:

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Top-5 right now for me:
1. Jack Hughes
2. Kaapo Kakko
3. Kirby Dach
4. Peyton Krebs
5. Vasily Podkolzin

There is not many hype on Krebs but from what I saw he has elite skillset. Reminds me mix of Artemi Panarin and Viktor Arvidsson. Dylan Cozens has size and his shooting abilities probably better than Krebs, but except this Peyton has more strong sides

Reactions: phlflyer1

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
If by chance Chicago gets Hughes and we get number 2....I'm going to light my house on fire.

i mean, i get why you'd have this opinion, but i've been thinking about it and... based off the overwhelming centre depth in the flyers farm system, isn't a Kakko-type player what they really need?

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Podkolzin intrigues me from what I say in the WJC.

I knew I liked you for a reason..we're leading the Podkolzin bandwagon :yo:

IMG_0230.JPG

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
i mean, i get why you'd have this opinion, but i've been thinking about it and... based off the overwhelming centre depth in the flyers farm system, isn't a Kakko-type player what they really need?
To me it would be the irony most of all but I suppose Kakko would be a way better consolation than JVR when Chicago got Kane but I still want Hughes.... We can trade our center depth....like G maybe before we waste him completely and leverage him to round out the roster in other needed areas . I doubt though we get either 1 or 2...….still convinced we cashed in our luck with the Patrick pick. Gonna keep saying it as reverse psychology....

We need a damn immediate impact player...….

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
To me it would be the irony most of all but I suppose Kakko would be a way better consolation than JVR when Chicago got Kane but I still want Hughes.... We can trade our center depth....like G maybe before we waste him completely and leverage him to round out the roster in other needed areas . I doubt though we get either 1 or 2...….still convinced we cashed in our luck with the Patrick pick. Gonna keep saying it as reverse psychology....

We need a damn immediate impact player...….
Totally agree. If we lose to Chicago in lotto like 07 even at 3 I’d nab Podkolzin then Cozens at 4.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
This Nolan Hatrick name doesn't seem to be working out all that great so far, so I'm going to change it to another lame player pun according to whoever we get first in the draft. I'm hoping for something like "Hughes Clues" or "Kakko the Walk," but I'll settle for "iPodkolzin" or "What up, Cozens?"

Reactions: Chuck Downie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad