Official 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Back on a serious note, getting Hughes would be absolutely immense. G back to wing, Hughes as 2C, Frost 3C, whomever 4C. Trade Patrick (and Hagg or Gudas + whatever) to StL for Parayko, and we would be set.

G-Coots-TK
JVR-Hughes-Jake
Lindy-Frost-Allison (or ...)
Laughton-Pimp/Ruby-NAK

Prov-Parayko
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

I need to change my shorts ...

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Back on a serious note, getting Hughes would be absolutely immense. G back to wing, Hughes as 2C, Frost 3C, whomever 4C. Trade Patrick (and Hagg or Gudas + whatever) to StL for Parayko, and we would be set.

G-Coots-TK
JVR-Hughes-Jake
Laughton-Pimp/Ruby-NAK

Prov-Parayko
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

That wouldn’t get you Parayko.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
latest
"I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THAT ROBERT FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND HAK LET HIM BE..."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

G-Coots-TK
JVR-Hughes-Jake
Laughton-Pimp/Ruby-NAK

Prov-Parayko
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

Or keep Patrick because it would be stupid to sell-low on him and start off Frost on the wing, where he would have no problem producing. Plus there is zero chance we have two rookies as our middle 6 centers next season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Podkolzin might have been the best player I saw at the Hlinka, but the US didn't have their top guys. Also great at the WJACs which feature a lot of older players.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
It's definitely not "exceptional." That I can guarantee, and you always have to be wary of generalized reports. It's.....fine. Like he has an above average top gear; it's just not particularly deceptive or agile, and he's best straight lining. In the cycle game, he's not exactly turnstiling people with his edges and burst. Little more power than finesse, though he's talented. I like him to clarify. I also wonder if he's actually better than a similarly styled Matthew Boldy, who is typically snuck into the top 10 rather than top 5.

Thanks Magua. Your insight is always appreciated. I'm still in the learning process of watching prospects and breaking down skillsets. My kids are finally old enough I can watch/research more than the bare minimum of NHL games.

Reactions: VladDrag

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
God I hate this. I thought we would be done hoping to land the top pick by this point. What the f!
Please let this be the end of this nightmare stretch.
Get Hughes then let’s never discuss being in the lottery again.
Trade Simmonds and Hagg. Buyout McD. Draft Hughes. Blow their wad on Karlsson this summer.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
On paper sense and based on their positives and how they play, a Lindblom-Patrick-Frost sounds like a line that could work.

I never expect this to happen though.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
So what do you gentlemen make of the top of this draft?

I feel underwhelmed.
I really like the top half of the first round. Lots of good talented centers, some real good wings. D is a little lacking, but Hughes, Kaako, Cozens,Dach, Turcotte, Boldy, Podkolzen, Zegras, Krebs, Suzuki, all look really good, and Kaliyev, Caufield, Pelletier, Newhook, and Lavoie are all interesting.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I know it's way early, but how talent-dense is the 20-30 range looking this year? Not just for potential 1sts recouped at the deadline, but for potential trade-ups from the early second ( :cry: ).

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad