Official 2015 Bruins Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I have not got my RL Draft Guide or ISS but RL May newsletter has Zboril at 30 and Roy at 12.

I agree with you on Zboril and White. I do get the impression this group of Sweeney, Gretzky, Bradley and scouts will not be following a standard list and anything could happen at 14. Fighting is slowly going out of the game but Zboril can toss them if need be- has good technique and is pretty tough. I'm all in on him but want to see what Woodlief has to say- not that he's all knowing but he's pretty good and certainly doesn't follow a script.

I think it's a reach to take Zboril at 14, yes. The draft from 16-30 is so unpredictable. I think they stay at 14, take BPA, and then follow the picks. If Zboril falls to the end of the first round, trade up from 37 and grab him. I think he'll go right around 30 (won't get past Buffalo at 31).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692

Final ranking from Button, wonder how Kirks compares

Buttons list is always way out of left field, which is pretty cool to see. Just because the generic lists of compilations of scouts always look the same, an individual report could look completely different. One guy that button isn't all that high on is forsbacka-karlsson. To me, if the Bruins go high upside in the 1st with a Roy, konecny, chabot type, I'd be all in on a safer pick in the 2nd in forsbacka-karlsson. Real strong 2 way player coming out of the ushl. Played the final few weeks with another bs 2nd round pick in donato.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692

Final ranking from Button, wonder how Kirks compares

Button is a goof, put no stock into anything he says. If his daddy wasn't a big time hockey executive (Jack Button) Craig wouldn't be working in the sport. Went from a college degree in 1987 straight into a career at the NHL level with Minnesota in 1988. If it wasn't for his Daddy's connections Craig would probably be managing a McDonald's right now and not on TSN spouting off crap he knows nothing about.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I'm quite convinced at this point that this draft is going to be a huge letdown for us fans. I just have think voice in the back of my head telling me they are going to go with size > pure offensive skill. I'm thinking a guy like DeBrusk or Guryanov, or even going off the board a bit with a guy like Greenway. I doubt they pick a D-man unless Hanifin is still there, and I think we would all be shocked if they picked a goalie.

I also think there is a good chance Edmonton slides down 1 spot to #2 and takes Eichel. Chiarelli was very fond of him while he was here, and I'm not convinced he wants to compete for the cup next year. Buffalo would likely move heaven and earth to get McDavid, something like Bogosian or Kane + #2 would likely put them in the wheelhouse.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't pick at all in the first round this year. I could see us moving the pick for help up front from a team like Toronto or Carolina.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm quite convinced at this point that this draft is going to be a huge letdown for us fans. I just have think voice in the back of my head telling me they are going to go with size > pure offensive skill. I'm thinking a guy like DeBrusk or Guryanov, or even going off the board a bit with a guy like Greenway. I doubt they pick a D-man unless Hanifin is still there, and I think we would all be shocked if they picked a goalie.

I also think there is a good chance Edmonton slides down 1 spot to #2 and takes Eichel. Chiarelli was very fond of him while he was here, and I'm not convinced he wants to compete for the cup next year. Buffalo would likely move heaven and earth to get McDavid, something like Bogosian or Kane + #2 would likely put them in the wheelhouse.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't pick at all in the first round this year. I could see us moving the pick for help up front from a team like Toronto or Carolina.

That would be another huge mistake by us, our prospect pool needs the most help out of those teams.

I don't see why we would pass big players like zacha/rantanen/meier and grab someone from the bottom of the 1st round.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Would you make Subban available at the draft since we've signed ZM.
How thrilled would he be to learn behind Carey Price?

HanktheHammer*

Button is a goof, put no stock into anything he says. If his daddy wasn't a big time hockey executive (Jack Button) Craig wouldn't be working in the sport. Went from a college degree in 1987 straight into a career at the NHL level with Minnesota in 1988. If it wasn't for his Daddy's connections Craig would probably be managing a McDonald's right now and not on TSN spouting off crap he knows nothing about.

You can say the same about Charlie Jacobs too on daddy connections. But, at least Button has a Stanley Cup win on his resume' from the '99 Dallas Stars organization.

I do agree with Button on his FINAL ranking. I said this long ago that somebody will drop. I believed it was Haninfin that was going to drop, but not that far. Hanifan and Merkerley(another I predicted that would drop) are that someones. Button's ranking is only a rough estimate of the draft listing, NOT an order. The only ranking that matters is what transpires on Draft day.

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would you make Subban available at the draft since we've signed ZM.
How thrilled would he be to learn behind Carey Price?

Send him to Ottawa :sarcasm:

But I absolutely would, team is full of holes and goalies are set.

He would go to west to but like Kiss fan ;) has suggested Subban+14th to San Jose is nothing crazy happens

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
I actually almost agree with Button on his COnnor ranking. I'm not sure he would go #6 but a lot of people have been lamenting the idea of the Kings nabbing him right before our pick and where I'm convinced he may go in the 6-9 range. He's an elite skater with a nice enough frame (ostensibly could be 6'1 195-200 in a couple of years if he puts in the gym work) for a center with ridiculous point totals in the USHL for his age. We know these repetitive, consistent rankings aren't going to hold and there will ge a few jumps/drops and I'm thinking Connor will go earlier than expected.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
If Arizona doesn't take Hanifin, then I really can't see the Leafs passing him up. At any rate, there is no way that he drops to the spot that Button envisions.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
ZM is not singed officially

No, but his "advisor" (no agents allowed) confirmed to the Grand Forks Herald that Zane was leaving ND and signing with the Bruins. Then on May 20th new GM Don Sweeney also confirmed during his Twitter Q & A that ZM would be signing with Boston.

Done deal. I even saw one of the new Cap sites had him listed with a two year deal at $625k per. Not sure where they got that info?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is this a joke list, right?

Merkley 11th, Hanifin 12th, goalie with our pick and Rantanen at 16, Zacha 24?

Why on earth would we take a goalie and say no to Rantanen?? But boy do I hope Rantanen is available and we take him, from the 5-10 range into our arms and Rantanen-Pasta top6 rw, beautiful.

A couple of posters have already pointed this out, but it's worth repeating because everyone seems to have their panties in a bunch about it, but:

1) Button's list is always different from the other mainstream outlets and he likely does that on purpose to differentiate himself from the other people doing these rankings.

2) This is NOT A MOCK DRAFT! Button is not saying that the B's are going to take a Russian goalie at 14. He just has him rated as the 14th best player in the draft. I don't believe that Button does a mock draft, just rankings.

3) People are talking about it...which is the idea.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No, but his "advisor" (no agents allowed) confirmed to the Grand Forks Herald that Zane was leaving ND and signing with the Bruins. Then on May 20th new GM Don Sweeney also confirmed during his Twitter Q & A that ZM would be signing with Boston.

Done deal. I even saw one of the new Cap sites had him listed with a two year deal at $625k per. Not sure where they got that info?

It is a done deal.

Not officially signed yet because as Mark Divver reported on twitter (I believe it was Mark) he stands to earn more money by signing on the day he becomes a UFA.

If he signs now his max would be

$900,000 + $90,000 signing bonus + $60,000 AHL salary

On July 1 his max would be (or whatever day he becomes UFA)

$925,000 + $92,500 signing bonus + $70,000 AHL salary.

To quote Wally "It's always about the money"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad