Official 2015 Bruins Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not that I have read the entire thread but it seems like the 14th pick is going to get the Bruins a defenseman...not that we don't need depth there who ever they pick won't crack the line up this year.

Connor C/Konency C,wing/Meier W are players that are in that range and they all have the top6 potential. Meier is exactly a player that Sweeney was talking of in his press, Meier has the size and he could win a spot, you never know.

D pick wouldn't be the best in that range.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
I don't think our 14th pick will make it to the big this year. We've been spoiled by Pasta but remember how many of those 1st pick made it to the show last year (Ekblad and Pastrnak), 2 out of 30. Pasta was an exception, not the rule. Our mid 1st round pick will probably need 2 to 4 year before he has the kind of impact Pasta had last year.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I don't think our 14th pick will make it to the big this year. We've been spoiled by Pasta but remember how many of those 1st pick made it to the show last year (Ekblad and Pastrnak), 2 out of 30. Pasta was an exception, not the rule. Our mid 1st round pick will probably need 2 to 4 year before he has the kind of impact Pasta had last year.
Come on were on a roll 2 in a row, I can feel it.:nod:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

This is an amazing draft and we have the 14th pick and we should get a really good player with it if we won't go crazy.

Meier has a big body and top talent so for him it should be a lot easier to earn a spot than for Pasta.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
try and move up for provorov. he and douglas could be dominant together.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Connor C/Konency C,wing/Meier W are players that are in that range and they all have the top6 potential. Meier is exactly a player that Sweeney was talking of in his press, Meier has the size and he could win a spot, you never know.

D pick wouldn't be the best in that range.

My apologizes, I was under the impression that Meier was a dman. But thank you..copied the names down and I'm going to take a look at them.

Thanks again

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

Keep in mind that Meir is one of the older draft eligible players so he could be closer possibly. I hope we get Connor.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just watched Sportsnets Top 30 Draft Prospects Countdown. Some surprises for sure:

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Hanifin
4) Strome
5) Crouse
6) Provorov
7) Marner
8) Rantanen
9) Barzal
10) Werenski
11) Kylington
12) Meier
13) Merkley
14) Zacha
15) Konecny
16) Chlapik
17) Svechnikov
18) Connor
19) Zboril
20) White
21) Roy
22) Sprong
23) Chabot
24) Boeser
25) Bittner
26) Carlo
27) Harkins
28) Greenway
29) Dunn
30) Debrusk

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
If C-LW Pavel Zacha is there at number 14 the Bruins should take him and run. I think he will go much higher.
Every time a new list comes my way D Jakub Zboril has climbed a few steps on the list.
The Bruins may have a total different view as they usually bring a surprise.
My favs in this draft are Zach Werenski and Pavel Zacha. But they won't last til 14.
Not Timo Meier either.
I would love a 6'2 200 defenseman who can skate like Werenski.
I hope the Bruins stay away from 5'10 defensemen this year.
I think the big thing is to get size and speed whether it's a D or a forward.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Future Considerations
Strong, well-rounded, two-way center…one of the best skaters for this draft…great speed with an excellent stride and tremendous acceleration…moves quickly and is tough to handle when he hits top speed…has great strength on his skates and is tough to separate from the puck…battles hard for possession…drives the net and is strong in close…can beat a goalie in many ways…has a great shot and also distributes the puck well…a very hard worker with an edge to his game…great on defense with a great defensive stick and strong defensive-zone awareness…always in the right spots on the ice and he is a tremendous worker. (August 2014)

Colin white? Or Dan paille?
Now if he is Dan paille then he's not worth a 1st, but seeing as his floor might be that of an extremely effective 4th liner, penalty killer and leader with the chance for more- something to think about. Maybe not at 14 but if they traded back a few spots, picked up a low 2nd or 3rd and landed a sure think bottom 6 center/wing, I'd be happy, particularly since he can skate (unlike Caron/hamil.) other potential selections are Connor and konecny if they go forward. Both higher upside guys who if be happy with, but more a top 6 or bust with them.

I'm in the minority but think the Bruins have quite a bit in the top 6 skill department in the system. Pastrnak, Connolly, spooner, khoklachev, Marchand, krejci. All skilled guys looking to make impacts this season. Cehlarik, donato, heinen, farther away but of the same mold.

They lack what might sound like an oxymoron but high upside bottom line players. The Colton hargroves and bobby Robbins and Justin floreks might be adequate 4th line guys, but not impact ones, in the way paille was during their cup runs. White could be one of those impact 4th liners at his lowest potential based on his skating alone.

Still think a D is the biggest need, but also the riskiest considering the Bruins are picking high and can't afford a mistake at 14 this year. They have to hit one. Forward is easier to project. Also hoping Crouse falls because of his lack of upside and falls into the Bruins lap. It would be dougie hamilton all over again. No brainer

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Pass on Provorov and Meir...trade down and grab Nick Merkley at around 25-30

big pass on Merkley for me. small and not a dynamic skater. If we go small then give me Konecny. Pass on Provorov? hes not even going to be available past #7 at Philly, hes going to be a stud... not sure where your analysis is coming from

wishlist for me: (unless a guy like Zacha/crouse etc falls)

1. Meier
2. Konecny
3. Connor
4. Zboril
5. Chabot

if Subban goes he goes to EDM for Draisatl and C. Hamilton, two Oilers that will never wear the jersey.

why on earth does EDM do that trade? yeesh

try and move up for provorov. he and douglas could be dominant together.

You are going to have to move up ahead of Philly for him. and NJ wont want to trade down because they need a home run pick at F. The cost is going to be insane to get a top 10 team to move down this year. cant see it happening

If C-LW Pavel Zacha is there at number 14 the Bruins should take him and run. I think he will go much higher.
Every time a new list comes my way D Jakub Zboril has climbed a few steps on the list.
The Bruins may have a total different view as they usually bring a surprise.
My favs in this draft are Zach Werenski and Pavel Zacha. But they won't last til 14.
Not Timo Meier either.
I would love a 6'2 200 defenseman who can skate like Werenski.
I hope the Bruins stay away from 5'10 defensemen this year.
I think the big thing is to get size and speed whether it's a D or a forward.

Believe me they would haha. He shouldn't get past 13, and more realistically 10. I am high on Zboril, would consider him if Meier and Connor are gone.

Colin white? Or Dan paille?
Now if he is Dan paille then he's not worth a 1st, but seeing as his floor might be that of an extremely effective 4th liner, penalty killer and leader with the chance for more- something to think about. Maybe not at 14 but if they traded back a few spots, picked up a low 2nd or 3rd and landed a sure think bottom 6 center/wing, I'd be happy, particularly since he can skate (unlike Caron/hamil.) other potential selections are Connor and konecny if they go forward. Both higher upside guys who if be happy with, but more a top 6 or bust with them.

I'm in the minority but think the Bruins have quite a bit in the top 6 skill department in the system. Pastrnak, Connolly, spooner, khoklachev, Marchand, krejci. All skilled guys looking to make impacts this season. Cehlarik, donato, heinen, farther away but of the same mold.

They lack what might sound like an oxymoron but high upside bottom line players. The Colton hargroves and bobby Robbins and Justin floreks might be adequate 4th line guys, but not impact ones, in the way paille was during their cup runs. White could be one of those impact 4th liners at his lowest potential based on his skating alone.

Still think a D is the biggest need, but also the riskiest considering the Bruins are picking high and can't afford a mistake at 14 this year. They have to hit one. Forward is easier to project. Also hoping Crouse falls because of his lack of upside and falls into the Bruins lap. It would be dougie hamilton all over again. No brainer

I am sort of with you here. White doesn't have great offensive upside. His style comparison is Patrice Bergeron lite. Rather take a high octane D or F like the others I mentioned

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Just watched Sportsnets Top 30 Draft Prospects Countdown. Some surprises for sure:

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Hanifin
4) Strome
5) Crouse
6) Provorov
7) Marner
8) Rantanen
9) Barzal
10) Werenski
11) Kylington
12) Meier
13) Merkley
14) Zacha
15) Konecny
16) Chlapik
17) Svechnikov
18) Connor
19) Zboril
20) White
21) Roy
22) Sprong
23) Chabot
24) Boeser
25) Bittner
26) Carlo
27) Harkins
28) Greenway
29) Dunn
30) Debrusk

I would do such a :vhappy: if Zacha, Connor, Konecny were all still on the board at 14.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My apologizes, I was under the impression that Meier was a dman. But thank you..copied the names down and I'm going to take a look at them.

Thanks again

No problems, those are players that we could definitely use/we need. I don't know how Cam would be able to choose anyone except Meier if he was still available.

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Hanifin
4) Strome
5) Crouse
6) Provorov
7) Marner
8) Rantanen
9) Barzal
10) Werenski
11) Kylington
12) Meier
13) Merkley
14) Zacha
15) Konecny
16) Chlapik
17) Svechnikov
18) Connor
19) Zboril
20) White
21) Roy
22) Sprong
23) Chabot
24) Boeser
25) Bittner
26) Carlo
27) Harkins
28) Greenway
29) Dunn
30) Debrusk

Really like those, Merkley scares me there.
Zacha would be a huge steal for us and he is lw, that 3rd line lw spot is waiting for him but I doubt he is realistic. But his size oh, boy we could use that.

Meier/Konency are still my top2 picks if nothing crazy happens and someone drops.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
No problems, those are players that we could definitely use/we need. I don't know how Cam would be able to choose anyone except Meier if he was still available.

Really like those, Merkley scares me there.
Zacha would be a huge steal for us and he is lw, that 3rd line lw spot is waiting for him but I doubt he is realistic. But his size oh, boy we could use that.

Meier/Konency are still my top2 picks if nothing crazy happens and someone drops.

THN has Merkley at 24 I believe, with the "harder to play against" idea back in affect, just cant see the B's taking him @ 14 if he is there.
Unless something crazy happens and others fall I would like Meier if he is available, just seems like a good fit, same as Kyle Connor.
I really like Konecny's skill set and game, but the aggressive style that he plays for a smaller player with a bit of injury issues already taking him @ 14 again worries me.
Now if you were picking in the 20's and he was still there I would be all over it and hoping he could stay healthy cause the kid is a player.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
THN has Merkley at 24 I believe, with the "harder to play against" idea back in affect, just cant see the B's taking him @ 14 if he is there.
Unless something crazy happens and others fall I would like Meier if he is available, just seems like a good fit, same as Kyle Connor.
I really like Konecny's skill set and game, but the aggressive style that he plays for a smaller player with a bit of injury issues already taking him @ 14 again worries me.
Now if you were picking in the 20's and he was still there I would be all over it and hoping he could stay healthy cause the kid is a player.

I hope we do better than Merkely at 14th, small not a great skater is exactly a player we don't need.

If Konency can be our Johnson jr I'd love to have him if no one is dropping from top10 and Meier is gone.
Zacha drop would be nice because he would give us size on the lw side and give us more leverage over Lucic.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I hope we do better than Merkely at 14th, small not a great skater is exactly a player we don't need.

If Konency can be our Johnson jr I'd love to have him if no one is dropping from top10 and Meier is gone.
Zacha drop would be nice because he would give us size on the lw side and give us more leverage over Lucic.

I've noticed you have a slight man crush on TJ :laugh: he's been brought up a lot by you recently. Would be thrilled if Konecny could turn into him

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've noticed you have a slight man crush on TJ :laugh: he's been brought up a lot by you recently. Would be thrilled if Konecny could turn into him

Well we had a boring team with no life and someone like Konency could definitely help in that area.

I'd say I just have high hopes for Konency/Meier/Zacha if available.
We need a winner draft pick and I wouldn't be mad with one of those, I'd be happy as ..... if we got one of those.

I use Johnson a lot so everyone knows what kind of line that would be in my line proposals, speed+scoring.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013

Merkely scares the **** out of me...if somehow we end up with zacha konency or connor ill be happen

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I just saw that Meier, although a RW, shoots left. Do the Bruins need another left-handed shot?

It's not enough to deter me from taking the player. Loui plays LW anyway you can slide him over. One or two of Lucic/Loui/Smith will probably be gone soon anyway

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Hope we take Svechnikov, elite offensive skill and competes very hard.

While he not be "good" at defense currently as is, hes the type of guy that lays his body out on the ice to block a slap shot even if the Eagles were down 2+ goals and then come out the next shift and score a highlight reel goal to spark the comeback.

Very competitive player, hates losing and will do whatever it takes, I have no doubt that he will work hard on the defensive side of the puck more next year and in the future.

One negative is that hes very passionate while playing and it sometimes leads to undisciplined penalties, the worst game I ever saw him play he took 4 different minor penalties and a 10 minute conduct. Obviously not a regular occurrence but just figured I'd mention that.

Also he ended the season with I want to say.. 28 points in the final 17 or 18 games playing center with a 52% faceoff percentage. Doubt he'll be a centerman in the pros but hes versatile.

If anyone has any questions about his game I'll do my best to answer, not a scout or anything but love his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad