Official 2015 Bruins Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
There will be plenty of teams looking to trade down after MccDavid, Eichel and Marner are picked. That's where Sweeney needs to package Marchand and our 1st.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
There will be plenty of teams looking to trade down after MccDavid, Eichel and Marner are picked. That's where Sweeney needs to package Marchand and our 1st.

You don't trade Marchand for an unproven asset. He has warts, and if you could package him for a guy like ror I would love it. However if they trade him for a pick, I would be livid.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
You don't trade Marchand for an unproven asset. He has warts, and if you could package him for a guy like ror I would love it. However if they trade him for a pick, I would be livid.

Either way it would create a big hole on the left side. For me, if we're going to trade someone it Krejci. And I'm not a Marchand fan.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It is a done deal.

Not officially signed yet because as Mark Divver reported on twitter (I believe it was Mark) he stands to earn more money by signing on the day he becomes a UFA.

If he signs now his max would be

$900,000 + $90,000 signing bonus + $60,000 AHL salary

On July 1 his max would be (or whatever day he becomes UFA)

$925,000 + $92,500 signing bonus + $70,000 AHL salary.

To quote Wally "It's always about the money"

Not always, but mostly.

I'm just happy that ZM decided to stick with the B's instead of do the NCAA FA thing.

For that (and because he seems like a great guy), I wish him a long and successful career in Boston.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Fans clamoring for more speed, physicality, scoring, grit!

How do we bring guys like this here to Boston?

I know, let's deal Marchand, the one guy on the team right now that can do all of those things for a draft pick!

Yeah, let's do that...

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Fans clamoring for more speed, physicality, scoring, grit!

How do we bring guys like this here to Boston?

I know, let's deal Marchand, the one guy on the team right now that can do all of those things for a draft pick!

Yeah, let's do that...

Diving midget who hasn't scored a goal in his last 20 playoff games and takes stupid penalties. Clearly we need more of that.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Either way it would create a big hole on the left side. For me, if we're going to trade someone it Krejci. And I'm not a Marchand fan.

If either Marchand (very unlikely) or Lucic (quite possibly) is dealt to get an extra pick/move up in the draft, then that still leaves one of them plus Eriksson and Smith on the left. Boston has no shortage of left-shooting LWers.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Honestly once Hanifin is off the board, I really don't believe the talent is there to justify a major trade up deal. I like some guys listed in the top 10, but I am not convinced they are going to end up being that much better than the guys who will be there at 14

And I consider a major trade up deal something that involves giving up a core player (and Marchand is certainly a core guy)

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Honestly once Hanifin is off the board, I really don't believe the talent is there to justify a major trade up deal. I like some guys listed in the top 10, but I am not convinced they are going to end up being that much better than the guys who will be there at 14

And I consider a major trade up deal something that involves giving up a core player (and Marchand is certainly a core guy)

Absolutley!

Trading Marchand would be a mistake I think.

We need to publicly make Looch available and field offers.
We need some cap space.

I would also field offers for potential all star Subban.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Diving midget who hasn't scored a goal in his last 20 playoff games and takes stupid penalties. Clearly we need more of that.

I would say GloryDaze is aware of what else Marchand does as I am too but I will speak for myself and say I will take Marchand's short coming to get the other stuff. Or I would be asking why employ Bergeron, Kelly and the rest of the PK units? When Marchand does get one you call on someone to do their job.

With some players we need to make do. In my opinion Marchand is the only Bruin able to snipe a shot like a 50 goal scorer.

Peace out.

Last edited:

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Absolutley!

Trading Marchand would be a mistake I think.

We need to publicly make Looch available and field offers.
We need some cap space.

I would also field offers for potential all star Subban.

I don't think it's the right time to offer Subban. If he truly does have the goods then he needs to build up a reputation, a bit like Gibson. Then we can get a big return on either him or Rask

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

As others have pointed out, but you fail to acknowledge simply because it doesn't fit your schtick or agenda is that Marchand has cut way back on the dumb penalties and had his "diving" penalties this year rescinded. Also, he's one of the only B's (along with Pasta) that can create his own offense, and actually has enough speed to make the opposing D respect it. Add in the PK ability and shot and he's not a player that you "throw into" a deal to move up a few spots.

I would bet good money that if Marchand played in a less defensively responsible system, he'd put up 30 annually.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
If either Marchand (very unlikely) or Lucic (quite possibly) is dealt to get an extra pick/move up in the draft, then that still leaves one of them plus Eriksson and Smith on the left. Boston has no shortage of left-shooting LWers.

Sorry, but , IMO, Eriksson or Smith don't bring the things that Lucic does. Both are soft, if you can call any hockey player "soft", players and just don't bring the things Lucic does. Especially Smith. I like them both and both are/will be good players but Lucic bring an unmeasurable element.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sorry, but , IMO, Eriksson or Smith don't bring the things that Lucic does. Both are soft, if you can call any hockey player "soft", players and just don't bring the things Lucic does. Especially Smith. I like them both and both are/will be good players but Lucic bring an unmeasurable element.

Whatever he brought this year was certainly "unmeasurable".

I loved the Lucic from a few years ago, and if he can get back to that, great. However, when you add up the benefits of keeping him and having to give him a long term, big $$$ contract next year versus dealing him for a nice package that would address multiple team needs...I go with the latter.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011

90% of NHLers don't bring the physicality Lucic does. Most NHLers are "soft" by that definition. you cant ice 12 Lucic's/Simmonds etc

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
My updated draft rankings at 14 (for those projected available)

1. Meier
2. Connor
3. Roy
4. Konecny
5. White
6. Zboril

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Button is way over the top. I mean, Zacha at 24? Rantanen at 16? Hanafin at 12? One man's opinion, I know, but this is a radical departure from the consensus.

I'm sure Bradley would do cartwheels if Rantanen or Zacha were available at 14.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Button is way over the top. I mean, Zacha at 24? Rantanen at 16? Hanafin at 12? One man's opinion, I know, but this is a radical departure from the consensus.

I'm sure Bradley would do cartwheels if Rantanen or Zacha were available at 14.

Most draft lists or rankings that are put out (in any sport) on the internet are usually based on group think. However most teams internal rankings are vastly different than public ones. I just think back to the Flyers draft video from 2013 where they had Morin ranked like 6th ahead of Monahan. If we got to see all 30 team draft boards they'd be so different and we'd probably be shocked by some of them. While I don't agree with Button's ranks it's nice to see an original take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->